I was banned from a server for camping
I apologize for having to make a thread. I tried to send a private message to "jamz", but their box is full and no more messages could be sent, so I decided to post it. I apologize if this is the wrong place for me to post this. If so, please remove to the right location.

So, I was playing in a CTF match on desert3. I had just gotten in the server and some players were complaining about my killing tactics. I was on red team, in base, standing on the high platforms and was killing the opposing team through the bars. One of the players "U|ana:D" made a vote to have me kicked, and it worked. I reconnected.

This was a [PSY] server and there were at least 3 members in there at the time. One of them gave "admin status" to U|ana:D and she banned me from the server for camping.

My thing is, I didn't even know camping was against the rules... since it's a gaming strategy. Plus, they didn't give me any warning prior to me being banned.

I was playing under my new pseudonym "Shano".

I don't think this was fair and if someone could help me be unban from the server, I really would appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
This kind of ban only last 20 mins, don't worry
Thanks given by:
First of all, Jamz isn't around anymore afaik. Also, you will (usually) be unbanned after 20 minutes or so.

Camping isn't against the rules, but it's boring to play against campers.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
FUCKING CAMPERS!
Thanks given by:
Well, you were camping because I was in the server specting, and other thing. Each server owner can choose allow or not allow camper, as long as they kicked/banned you, they don't allow it. So go to servers where the servers owners allow it. Next time, try don't camp and learn to play.

PD: Don't tell that you were playing tactical because you just were camping, gg & gj
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 15, 10:08PM)quico Wrote: Each server owner can choose allow or not allow camper, as long as they kicked/banned you, they don't allow it.

It's admin abuse if they don't warn him prior to admin-banning him, though. Also there's really no need to insult someone based on the way they play on a pub lol
Thanks given by:
Camping (sitting on the same spot all the time) is for noobs, and campers are basicaly free kills. why would someone kick a free kill on a pub?

But waiting for the ennemy with a good position is smarter. Why would you rush someone when you know he is coming and you can have the surprise effect on your side?

In both case the ban is an injustified abuse. We cant let server owners dictate their rules even if they pay for their servers. I paid for several AC servers (still is) and I think there should be some control. Perros did a great job blacklisting half of the AC playerbase, most of them for no real reason. You cant force someone to move or not. He can play as he fucking want. It makes you rage? Poor little you, maybe you should try to deal with it, you could improve.
Thanks given by:
At least you now know a server not to play in.
Thanks given by:
Whats a server? Is that that space-time vortex that warps you to another world where you meet cool people and frag em?
Thanks given by:
This was defenirly admin abuse. Camping is just one of the million tactics people use ingame. If people enjoy camping its all fine, isn't it. Let's say I won't allow rushers on the servers its nonsens as well.

Idk who banned but there was no reason to
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 10:03AM)-Subjective Wrote: This was defenirly admin abuse. Camping is just one of the million tactics people use ingame. If people enjoy camping its all fine, isn't it. Let's say I won't allow rushers on the servers its nonsens as well.

Your server, your rules. You don't get to dictate what other people allow or disallow on their servers.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Kysto
One of the players "U|ana:D" made a vote to have me kicked, and it worked. I reconnected.
So vanquish, I don't think it's admin abuse because a player voted a normal kick for warning him because of his camping situation.

(07 Jul 15, 10:09AM)Mousikos Wrote:
(07 Jul 15, 10:03AM)-Subjective Wrote: This was defenirly admin abuse. Camping is just one of the million tactics people use ingame. If people enjoy camping its all fine, isn't it. Let's say I won't allow rushers on the servers its nonsens as well.

Your server, your rules. You don't get to dictate what other people allow or disallow on their servers.
I'm agree with Mousikos, each server owner can decide allow or not allow campers.
Thanks given by:
Is this the U|ana:D that use(d) servers as a chatroom?
Thanks given by:
"Plus, they didn't give me any warning prior to me being banned.
"

ADMIN ABUSE
ITS CLEAR
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 01:04PM)1Cap Wrote: "Plus, they didn't give me any warning prior to me being banned.
"

ADMIN ABUSE
ITS CLEAR

Oh irony!
Thanks given by: Marti
(07 Jul 15, 10:09AM)Mousikos Wrote:

Actually it is true that its their servers and rules but you shouldn't just "kick or "ban" a person without giving a warning. Since he said he didnt know if camping was allowed, the best and most mature thing for an admin to do was either tell him to stop or warn him that he was going to get kicked if he didnt stop. Anyways it shouldn't really matter, its not some important acwc match or something. Just a pub and no need to ban people over camping :)
Thanks given by: Graziano
(07 Jul 15, 01:04PM)1Cap Wrote: "Plus, they didn't give me any warning prior to me being banned.
"

ADMIN ABUSE
ITS CLEAR

CALM DOWN
Thanks given by:
Don't standardize AC server administration. Servers with specific rules give feedback what the AC players prefer. The players of this server probably prefer "no camping" rule. So don't camp there and don't cry here. The important is this isn't AC standard as Clown's blacklist in the past. You can find many other servers without this rule.

Quote:In both case the ban is an injustified abuse. We cant let server owners dictate their rules even if they pay for their servers. I paid for several AC servers (still is) and I think there should be some control. Perros did a great job blacklisting half of the AC playerbase, most of them for no real reason.

You cannot judge it, the server owner can judge it from logs, demos etc. Would you like to be forced by "community" to unban me if I would spread shit about you ?
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 01:54PM)Friteq Wrote:
"

ADMIN ABUSE
ITS CLEAR

Oh irony!

this ^

also, big deal, its a 20min ban
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 08:54PM)Marti Wrote: also, big deal, its a 20min ban

dont support impersonators just because they piss of those you dislike. then 1cap will not have to take measures
Thanks given by:
Quote:You cannot judge it, the server owner can judge it from logs, demos etc.
You clearly dont know who is perros and how he ban people.
I can judge it when Im getting banned because one of my clan member accidentaly tk perros (without saying sorry) and Im being banned like him because I ask why. I dont need your server logs since I was there. I also can browse his serverblacklist with the bl reason he picked sooo yeah...

And to answer your question I dont use any blacklist on my server so I wouldnt have to remove you.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 15, 09:05PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(07 Jul 15, 08:54PM)Marti Wrote: also, big deal, its a 20min ban

dont support impersonators just because they piss of those you dislike. then 1cap will not have to take measures

idk why you quote me here, seems rather irrelevant
Thanks given by:
Well... This thread does not need to continue, as this incessant repetition of quibbling must come to an end.

It stands to reason that rules specific to a server need to be clearly labeled, and an opportunity to correct the situation should be given.

If an admin cannot have the patience and reason to maintain this level of rapport with players while in the server, then there is a need to revisit their need for the privilege.

However, that is not to condone making a steaming hot pile in the forum to rectify the situation.
People make mistakes - learn from them!

So let's all take a moment to think about the real reason we are here and how we react to players in the servers...
After all, without the players, what is the need for admins anyway?
Thanks given by: Graziano