INSTA CTF mod
Hi,

I implemented an INSTA CTF game mode, I thought some people here might be interested in the code. You can have a look at my pull request if you're curious.

The rules of the mode:
  • every player has a sniper rifle as a primary, no secondary weapon
  • one health point
  • grab the enemy flag and bring it back to your own flag
  • you don't have to wait before respawning, after you were killed

Basically, it's TOSOK with flags, and you respawn immediately.

The gamemode string is "instactf", which you can use to play locally (e.g. "/instactf ac_depot"), and the gamemode number is 22.

HF.

EDIT: I have a server running at ironzorg.fr on the default port if you want to try it out (you'll have to compile the client first though).
a fatwa on every mod

inshallah how you dare to delete my posts
Thanks given by: Graziano
My first "thank" ;)
Baruch made It 3 years ago (I'm not sure If It needed a recompiled client)

(21 Aug 15, 08:14AM)Million Wrote: Baruch made It 3 years ago (I'm not sure If It needed a recompiled client)

It didn't need a client back then because the server alone handled timing when respawning was involved. The code changed afterwards, now you need to patch your client if you want to be able to respawn instantly.
(21 Aug 15, 08:14AM)Million Wrote: Baruch made It 3 years ago (I'm not sure If It needed a recompiled client)

and i made one before that, and someone made it even before etc.
because of the way AC handels gamemodes its very easy to implement;
i remember asking a few people about making it official and they were mostly not in favor of it (idk if it was on these forums or #acdev irc)

now theres a puill request it might change
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 15, 08:14AM)Million Wrote:

i feel raped musically
Thanks given by: SiL3nT , starix/A/ , Graziano
edit
Also side note: how do people feel about keeping chat in the bottom left corner as in the AOD video?
Does it already work?