what is a mid skill? a comprehensive guide
Wait sorry, does g1ganoob still think he's got skillz?
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 02:38PM)Waffles Wrote: Wait sorry, does g1ganoob still think he's got skillz?

i had ups and sudden downs in my career and if everything went perfectly i should have been better than you by now

i was improving steadily but somehow my equipment got increasingly worse. at first i lost my steelseries mousepad, which destroyed a 15% improvement that I accumulated over a span of 2 months. that was like 6 months ago, two months after coming back to ac. i had to resort to using an anime-styled hard mousepad that f*cked my aiming up so much that I had to increase my already high sensitivity by a few notches. but i lost that mousepad too, almost destroying a 35% improvement that I accumulated over a span of 4 months. back at square one. two months later, I have already accumulated a 15% improvement. and I haven't even started undergoing my superhuman training routine yet... I just played inters and a few cms, and if my ping is too high I ragequit and play with bots. i play with a SHIRT MOUSEPAD. u mad???

u might think that my ping that goes from 400 to 1000 is helpful to me but wat u dont know is that I have to deal with low pingers that play like a combination of rambo and cypher on meth on a daily basis. they unload 15 bullets in 1 second, not ot mention that sub-zero from mortal kombat occasionally lends them a hand and freezes me, aka PJ. and i play at 30 fps. need i say more???

[Image: UIMxwdW.png]

I played with 370-500 ping in here, and pj that went up randomly in encounters. i played with shotgun. Ididthat is VANQUISH, who you consider to have better aim than you - he only had 7 more frags and i played WITH A WEAPON ASIDE FROM THE OVERPOWERED SMG. what is his excuse??? and he let that random player CR7 get almost as much kills as him???

i know u think ur the best but it only takes someone with talent to overthrow the throne in dis ded game

EDIT:

also vanquish look at how smooth the flickshot is, it's consistent with when he flails his crosshair around a bit before performing the flickshot.
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: Ididthat is VANQUISH

Hi, just wanted to say that's not me, "ididthat" has about double the usual ping I'd get to that server (not to mention I always try to avoid playing on aura servers anyway). If you have the demo, feel free to check the IP of that player and you'll see. As far as I can recall, I've never even seen you play a game (only seen you in spec), let alone played with you.

I've had some impersonators though, so I can understand the confusion.

EDIT: Also @ the flickshot I know, but the script kinda has that effect too. Here is an example of such a script, not saying he was using it, but I think it's a possibility.
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 07:07PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: Ididthat is VANQUISH

kk

alright that last part was a lie and you know it
Thanks given by:
i think its my brother since i saw him playing vs/with you today
<20:28:25> "yopa": ah, gigantuan thought I was vanquish
<20:28:27> "yopa": cute
<20:29:13> "yopa": everyone thinks I'm vanquish because of the confundindocom script

mystery solved
Thanks given by:
nah he doesnt frag that good, i played with cr7 a few tiems and i have had rikpik on my team in 3 inters and he always had less frags than me although we recently played an inter where i had 500 - 1000 ping and my pj was more terrible than usual. it was only 9 - 5 he kept on rushing but we could have won if i didnt lag not even lying

EDIT:

yopa is a nub
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 07:25PM)G1gantuan Wrote: yopa is a nub

[Image: cw1mGR4.jpg?1]
30-59 gg
Thanks given by:
lol haha i had something like 4 - 17 in the beginning cuz of 500 ping and 200 - 400 pj so even crash managed to get more frags than me, at that time he had like 15 frags. then i stopped lagging and i managed to outfrag him still, so if my ping was at least more stable then i would have had 10 more frags wow. i can literally beat shit in u wid shotgun if i didnt lage
Thanks given by:
Kills don't show if you did well in a game. Everyone is taking a side if you're better than your enemy you'll have a high amount of kills. Yopa probably played vs crash and CR7 vs Ketar
In your SS you can see that yopa got 990 score witch mean he carried your team.
So you have 7 kills less than yopa but don' t grow your dick, you're not good
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: i play with a SHIRT MOUSEPAD. u mad???

i play with a mouse that has the scroll wheel replaced with a water bottle cap and my mouse pad is a used cumsock that has been opened and flattened out
Thanks given by: Orynge
I use iron instead of mouse.
Thanks given by:
obiusly the best formation in that game would have been me in mid and ketar in right who was against feddy and yopub in left against CR7 and of course they occasionally switched sides so i tried to do more defending then ketar since i had the shotgun oh and i killed the flagger the most times which was usually CR7 and feddy with lag of course kk

u dont know wat carrying a team means so dont stroke ur intellectual penis ur english is not gud and u think carbine is the most OP weapon??? nuf said

(22 May 15, 12:27AM)Cemer Wrote:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: i play with a SHIRT MOUSEPAD. u mad???

i play with a mouse that has the scroll wheel replaced with a water bottle cap and my mouse pad is a used cumsock that has been opened and flattened out

k
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 12:39AM)G1gantuan Wrote: u dont know wat carrying a team means so dont stroke ur intellectual penis ur english is not gud and u think carbine is the most OP weapon???

Do you even know who he is lol
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 07:11AM)Million Wrote:
(22 May 15, 12:39AM)G1gantuan Wrote: u dont know wat carrying a team means so dont stroke ur intellectual penis ur english is not gud and u think carbine is the most OP weapon???

Lmao this guy is an obvious troll pls million y u fall for it
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 09:18AM)Marti Wrote:
(22 May 15, 07:11AM)Million Wrote:
Lmao this guy is an obvious troll pls million y u fall for it

yes i know who he is he is that n00b from w00p who "played" as a sub for FRA kk. he thinks carbine is the most overpowered weapon in dis game even though sniper is pretty much the same but better and i can find the same post again in the forums

i am not a troll i only make points that actually have some shred of truth to dem but every single word in my reply against waffles is true. he is a nub also he likes to pick on competitive players from third world countries i saw him aliased once and he was picking on BRC because he mad that they got beat by them in a tournament years ago kk
Thanks given by:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: i was improving steadily but somehow my equipment got increasingly worse. at first i lost my steelseries mousepad,

steelseries make terrible mousepads, no loss there :D The QcK really is the most overrated mousepad of all time, using one is like dragging your mouse over sandpaper. Get an allsop xl or artisan shiden/shiden-kai if you can. Icemats are also nice (I was using one for a while) in terms of tracking, but they're a real bugger to clean, and they wore out my mousefeet on my g400, had to replace them with hyperglides after about a month of usage. :(
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 11:04AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(21 May 15, 06:17PM)G1gantuan Wrote: i was improving steadily but somehow my equipment got increasingly worse. at first i lost my steelseries mousepad,
kk

ye i know about the artisan mousepads but the QCK still felt better than this shirt i'm using as a mousepad for now, even that anime hard mousepad was better
Thanks given by:
yeah I guess. I'm testing out the Allsop XL now and i'm really surprised with the glide quality for the price (was cheaper than my qck) - however I'm not sure if I prefer it to my shidenkai. When I get a replacement g400 (mine broke, again qq) I also wanna try a Hien since they're in stock on amazon's UK store atm and see how that compares.

surely there's something you could use that's better than a shirt? x)
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 11:04AM)Vanquish Wrote:

steelseries make terrible mousepads, no loss there :D The QcK really is the most overrated mousepad of all time, using one is like dragging your mouse over sandpaper. Get an allsop xl or artisan shiden/shiden-kai if you can. Icemats are also nice (I was using one for a while) in terms of tracking, but they're a real bugger to clean, and they wore out my mousefeet on my g400, had to replace them with hyperglides after about a month of usage. :(

Meh,I have been using qck for a while now they seem quite alright..
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 05:07PM)Flames Wrote: Meh,I have been using qck for a while now they seem quite alright..

Well, settings, hardware, whatever, it's all personal preference. I didn't like that I was able to make almost every mouse I owned malfunction on the QcK (tried the QcK+, QcK Mini, QcK Mass and QcK+ fnatic). Based on my experience, I think it could even be the worst mousepad I've ever tried in terms of malfunction speeds, and the durability is pretty bad - the ends of the mousepad start to fray after a while which sucks.

As for glide, that's totally personal preference. Imo, the QcK Mass and Fnatic editions were better than the regular QcK/QcK+ since they felt smoother and had a lot less static friction, which is obviously better for higher sensitivities (mine's mid-ish). If you like the feel of the QcK I would be willing to bet that you'd prefer an Artisan Zero Xsoft or a Zowie G-TF Speed if you tried them, since they have less static friction but a similar kind of speed in terms of glide.

But ofc it's just personal preference, and it's certainly possible to play well with a QcK. In AC you could probably get away with no mousepad if you were good enough.
Still, I can't help but feel that many people who think QcK's are good are just saying that because they're used to it and haven't tried anything better.
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 11:38AM)Vanquish Wrote: yeah I guess. I'm testing out the Allsop XL now and i'm really surprised with the glide quality for the price (was cheaper than my qck) - however I'm not sure if I prefer it to my shidenkai. When I get a replacement g400 (mine broke, again qq) I also wanna try a Hien since they're in stock on amazon's UK store atm and see how that compares.

surely there's something you could use that's better than a shirt? x)

How much do you spend on mousepads? Right now I'm just using a roughly 1.5'x2' gaming mat used for MTG
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 07:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: How much do you spend on mousepads?

you should see how much he spends on mice lol
Thanks given by:
just a reminder to the mid skills who want to be high skill - u don't need to have mouse OCD like vanquish to be good.

i wonder how he keeps breaking his mice? mine last 2 years at least on average
Thanks given by:
Okay, how do I get to mid skill? I am bottom of bottom tier XD
Thanks given by:
(22 May 15, 06:04PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(22 May 15, 05:07PM)Flames Wrote: Meh,I have been using qck for a while now they seem quite alright..

Well, settings, hardware, whatever, it's all personal preference. I didn't like that I was able to make almost every mouse I owned malfunction on the QcK (tried the QcK+, QcK Mini, QcK Mass and QcK+ fnatic). Based on my experience, I think it could even be the worst mousepad I've ever tried in terms of malfunction speeds, and the durability is pretty bad - the ends of the mousepad start to fray after a while which sucks.

As for glide, that's totally personal preference. Imo, the QcK Mass and Fnatic editions were better than the regular QcK/QcK+ since they felt smoother and had a lot less static friction, which is obviously better for higher sensitivities (mine's mid-ish).  If you like the feel of the QcK I would be willing to bet that you'd prefer an Artisan Zero Xsoft or a Zowie G-TF Speed if you tried them, since they have less static friction but a similar kind of speed in terms of glide.

But ofc it's just personal preference, and it's certainly possible to play well with a QcK. In AC you could probably get away with no mousepad if you were good enough.
Still, I can't help but feel that many people who think QcK's are good are just saying that because they're used to it and haven't tried anything better.
Well my options are limited to steel series, Razer, Logitech, cooler master and mad catz, I couldn't find artisan and I could only find a zowie gt-f rough edition which costs about $40. A bit too expensive imo. You're right though i haven't tried mouse pads other than the qck's.
My Qck mini is almost worn out and my g400s desperately needs a new mousepad asap.
Thanks given by:
(23 May 15, 05:14AM)Flames Wrote: Well my options are limited to steel series, Razer, Logitech, cooler master and mad catz, I couldn't find artisan and I could only find a zowie gt-f rough edition which costs about $40. A bit too expensive imo. You're right though i haven't tried mouse pads other than the qck's.
My Qck mini is almost worn out and my g400s desperately needs a new mousepad asap.

Yeah, that is pretty expensive for a zowie pad, probably not worth it. Out of all the options you've listed, I would probably go for the Goliathus Speed (preferably the 'Fragged' edition if that's still even sold anywhere, but if not the newer model will be fine) simply because it's a slightly faster QcK, doesn't have as much static friction but the glide is still similar so you'll probably adjust quite quickly to it, and it's more durable in terms of the performance you get over time. And finally the edges are stitched which means the mousepad won't have frayed ends, which is always a plus. 

I'm sorry but I'm leaving to go to austria in like 1 hour, so I can't recommend any more stuff for a week or so. I'm sure plenty of people around here know what they're talking about though, failing that you could always register on a website like esreality and ask - for all the trolls that hang around that website, there's an equal number of mouse/mousepad/etc experts.

(23 May 15, 04:24AM)Undead Wrote: just a reminder to the mid skills who want to be high skill - u don't need to have mouse OCD like vanquish to be good.

i wonder how he keeps breaking his mice? mine last 2 years at least on average
completely true - Harrek has pwned us all using a Microsoft basic comfort mouse and no mousepad for years. Having good equipment is an advantage, but imo it's not needed - all I'd say is that it's easier to adapt to better equipment than worse equipment.
I've only broken my two g400's - the first time, the mouse broke by itself (it's actually a known issue with the rev1 model with the avago 3080e sensor). Then I bought the newer model, the g400s, and I was using that for around a year until last week. That broke because I was an idiot and left the mouse cable underneath my computer case and it got crushed, and randomly started to disconnect and reconnect while I was playing. I've had my deathadder for almost 3 years and it still "works fine", maybe because I haven't been using it though :P
Thanks given by:
(23 May 15, 04:24AM)Undead Wrote: completely true - Harrek has pwned us all using a Microsoft basic comfort mouse and no mousepad for years.

nah thats just smg kkkkk
Thanks given by:
it's not often that you see a "high-skill" who plays in truly undesirable circumstances, and the very definition of that term can vary in different contexts. The skill-sets in FPS are not as majestic as they seem in comparison to  other profound endeavors, but more often than not, there's an indubitable relation and that's why you see individuals with mental capabilities worthy of being mentioned between fighter pilots.

I think I met Bull3t from oNe seven months ago. Aside from playing a few pub games, there was this one anon who I somehow started a fight with and Bull3t wanted in on the action so he said something passively provocative, and that somehow led to us having a 1v1. I was lagging to death in 500 ping and a few PJ spikes so the score was 27 - 41 even though I had the lead in the beginning. The server wasn't closed so some other anon came in near the end of the fight. I don't think he said anything but eventually I started a conversation with Bull3t in the map Douze about my so-called hax, and it was something quite basic but essential. I remember asking him if he knew what Mouse Acceleration was, and he implied that he knew neither the one in the Assaultcube settings nor the one set by default in the technical fuckery of Windows. I taught him how to partially remove it and I referred him to the known registry fix. He loved the new, consistent feeling.

You can either be high-skill by competitive standards or high-skill by your own personal judgement. One is a different world compared to the other, and my point simply is that technical fuckery can take place quite severely in the minds of aspiring gamers everywhere.

For the average Joe it should take at least a decade of a smartly-planned and executed dedication to self-improvement for him to reach the current high-skill standards under my circumstances which I won't reveal further details of, but there's quite a bit of speculation in my part, not to mention the assumption of such a beneficial 24/7 environment. I heard Harrek plays in 250 fps so kk and I would throw this shirt mousepad away for a wooden desk with some smooth tape over it.

It's easier to adapt to better equipment, but it also becomes easier to overcome the usual obstacles that come with the development of an FPS player in the mid stages. Someone with 30 FPS and basic equipment with no knowledge of technical jargon will not know that fundamentally he's being held back by Windows itself, thanks to so-called "pointer precision". Someone who plays with 125 FPS with the right equipment and with the right technical accuracy has a quadrupled potential in comparison. I want a 125 Hz CRT monitor not this shetty laptop wid kk specs
Thanks given by:

Basically everyone in this thread right now
Thanks given by:
How come you are not the #1 player in ac yet g1ga? You seem to think you know enough about ac to be pro :)

Played with a shitty default mouse that came with my pc for years, and also without mousepad. I only noticed a slight increase in skill when i had to buy a new mouse because mine broke. You either have the magic within you or you dont. Dont blame it on not having the right equipment
Thanks given by: