Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACWC Stats
http://acwcstats.tk/

I'll be keeping track of stats in ACWC through this Google Doc (which is a pain in the ass for me to use, but I think it's the best option in this circumstance).

Contact me here or in IRC if you have any feedback or suggestions.

It's not completely finished yet, but I'll be done in the next few days. Stuff I'm working on is in the to-do list on the title page.
Thanks given by:
+1 for the quote at the bottom. If there was more time I'd suggest something like what w00p.ac has, where you can view stats for each game, but it's a bit too late, and would limit people to certain "official" ACWC servers.
Thanks given by:
The scoreboard tab will keep record of every match.
Thanks given by:
I wish there was a way of doing it without using google docs. Still, it's a great idea.
Thanks given by:
There are many ways of doing it without using Google Docs, but I'm no website designer.
Thanks given by:
Something that parses the demos and produces stats would be better.
Something that broadcast in game data on the fly would be even better.
Thanks given by:
Well if you could have a log parser reading the log produced by a server on the fly, that could be ok. The only problem would be that the only parser that I have access to would read whole server logs, and wouldn't be able to differentiate between games. If you wanted it, ask f0r3v3r, he did the bulk of the work, maybe someone could try and design a front end webpage to it. We've got two weeks, which isn't much time, but one big effort could get us over the line. I can try and take another look at the logparser to see if I can maybe set a feature up where it writes out and then clears all the stats when it sees the end of a game.

EDIT: This might take a bit of time, I need to get my private key for the server off of a hard drive sitting in a computer in the cupboard.
Thanks given by:
Nice job!
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 15, 10:54AM)Padfoot Wrote: Well if you could have a log parser reading the log produced by a server on the fly, that could be ok. The only problem would be that the only parser that I have access to would read whole server logs, and wouldn't be able to differentiate between games. If you wanted it, ask f0r3v3r, he did the bulk of the work, maybe someone could try and design a front end webpage to it. We've got two weeks, which isn't much time, but one big effort could get us over the line. I can try and take another look at the logparser to see if I can maybe set a feature up where it writes out and then clears all the stats when it sees the end of a game.

EDIT: This might take a bit of time, I need to get my private key for the server off of a hard drive sitting in a computer in the cupboard.

woop.ac does it very well (records and live games)
but producing more evolved stats require demos.
i dont think the organizators would be willing to cooperate in order to make the needed game server changes to broadcast in game data, but if they provided the demos, stats could be produced after the games.
Thanks given by:
They wouldn't really need to make changes, the log parser f0r3v3r mash and I wrote works of the log file that a server generates automatically.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 15, 11:01AM)quico Wrote: Nice job!

Thanks quico. c:
Thanks given by:
Ok, this is significantly more complicated than it needs to be. I'm so sorry to whoever wrote those sections, but I'm removing large chunks of your code.
Thanks given by:
@Lucas, I can't put in the time until 7/4 to mess with clients/servers. It's not that I'm not willing to cooperate, I simply can't put in the time right now.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 15, 11:32AM)Padfoot Wrote: Ok, this is significantly more complicated than it needs to be. I'm so sorry to whoever wrote those sections, but I'm removing large chunks of your code.

mmh who are you talking to ?
but yes i've wrote several ladders in the past based on logs, and its kind of limited and not ideal for real time monitoring.

If its all about making stats - its too late to set up a broadcast system now, not because of the code - we have it already - but because of the infrastructure.
The most feasible automatized system atm would be:
- parse logs or demos offline and produce stats from the data they contain
- for live broadcasts, use the server ping feature, but the amount of data to be retrieved is limited : http://reho.st/self/0bbae8c7762a26940ecd...be26c7.jpg

(21 Jun 15, 11:35AM)Mousikos Wrote: @Lucas, I can't put in the time until 7/4 to mess with clients/servers. It's not that I'm not willing to cooperate, I simply can't put in the time right now.

its way too late to mess with clients and probably servers as well anyway.
Thanks given by:
Well if you made it so that people competed using w00p's match client (imho a good idea anyway due to the features it has), maybe Lucas might be able to help you guys set up a stats site using the same thing w00p.ac does.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 15, 11:45AM)Padfoot Wrote: Well if you made it so that people competed using w00p's match client
We all know this isn't going to happen
Thanks given by:
Orynge I think what you have so far is really nice. You really dont need to change anything. Thanks for doing this, it really helps summarize everything :)
Thanks given by:
wow! this is so nice! gj :-D
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mise, EndGame. :)

Everything should be done now. I decided to get rid of map stats, because it's unlikely a map will be played twice.
Thanks given by:
Pizza is a girl, still, great job :=)
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 15, 01:40AM)hgf-arg Wrote: Pizza is a girl, still, great job :=)

Thanks and fixed. Apologies to Pizza. :P
Thanks given by:
gj !
Thanks given by:
it will demand a lot of work to be done, so if the people running acwc are to name best player and all the awards that every acwc had i recommend them to pick them up based on these stats.

i would say to someone give a grade to teamwork per match and that would count (together with the other stats) for picking up best player or other awards. just thoughts ^^

but gj and gl with all your work
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 08:38PM)kaz Wrote: it will demand a lot of work to be done, so if the people running acwc are to name best player and all the awards that every acwc had i recommend them to pick them up based on these stats.

i would say to someone give a grade to teamwork per match and that would count (together with the other stats) for picking up best player or other awards. just thoughts ^^

idk, some teams are tougher than others, so if you get e.g. 60 kills vs UK is more impressive than 60 frags vs some low seeded team. I think we will surely look at the stats, but not give out awards purely based on these stats. also you cant give the clutch award with going by these stats :D
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 09:09PM)Marti Wrote: idk, some teams are tougher than others, so if you get e.g. 60 kills vs UK is more impressive than 60 frags vs some low seeded team. I think we will surely look at the stats, but not give out awards purely based on these stats.

Yep, that's why I put the quote on the front the page. While raw stats can always give an indication of how each player does, it will never tell the full story. All I can do is the best at what I have been given. Hence Real Flag Ratio, which should give a better result than Actual Flag Ratio.

And thank you, Rabaum, Kaz.
Thanks given by:
Wait, what's the difference between Real Flag Ratio and Actual Flag Ratio?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 15, 12:45PM)Padfoot Wrote: Wait, what's the difference between Real Flag Ratio and Actual Flag Ratio?

probably the flags that you actually stole in the enemy base and scored, and the flags that you also scored from one of your teammates dying in base with the flag i.e.
Thanks given by:
Should choose different titles to make them less confusing, like Real Flag Ratio and Nominal Flag Ratio
Thanks given by:
Okay, so actual flag ratio is flags scored divided by flags, which is normally tracked. Real flag ratio is the average of all the ratios of each. Meaning that high-scoring maps don't massively affect a team's flag ratio.
Thanks given by:
calculate the average distance run carrying the flag divided by the flag-to-flag distance
Thanks given by: