Remove acka servers
(07 May 15, 03:29PM)1Cap Wrote: its not a public poll, so i dont have any reason to vote nor validate.

That is exactly how I feel about the typical democratic voting system! Now I can put it to words when my friends ask me why I don't vote!
Thanks given by:
Perros was in favor of the brazilian ban when I was in Bob btw 1cap. it didn't happen then because there weren't as many infringements from that country on their terms of use. Later Perros no longer was associated with BoB because of some disagreement un-related to the brazilian ban situation. Just shedding some light on the situation.

I will abstain from voting due to mixed feelings. Perros is a cuntrod for sure to those who do not neatly align with him. However, the free-market should decide this and not a bunch of pissed-off forum users.
Thanks given by:
F1F1
Thanks given by:
I am Brazilian and I was in BoB with Theo and have passed one or two Brazilians before us there. I think the Brazilian ban was not something of hatred by our nationality, but the majority of cheaters were Brazilian. I had no problem with Slackie always talked or played with him, and he always was pleasant and fun with me.
Slackie has offered deban passwords for Brazilians who were not cheaters, and I really don't know why you guys care about what 1cap says, everything he is writing is  changing  segment of the topic.
Try to stay on topic, pls.
Thanks given by:
(08 May 15, 11:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: People are always complaining about lack of democracy, particularly in stef's warning points run with everyone.
no, people are just complaining about bad decisions being made.

(08 May 15, 11:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Not many of you agree with his method of "taking out the trash" but he stands up for himself. And look, everyone freaks out every time he so much as does anything.
really? i don't see anyone complaining with his (good) changes to the mapping system. people only freak out when he starts talking about things he has no idea about, like the competitive aspect of AC, among others.

(08 May 15, 11:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: That seems to be something I want to avoid but this thread will set a precedent for myself in the future when something like this arises again. If shit's going to go down, I want to make sure most of the people around here agree with the decision.
so there we have it; whats most important is whether the decision is popular, not whether its correct i.e. mob rule.

(08 May 15, 11:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: This will be one of the very few "Democratic" options around when it comes to removing servers because I won't do this again.
no, there is a very, very distinct difference between mob rule and democracy. you could make the argument that you're holding a referendum of sorts, but setting the necessary "yes" vote to 75% invalidates that argument.

(08 May 15, 05:25PM)1Cap Wrote: Of course is it, we all know...
Decisions taken in an emotional way. There is no analysis of numbers. A totally misplaced poll. 75%? Why not 50% +1? Why not 100%? or 80%?
1Cap is on point for once.

(08 May 15, 11:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: It takes a lot of time and if I have support, then doing this will become easier.
hello

(09 May 15, 01:35AM)Lozi* Wrote: ....
don't make an inflammatory post like that and then demand people stay on topic lol
Thanks given by:
Quote:However, the free-market should decide this and not a bunch of pissed-off forum users.

I understand what you mean and I used to strongly believe that:

- We vote with our feet
- The server is sovereign

But now I'm losing faith in this. I admire the principle, but in practice it actually seems like it doesn't work. We can say "just don't use the server you don't like", but there are many people who either don't care or haven't had any of these problems with these servers, and so they continue to use them. So as I said before, this is a problem because often there is only like one good CTF going, and everyone went to [ESP] for some reason, and now our choices are to go play there and hope nothing goes wrong, or go play Towers TOSOK.

So as much as it grates on these principles of freedom I would tend to echo, I think now that we have to make a decision to benefit 1) those of us who do care about this, and 2) the image of AssaultCube in general. That is, if unarmeds come and get mistreated in ESP servers, what does this say to them? It doesn't make them feel welcome or think that AC is a place where they will find any professionalism.

And I guess the people who played on ESP will just go to another server if ESP is removed. I get the impression that there is hate and indifference here, but no positive love of these servers, so I don't know who will really be put off by this except Perros.

Of course, I don't really have any personal problems with Perros, even though I have run into many problems with his servers, and I think the best possible outcome of this would be that Perros opens better communication with the users -- and no, I don't believe that replying only to forum e-mail (who even does this, and how is one supposed to know that's expected??) is good communication -- and actually works on fixing the issues or at least tries to bring everyone to an understanding of why things are as they are, because right now it all seems to lack good reason.
Thanks given by:
tbh i don't really give a shit about this anymore.
i've avoided perros' servers ever since i was temp-banned for killing him.
Thanks given by:
@you should remove blacklists of these players
Why ? These blacklists are based on some action from you. Your ban is reaction. Each ban require work and possible stress, it is not for fun. You do it for some reason. action -> reaction

@you shouldn't use some forum email for support
There are planned some improvements in communication but the servers are for free, admins have life, there are some limitations where it is still hobby.

@aCKa servers aren't for "pros"
It isn't true. But many of them were banned for bad behaving like teabagging etc. You found it ridiculous. Trust me many people don't like it. You should have some codex at least.
Thanks given by:
>75%
please remove servers so this doesn't come up and ban perros from making new ones
Thanks given by:
(09 May 15, 05:36PM)Alien Wrote: @aCKa servers aren't for "pros"
It isn't true. But many of them were banned for bad behaving like teabagging etc. You found it ridiculous. Trust me many people don't like it. You should have some codex at least.
People are banned for teabagging?
... Well hopefully Perros have stopped 20min banning players who repeatedly kills him like he did before.
Thanks given by:
(09 May 15, 08:41PM)C4rma Wrote:

People are banned for teabagging?

Yes, teabag perros and you get blacklisted qq
Thanks given by:

Alien, you have the right to remain silent. But anything you say can and will be used against you...

Teabagging was actually a Perros specialty. If I was you I would plead the Fifth
Thanks given by:
(09 May 15, 08:41PM)C4rma Wrote:
Well hopefully Perros have stopped 20min banning players who repeatedly kills him like he did before.

Nope, that hasn't stopped. :D
Thanks given by:
I am not talking about MY teabaging, I am talking about teabaging followed with trash talk. You guys were visiting his server, provoking him and mainly messing people around. I still don't understand why. If I say "bitch", meaning depends on the situation.
Thanks given by:
(09 May 15, 09:46PM)Alien Wrote: You guys were visiting his server, provoking him and mainly messing people around.

pls read and tell me why my ban is legitimate then?
Thanks given by:
~78% yes, remove please :)
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 10:50PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: if the votes stay above 75% for the next oh say 2 or 3 days, I may end this early.

been 2 days breh :D
Thanks given by:
Perros is an acquired taste. Much like xanthum gum and pine tar. Can't lick one off the crevices of your hand without wishing the other was just as good.
Thanks given by:
If anyone is actually interested in or keeping track of who votes what, I voted F2. I do not have an admin pass on aCKa/ESP servers.
Thanks given by:
I don't understand why you want to remove acka servers
Thanks given by:
What happened to the poll?
Thanks given by:
We all know that several people have more than one user here.
There is not a public poll ... certainly the validity is totally questionable.
Remove a server in a simple way is a dangerous precedent.
Thanks given by:
(11 May 15, 12:24PM)1Cap Wrote: We all know that several people have more than one user here.
There is not a public poll ... certainly the validity is totally questionable.
Remove a server in a simple way is a dangerous precedent.

you might be right about the need to be public (and maybe a quorum would be correct too). At the same time in my land the majority is 50% + 1. 
I do not see why (considering all what has been said) a poll should be a dangerous precedent: what if it would be a good starting point?

On the same time I just wanted you to know that I did not know nothing about the brazilian ban: if I had knew it I would have certainly been be on your side. But once again as someone said, if an error has been done in the past, why should we repeat it?

and yeah, where is the poll?
Thanks given by: