Modify
Hello. I need help.

I would like to host a AC server but I figured a change.
I wish could add a file some IP's or IP's range. These IP's that I added I want it to have the ping increased by "X"%.
Trying to be clear. example:

Ip _____________ increased ping
xx.xx.x.xxx ______ 50%
yyy.yyy.y.yyy ____ 30%
etc.

It's possible? How?

Ty
Thanks given by:
You want to artificially increase ping?
Thanks given by:
Yes. Is it possible?
reasons:
I want to do this with cheaters, they will not know, will not be banned, but probably will not like to play on a server with a high ping.
I believe there are servers that already do this ... so I wonder if it's possible.
I have done tests in game and directly to the servers (out of game), and the results are very divergent.
Thanks given by:
._.
Thanks given by:
This might be a useful thing for a 2v2 match for example, where you can use it to make everyones ping about the same, for balancing reasons.
Thanks given by:
You guys are funny. Why would anyone want to increase latency?

No cheater will ever be bother by high pings, since he can easily compensate any possible disadvantage by his, you guessed it, cheats. In turn all other players will be pissed because of laggers. Btw, lag is the number one reason to excuse weird client behaviour. Just go and ban known cheats. Simple as that.

Increasing latency for everyone, will just make things worse for everyone.
Thanks given by:
Lol'd
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the opinion of all. My question remains.

It is possible? Already being done?

How to do?

@XRD

What happened to the server list in yesterday?
Thanks given by:
it is possible and has been done before although not in this application.
Thanks given by:
It does not work with brazilians. /s

This topic title, and this pink/left font, well done, seriously what is the reason to this 1Cap?
Thanks given by:
This is most certainly theoretically possible. You would either need to heavily modify the server source, or have some sort of specialized software running on the server machine. Perhaps you could have something similar to IP tables, but instead of blocking IPs, it would redirect them to a virtual network interface that intentionally induced a substantial delay before passing the packets on to the system. Though, I have no clue how well the AC server would handle multiple network connections, especially if one of them was as hacky as that one would have to be. Even then, you'd probably still need to modify the server source to send certain packets to certain IP addresses back out using this virtual delay device.

In all honesty, I feel that at best, this is probably a waste of your time, and at worst it's a bad idea.  That being said... if you really want to, go for it, I suppose.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 15, 06:33PM)1Cap Wrote:

How to do?

@XRD

I FOUND IT.
YOU TRIED TO HIDE YOUR TEXT FROM ME, BUT WITH PERSISTENCE I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE WONDERFUL HIDDEN PINK TEXT.
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 15, 08:04AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(09 Apr 15, 06:33PM)1Cap Wrote:

How to do?

@XRD

I FOUND IT.
YOU TRIED TO HIDE YOUR TEXT FROM ME, BUT WITH PERSISTENCE I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE WONDERFUL HIDDEN PINK TEXT.

This is it everyone. RR has finally cracked from the pressures of being in the dev team. We knew it was only a matter of time.
Thanks given by: