Repost
(30 Mar 15, 03:55PM)Andrez Wrote: I have never heard anyone saying "let's meet at 30 seconds, 12 minutes, and 15 hours", or just "at 12 minutes and 2 hours".

people say e.g. 12 past 2 though
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 15, 06:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Why is the day the most significant? Because it's what YOU want to know first. That's arbitrary.
No it's because days come first before months and years. It makes sense. 30 days, 12 months, 1 year. Days after days, months after months, years after years. Thats how time is calculated.

(30 Mar 15, 06:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Your argument is "please you look dumb. this isn't how TO use it",
I consider that a solid argument and I dont see how he is wrong. You guys aint like galilée. Remember who you are, europe didnt send its best scientist to america in the first place.
Thanks given by:
The U.S. Government adopted the Metric system as a legal standard nearly 150 years ago.
And around 140 years ago we were even one of the Nations that signed The Treaty of the Meter.

In legal trade, metric is the standard here.

But it's adherence is voluntary at the Private level, and that fact has subsequently enabled many people, and institutions, to continue to cling to the U.S. Customary System.

Here, most people learn the standards of both, and how they relate to one another, and what their most appropriate uses are.

Anyone using the International System of Units knows it is a better standard, especially when it comes to converting between different measurements.

If you are not smart enough to understand both, then don't...
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 15, 08:20PM)Halte Wrote:
(30 Mar 15, 06:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Why is the day the most significant? Because it's what YOU want to know first. That's arbitrary.
No it's because days come first before months and years. It makes sense. 30 days, 12 months, 1 year. Days after days, months after months, years after years. Thats how time is calculated.

(30 Mar 15, 06:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Your argument is "please you look dumb. this isn't how TO use it",
I consider that a solid argument and I dont see how he is wrong. You guys aint like galilée. Remember who you are, europe didnt send its best scientist to america in the first place.
Oh, finally someone fully understands my point of view. *heavy sigh of relief*
Thanks given by:
I'm suprised noone has touched on this yet.  I admit, it's possible that maybe it's just a regional thing, but... I've never before seen *anyone* use 'Yards in a mile'. Ever. To the point where when I saw 1760 yards in a mile, I was like "What, really?". 
It's always 'Feet in a mile'. 5280
Yards are mostly only used in Football (not Futebol, American Football), and when people want to approximate meters but are okay with it being slightly off. And maybe some other sports, I guess.

If you're going to mock us for being stuck in the past, at least get it right ;)
Thanks given by:
So to summarize the thread.

- Metric system takes 0.5 seconds to convert one thing to another.
- Imperial system takes 0.6 seconds to convert one thing to another.
- The average person very rarely has the need to convert from one(inches) to another(feet).
- Imperial system stimulates the brain, keeping the mind sharp and improving focus, leading to far less accidents on construction sites and such compared to the opposition.

*drops mic*
Thanks given by:
MC Nightmare on the mic, no one that can dislike.
Spittin bars like fire, making people like Andrez transpire.
Metric or Imperial, he doesn't care. The use of both seems fair.
Summarizing this thread like a boss, if you don't like it that's your loss.
I rate his posts, 8/8.
He's a genius with words, I often hear people saying 'ohh, that hurts'.
Quality posts like this, no I ain't taking the piss.
If you don't admire his skill, you should take a chill pill.
This rap is now closing in on its end, I hope you all understand.
Bringing life to this forum out of boredom.
Tl;dr ain't nobody got time for that. I'll bring out my shotgun, splat.
My post is ending now, I hope the mods will allow.
Peace out to all you bitches, for all the shotwounds I brought you some stitches!
U wot? This post was HOT!
Thanks given by:
England was reluctant to accept the metric system because it was a product of the French Revolution. They then continued with the old system, as opposed to France.

As the USA was a British colony, the system remained non-metric, which in use and tradition, continues today.

However, some American thinkers and English are now trying to switch to the metric system, because the confusion between the two systems generates much controversy, especially in the scientific environment.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 15, 01:05PM)Nightmare Wrote: - Imperial system stimulates the blasphemy, making us wasting more time, because using random retard values for things that would need a simpler 0 - to - 10 scaling is fancy.

*takes pill*

Corrected for you, np mate
Thanks given by:
I like 5k runs opposed to 5 mile runs. I also like Sq. Footage, dividing by 9, and getiing Sq. Yardage.
Thanks given by:
The metric system is just wayyyy better.

Thanks given by: