Question about blacklist reports
I wondered if you could give feedback about which reported players are actually banned and which are not. Additionally I would like to know why you don't use the "heavy ban" immediately. By "heavy ban" I mean the master server ban which also refuses connections to all servers, so you can not bypass it by using "/showmenu server" to browse servers.
Thanks given by:
Each server owner can blacklist players on the blacklist reports thread at their discretion. Some server owners, like forever, for example release their blacklists publicly so you can see who is blacklisted and the reason for the blacklist
Thanks given by:
Fair question. It is gonna change since the next version will introduce I hope an account system. Devs might have a better control on hackers.

Currently the ban system is a complete mess. Every server owner own a blacklist file related to their own server and they choose to add or not player's IP into it. People report hackers and other kind of bad behaviour here in the blacklist forum as you can see the ridiculous threads composed of thousands posts.

To answer your question, I don't know how the masterserver blacklist works and who is added into it and who inst. I would say confirmed hackers are msban 3 months and persistent hacker msban for life but it's a good question and I'm interested in the answer too. Who add them, how frequently, based on what reports?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Halte
People report hackers and other kind of bad behaviour here in the blacklist forum as you can see the ridiculous threads composed of thousands posts.

Next time don't insult that kind of threads becuase they help more than you in this kind of things, so save your feelings.
Thanks given by:
Ridiculous isnt an insult and Im sorry but 68 pages for a blacklist thread composed of hundreds posts of hackers and abusers is a ridiculous amount of pages for a game like AC. Hacking reports are made everydays. Something is obviously wrong dont you think?

Im pointing out how useless it is. There is no obligation for server owner to use these threads. Blacklist IP never prevented people from changing it. Even worst, it prevents inocent people to play the game because of massive range bans. That system is a complete mess and this is why the next version will include something that will change the game a lot : An account system.

/end of the story, we are changing (I hope) for a better system.
Thanks given by:
Stef is the one in charge of coding an account system. From what I've heard he's still working on it, but more for the sake of whether it actually works or not and not so much for ac. He said he quit but he's still pushing commits so he's probably ashamed or thinks that I should be. Ask him.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
edit
Thanks given by: