How to install mods?
I think its about time that assaultcube moves on instead of having graphics from 2006 actioncube and low fps tolerance. It needs fall damage, a scope for each gun, more of a variation of weapons like ac reloaded but better, increase map sizes, render distance, get rid of the stupid /fog 1024 business and make it so that you can permanently customise your map's fog, maybe an update system instead of releasing a new version of the game (maybe release a new version every 3 years but update it a bit in between) so you can keep updating the game (like most games) so its harder for mods (like wallhack) to be used and people will be less bored of the game. There are less and less people playing ac now so lets pull ourselves together and start doing something about it!
Thanks given by: BluffCreek
Killerjoe = bluffcreek ?
Thanks given by:
no its just I want the game to be more interesting that's all. I'm not like bluffcreek, what makes you think that?

you don't seem to understand that I am not slagging the game of.
(12 Nov 15, 07:01PM)Marti Wrote: Killerjoe = bluffcreek ?
No. Do an I.P check if you must.
Thanks given by:
IP check really doesn't prove anything fyi
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 15, 04:57PM)Thekillerjoe Wrote: I am not ridiculing the game I like the game how it is but there is always room for improvement. I bet the AC engine hasn't been re-written in at least seven years.
Closer to 15 - while the engine has received some tweaks, it's still basically the same thing that the original Cube shipped with when it came out in 2001.

But there is this: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/pull/137

FPS in ac_magic-school in RVSF base jumped from under 20 to 50+ and in SWAT_silent_day from ~30 to ~50 on my laptop's Intel chip. Whether that gets accepted is another thing altogether.

(EDIT: not that these are examples of great maps, it's just to give an idea of what can be done performance-wise)

(11 Nov 15, 07:03PM)Marti Wrote: that's why these things are inexistent in all of assaultcube's official maps
Except for mines. And elevation. Actually, good portion (if not most) of the official maps have drops which would be equivalent of running of the top of your roof with full gear - not 50ft but hardly realistic.

Elevation also has a spot where you can squat underwater.

Not saying these are bad, but they definitely exist in officials and also quite a few high-quality custom maps as well.
Thanks given by:
Sorry but AC's playermodels are like SWAT teams innit? If they take damage from a fall of one, maybe two playermodels it would be stupid. You can easily jump +/- 3m without getting hurt.

Either way let me rectify myself then, they are very rare in AC's official maps
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 15, 04:08PM)Marti Wrote: Sorry but AC's playermodels are like SWAT teams innit? If they take damage from a fall of one, maybe two playermodels it would be stupid. You can easily jump +/- 3m without getting hurt.
He didn't mean take damage from what somebody else did. He meant that when you fall from something tall, you'd take damage. The higher it is, the more damage you take.

(This should not go for ac_camper and ac_camper_minecraft_edition)
Thanks given by:
Learn to read please
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
I already did.
Thanks given by: Undead
Guess you should forget what you learned and try again fam
Thanks given by:
(15 Nov 15, 02:32PM)Marti Wrote: Guess you should forget what you learned and try again fam

Says the one who doesn't properly explain things.
Thanks given by:
(15 Nov 15, 07:47PM)BluffCreek Wrote: Says the one who doesn't properly explain things.

'You can easily jump +/- 3m without getting hurt.'

^ Seems explained enough to me

Where the fuck have I stated that I mean damage taken by others? I am saying a jump from 3m is easily survivable without getting damaged. Let me quote you here: 'He meant that when you fall from something tall, you'd take damage.'

Jumps from over 3m don't exist in official maps, with the exception of maybe one (actually two) ladders in elevation.

Again, learn to read, idiot.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 15, 04:08PM)Marti Wrote: You can easily jump +/- 3m without getting hurt.
Easily? No. Especially if you're carrying two guns and intend to just keep running without breaking your stride.

Put 20 kilos of crap in your backpack and do a running jump off the top of your roof.

3m falls are dangerous and potentially lethal unless you've actually practiced jumping/falling from heights.
My roof is about 10m high, not gonna jump from there.

I've done 3m jumps, but I agree, keeping your stride after a jump like that is rather impossible, when you do jumps like that you usually do a roll after, or least bend through your knees.

But all in all, AC will never be super realistic as you can survive grenades and carry on like nothing happened, and can survive multiple bullet hits, and regain health blablabla.
Thanks given by:
(15 Nov 15, 08:39PM)Marti Wrote: Where the fuck have I stated that I mean damage taken by others? I am saying a jump from 3m is easily survivable without getting damaged. Let me quote you here: 'He meant that when you fall from something tall, you'd take damage.'

Jumps from over 3m don't exist in official maps, with the exception of maybe one (actually two) ladders in elevation.

Again, learn to read, idiot.
That wasn't the post. Learn to see, idiot.
Thanks given by:
Jesus... the shit posts of this thread be like..

[Image: 01C88F14391259381961806536704_3.1.5.3166...lpO7y8R2X9]

Ontopic:

Dude, the engine's old, and so is the game. Give it a rest will ya? The devs right now (at least I hope so) are doing their best to try and make the game as fun, yet playable for the more general/old school audience. I mean think about it, there's only what, 10 devs that are active atm, and they all spend their free time/money to work on this game. Cut them some slack and instead of bitching do something about it yourself! Feel free to suggest some ideas (be practical about it), make new maps, models, etc! I mean it's not a "community" for nothing.

In the words of J.F.K.: "Do not ask what your country can do for you, but instead what you can do for your country"
Thanks given by:
(15 Nov 15, 08:54PM)JMM Wrote:
(14 Nov 15, 04:08PM)Marti Wrote: You can easily jump +/- 3m without getting hurt.
Easily? No. Especially if you're carrying two guns and intend to just keep running without breaking your stride.

Put 20 kilos of crap in your backpack and do a running jump off the top of your roof.

3m falls are dangerous and potentially lethal unless you've actually practiced jumping/falling from heights.

depends how strong your legs are really, there is a certain point where your legs will just snap (or worse) if you can't withstand the fall or roll properly. for instance, i don't think lucas could jump off a roof and survive, he is so fragile.
Thanks given by: Marti , D3M0NW0LF
(16 Nov 15, 07:50AM)Undead Wrote: he is so fragile.
I can't tell if this is a joke, or a jerk remark. If it's a joke, it's kinda funny. If it's a jerk remark, it's still kinda funny.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 15, 01:35AM)BluffCreek Wrote: That wasn't the post. Learn to see, idiot.

You were replying to my post, you read it wrong, I say again what's in MY post, and you say it's the wrong post? Noob

[Image: e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bes...fce587e1a6]
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 15, 10:05AM)Marti Wrote: You were replying to my post, you read it wrong, I say again what's in MY post, and you say it's the wrong post? Noob

[Image: e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bes...fce587e1a6]

I can't continue with this. You're too troll-ish to figure out what particular post I was talking about, I've seen a 9 year old figure things out.
Thanks given by:
You replied to my reply to JMM

Dont try to act smart, you fucked up. Stop posting
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 15, 05:02AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Jesus... the shit posts of this thread be like..

[Image: 01C88F14391259381961806536704_3.1.5.3166...lpO7y8R2X9]

Ontopic:

Dude, the engine's old, and so is the game. Give it a rest will ya? The devs right now (at least I hope so) are doing their best to try and make the game as fun, yet playable for the more general/old school audience. I mean think about it, there's only what, 10 devs that are active atm, and they all spend their free time/money to work on this game. Cut them some slack and instead of bitching do something about it yourself! Feel free to suggest some ideas (be practical about it), make new maps, models, etc! I mean it's not a "community" for nothing.

In the words of J.F.K.: "Do not ask what your country can do for you, but instead what you can do for your country"

Very good point. Just bear in mind that you say that there is nothing wrong in making suggestions.

Feel free to suggest some ideas (be practical about it), make new maps, models, etc! I mean it's not a "community" for nothing.

D3MONWOLF -2015
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 15, 04:05PM)Thekillerjoe Wrote: Very good point. Just bear in mind that you say that there is nothing wrong in making suggestions.

Feel free to suggest some ideas (be practical about it), make new maps, models, etc! I mean it's not a "community" for nothing.

D3MONWOLF -2015
Well, with the amount of criticism I've been getting, I feel like suggesting something is wrong. I can't make a simple idea, and whenever I do, I'm given shit for a simple idea that anybody can make if they chose to, and when people like Marti come around and do something, I appear to be a target for moderation.

So, it's clear now why nobody ever made suggestions on this forum in the first place.

"Always target the new guy", according to forum moderators. Well, at least some.
Thanks given by:
Ah so easy to blame me.

Blaming others, first sign of weakness
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 15, 12:44PM)Marti Wrote: Ah so easy to blame me.

Blaming others, first sign of weakness
First sign of weakness? No, what's weak is you trying to act like you're smart by being a douchebag to me, even though being a douche to people gets you nowhere.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 15, 08:49PM)BluffCreek Wrote: First sign of weakness? No, what's weak is you trying to act like you're smart by being a douchebag to me, even though being a douche to people gets you nowhere.

[Image: index.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fi119.photobuc...e=400x1000]
Thanks given by: Padfoot
BluffCreek, if you want to replace or edit any file in C:\Program Files (x86)/Assaultcube the easiest way is to pull whatever you are replacing onto the desktop, edit it and return it to the folder or place your new file in the folder. The desktop has the permissions you need to edit whichever file you want, so by moving the file(s) to the desktop you have full permissions.
(17 Nov 15, 09:54PM)Boomhauer Wrote: BluffCreek, if you want to replace or edit any file in C:\Program Files (x86)/Assaultcube the easiest way is to pull whatever you are replacing onto the desktop, edit it and return it to the folder or place your new file in the folder. The desktop has the permissions you need to edit whichever file you want, so by moving the file(s) to the desktop you have full permissions.

Finally, the guidance I was looking for! Thank you so much! :D
Thanks given by: