Unreal
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free

DEVELOP IN THE UNREAL ECOSYSTEM

Beyond the tools and source, Unreal Engine 4 provides an entire ecosystem. Chat in the forums, add to the wiki, participate in the AnswerHub Q&A, and join collaborative development projects via GitHub. Buy content in the Marketplace, or build your own and sell it there.
Thanks given by:
AC2 confirmed.
Thanks given by:
'dat 5% commercial royalty though :/
Not that I blame them but eff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwhH7upYFE#t=773
Thanks given by:
It was like that for UE3 too f0r3v3r...although I think the percentage was higher.

Also, HYPE HYPE HYPE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS

Edit: Yeah, it was 15% before.
Thanks given by:
I'm still thinking that Cube2 game engine it's great.
Thanks given by:
First off, this isn't new. The Unreal UDK has been around for years and has been free to non-commercial projects as well.

Secondly, this is a forum and not your personal twitter account. Just posting a link about something is not how to start a serious conversation. We can only guess what you want to say, no matter how obvious your intends may seem.

Thirdly, have we finally agreed on not caring about low-end machine compatibilty anymore? If that was indeed the case, I'd rather go with Cube2 or even better, eihrul's Tesseract-Cube2, since it has a sandbox editor, dynamic lighting and not that high-end professional tools, which take quite a lot of time to master.

I played around with the Unreal 3 UDK about 2 years ago and was quite impressed. Though, it is somewhat 'over the top' for a mainly community driven project, in my opinion. See, it already takes about 20 to 30 hours to get one decent map created with the current editor, which is rather self-explanatory. The UDK on the contrary is very complex to say the least. I do think it is userfriendly, though quite on another level compared to how things work on AC or Sauerbraten/Tesseract.
Thanks given by:
If you don't want people to read what you write, don't write it instead of using the 333333 colour...
Thanks given by: