My maps refuse to save
I just started map making, and I want to save my maps, but I can't. Let me go ahead and explain.

I type the /savemap command, I type the name, it tells me it's writing to (map title).cgz, and it tells me later that it couldn't write to (map title).cgz.

I need help. Anybody having this problem too? Is there a way I can fix it?
Thanks given by:
Windows user?

If so, it's a permission issue, likely because you installed AC into your programs folder. You need to find your main AC folder and change the folder permissions to allow the program to write to the directory.
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 15, 04:25AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Windows user?

If so, it's a permission issue, likely because you installed AC into your programs folder. You need to find your main AC folder and change the folder permissions to allow the program to write to the directory.

I'm a Linux and Windows user. Where is my main AC folder? (I'm on Windows right now)
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 15, 05:16AM)BluffCreek Wrote: I'm a Linux and Windows user. Where is my main AC folder? (I'm on Windows right now)
~/.assaultcube
Windows Vista and above (iirc): C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AssaultCube_v1.2
Thanks given by:
That folder does not appear. Should I create the directory, or reinstall?
Thanks given by:
Oh. I didn't read XRD's post. You installed it the old way. Modify the permissions of that folder, whether it's in Program Files or Program Files (x86)
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 15, 07:16AM)Mousikos Wrote: Oh. I didn't read XRD's post. You installed it the old way. Modify the permissions of that folder, whether it's in Program Files or Program Files (x86)

Can you give me an exact how-to?
Thanks given by:
Right click the ac folder, click on properties, and go to the security tab. You need to make sure you have these checked for your user profile (if you have more than one person sharing the pc):

Modify
Read & execute
Read
Write

Without these, you're a sitting duck. That or you could just move the entire ac folder to some other destination. That'll solve that issue as well.
Thanks given by: MPx
(30 Oct 15, 04:10PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Right click the ac folder, click on properties, and go to the security tab. You need to make sure you have these checked for your user profile (if you have more than one person sharing the pc):

Modify
Read & execute
Read
Write

Without these, you're a sitting duck. That or you could just move the entire ac folder to some other destination. That'll solve that issue as well.

I just did all of this and it still will not let me save.
Thanks given by:
F12 and check, whether screenshot was saved.
Thanks given by:
During installation, do NOT use the "XP"-option.
[Image: 4TGljWm.png]
It does not matter, which windows you're using: always use the second option!
Thanks given by:
I'll delete my AC and reinstall it.

Wait, that was the option I chose before. Where do I install AssaultCube?
Thanks given by:
Use the second option.

If you have problems locating your installation folder after that, right click your icon for starting AC, click properties, the click open file location. It should open a explorer window to this folder. Go up one level in the file system, then right click your folder to set the permissions for it.
You want to have administrator privileges for this. If you do not, log off your windows account, and log in with the admin account.
Your custom content for AC, along with screenshots and what not, is in My Documents\Assault Cube v1.2.

This is all mostly necessary, installing the game with the second option should make everything work out of the box.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 11:31PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Use the second option.

If you have problems locating your installation folder after that, right click your icon for starting AC, click properties, the click open file location. It should open a explorer window to this folder. Go up one level in the file system, then right click your folder to set the permissions for it.
You want to have administrator privileges for this. If you do not, log off your windows account, and log in with the admin account.
Your custom content for AC, along with screenshots and what not, is in My Documents\Assault Cube v1.2.

This is all mostly necessary, installing the game with the second option should make everything work out of the box.

I got it fixed, but thanks anyway! :)
Thanks given by:

If you have problems locating your installation folder after that, [...]

...just press F12 ingame to take a screenshot. It will tell you the path, where it was stored.
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 15, 03:07PM)stef Wrote:

If you have problems locating your installation folder after that, [...]

...just press F12 ingame to take a screenshot. It will tell you the path, where it was stored.
It's been fixed, but thanks anyway.
Thanks given by: