[SOLVED] Can't run the game with nvidia optimus on windows 10
Hi all

I just upgraded to windows 10 today and I updated all the drivers
but I have problem with this game only.

I have laptop with two graphic cards.
One is intel 3000 and the other one is nvidia gt-525m.

So, If run the the game with nvidia for first time after windows start it will run fine
but I can't make it run again until I restart my laptop:

[Image: 8-2-2010.jpg]

the good thing that I can run the game all the time with intel graphic card but I am suffering with low fps on it.
and I have desktop that have integrated nvidia card and the game run fine on it.

So, I think the problem is with nvidia optimus.

I tried to reinstall the game and update openal but the problem still there.

Does anyone have this problem?
Is there any solution for it?

Update 23-8-2015
I solved check post #17:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8487-post...#pid168430
Thanks given by: Graziano
I would check to make sure your BIOS settings are correct - make sure the graphics interface you want the system to use by default is selected.

Check again that you installed the appropriate drivers, since you did just say you reinstalled Windows 10?

If you know that your BIOS settings, and your driver files are appropriate, then start checking AC settings...
i.e.:
/maxfps
/vsync

Please report....
Thanks given by: Graziano , champo
(02 Aug 15, 04:28PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: I would check to make sure your BIOS settings are correct - make sure the graphics interface you want the system to use by default is selected.

Check again that you installed the appropriate drivers, since you did just say you reinstalled Windows 10?

If you know that your BIOS settings, and your driver files are appropriate, then start checking AC settings...
i.e.:
/maxfps
/vsync

Please report....

All is done nothing fix it

I have this problem only with this game. I can run all games like Sauerbraten with nvidia card without any problem.
I was actually wondering what the result of those commands was?
This may not be correct and we don't have way to determine it since the windows console has gone (a bad idea btw). I believe that the game crashed just before start to render the map geometry, if it's the case probably some opengl extension is ruining the things (MultiDrawArrays).
You must try to set "ati_mda_bug" to 1 on the autoexec.cfg file and check if the game works after it.

ati_mda_bug 1
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+ , Graziano
(03 Aug 15, 04:05AM)Jpablon Wrote: This may not be correct and we don't have way to determine it since the windows console has gone (a bad idea btw). I believe that the game crashed just before start to render the map geometry, if it's the case probably some opengl extension is ruining the things (MultiDrawArrays).
You must try to set "ati_mda_bug" to 1 on the autoexec.cfg file and check if the game works after it.

ati_mda_bug 1
Maybe you are right. The game crash before start to render the map
I tried that code and the game still crashing.
AC from "next" branch ( https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/next ) has implemented logging to a file: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/commit/fabfb73 . Maybe try it and show us the output saved in clientlog.txt .

Now you can compile AC only in Code::Blocks: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7917-post...#pid157834
Maybe not related at all but everyone I know with Optimus complained about it. This kind of driver has a lot of known issues, maybe your issue is from here. Also, is there any way you use GeForce instead of Optimus?
Hi,

I recently bought a new gaming laptop which has the nvidia optimus driver.

At first, i spent days trying to figure out what my fps was extremely low on AC. I figured out that AC would use the integrated graphics card, rather than my nvidia gtx 970m. Apparently, this is because AC is such a low end game, and does not need the nvidia graphics card to run AC.

In order to fix the problem, go to your graphics settings, and crank up the details to "Insane". I am pretty sure you fps will boost up, because then your AC will run on your graphics card. This worked for me, you can try it.

To check what program utilized your nvidia gpu: There is a tray icon you can enable in the Nvidia Control Panel that shows when a application is using your discrete GPU. In the Nvidia CP, goto Desktop -> Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area.

Cheers,
Mise
Im having same problem with my nvidia geforce 840. It doesnt matter so much, because I can still run ac about 200 fps with my inter gpu.

Setting graphics insaine didnt work for me. I have tried to change my default driver for assaultcube.bat to nvidia in nvidia control panel, but it hasnt worked either.

However I was able to run this game with my nvidia driver by right click ac icon--> use graphic driver --> nvidia. Only problem was that my fps was stuck in 60 fps when my /maxfps was 200. When I tried /vsynch 0, it went stuck to about 100 fps so problem was still there. Solutions?
Nemo it looks like there is a forced vsync in your drivers' settings.
Is there any way to turn it off?
Check the nvidia device manager
run windows disk cleaner
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-clean...ty-windows

it can help you with old drivers etc, you must choose "clean system files" and clean windows update etc.
(05 Aug 15, 09:28PM)HoeHunter Wrote: Check the nvidia device manager

This. Right clic on your desktop > Nvidia panel > 3D settings > select AssaultCube and in the settings below, find the Vertical Synchronisation and turn it off > save.
Ok i updated my driver and I was able to set assaultube to launch by default with nvidia card. The 100 fps problem is still there. However when I change in ac settings graphic quality for example to high, Im able to get about 230 fps. Still when I restart ac I have still the same 100 fps problem and I have to change my graphic quality again to some other quality to get over 100 fps ... highly annoying

Yes I turned vsync off, no effect.
I solved it.
Change the compatibility of ac_client to windows 8 or windows 7.
Then you can run this game with nvidia on windows 10 :)

http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/18/74/53/29/tda10.jpg