Unbreakable's Tourney 2015 - CLA vs RVSF
Well, this tourney seems to be a redemption. http://forum.cubers.net/thread-365.html
I want to invite all of you, to participate on this tourney. All the info it's on:

http://u-ac.cf/tournament.html  <<<--- (+ brackets)

You must choose your teammates, then sign up on our forums and post the application here:

http://unbreakable-ac.cf/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

Use the Team Form available on the website, please.

If you have doubts about the "gameplay". Please, tell me.

PD: Yes, another clan is trying to bring back the competitive side of AC. Do not blame me for not trying.

EDIT:
The tournament will start on April 1

Approved Teams:
FD*

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Good initiative MPx =)
GL!
Thanks given by:
Bump
Thanks given by:
Quote:The teams must play 3 matches on 3 different modes, the following modes & times are mandatory:

[*]1st match - TSURV - 8 minutes
[*]2nd match - CTF - 15 minutes
[*]3rd match - TOSOK - 12 minutes
what maps?
Thanks given by:
by choice, i meant.. any maps.. official ones ofc
Thanks given by:
Quote:Hax jump bind will lead your team into an elimination. So, DO NOT use it!

So what if you don't bind?

Quote:If 2 players from the same team disconnect during the match, the team will be eliminated (No crying allowed).
What if someone is lag teleporting? Can we cap ping at 300?
Thanks given by:
I think is clear, binding hax jump is forbidden, if you are 'pro' on it spamming your jump/crouch keys, it's ok. It's easy to see who has the bind and who don't.

About higher ping player.. I think it's out of my hands.
Thanks given by:
I don't spam, I just do. And I'm not binded.

So no stops or pauses even with high ping?
Thanks given by:
ok.

That is correct.. there's a sub. if a player start lagging really bad, the sub must take his place and the lagger, when stop laggin, must spect with the command /benchme.
Thanks given by:
So if two people are lagging, then they must with a man down? How bad is really bad? 300?
Thanks given by:
Just a suggestion: you could have the server manage the teamsizes. You'd still have to bench laggers manually, but the server would automatically allow the spares to spawn.
Thanks given by:
Muso, why are you so traumatized with players ping?

I don't care about pings
Thanks given by:
It's very hard to hit people with 300+ ping.
Thanks given by:
Nice one MPx !
Thanks given by:
@Music: I know but I think you have to deal with it.. Do what other players do when they see that the server/players lag, they connect to another server.

Gracias, Quico.
Thanks given by:
what do you use to define a player's lag if not their pj/ping?
Thanks given by:
Unicorns vanquish, you use unicorns.

There was a commit in 1.2 that increased the packet drop of players who have high ping. Unfortunately this has the added effect of packets dropping when you try to hit them. It's an issue that has existed for a long time but has become dramatically worse in this version. I'd advise having as many servers across as many countries as possible so that teams can get the most stable ping between two teams.

It's shitty though for players like myself to have to play on euro servers vs europeans as they get an "unfair" advantage over me and vice-versa for me playing vs australians or brazilians. There is no clean way to deal with latency ever unfortunately. This is why other games have clearly estalished regions. Unfortunately, the player base is not sufficiently large to support such actions.

However, there could definitely be less interference between the code and player with regards to latency.
Thanks given by:
So which dev ruined AC?
BRAHMA2018
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 15, 08:57AM)Vermi Wrote: So which dev ruined AC?
BRAHMA2018

team effort
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 15, 12:17AM)Waffles Wrote: It's shitty though for players like myself to have to play on euro servers vs europeans as they get an "unfair" advantage over me
I don't really notice any hitdrops until about I hit about 250ms or something, I've even played on japanese servers with pyras (230ms-ish) and they felt fine. You get like 90-120 to most european servers if i'm correct, I've never had a problem playing with that ping as long as it isn't moving.

in fact, with the exception of some M|A servers in 1.1 I think I've never had any problem hitting decently on a USA server that wasn't explicitly lagging before - in fact, I'd say I have more difficulty hitting on some european servers (sveark/se-rc/se-aox/uk bob in 1.2 and uk myys in 1.1 have been the only european servers that actually had great hitreg), maybe euro servers just suck in general. although I'd highly recommend sveark's servers, even though the location isn't really the most convenient for most people, the hitreg there is probably the best you'll find in the game atm.

I think the best way to deal with latency is to play on the server which (within reason) gives the fairest pings and best hitreg to all the players, anybody even remotely reasonable will be willing to play on multiple different servers instead of just one.

or unicorns, unicorns work too.
Thanks given by:
Everybody: Stay ontopic. A general discussion about ping or devs does not belong here.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure that latency exists exclusively from the context of this thread.

"Teams can not have more than 2 players from the same clan"- I'm confused as to why. I sure as hell don't want to play with some randos

"Hax jump bind will lead your team into an elimination. So, DO NOT use it!"- I would just say that hax jump should be disallowed entirely with the exception of edge jumping on boxes.

"The sub player must spect his own team, it is not allowed to spect both. Join your team and type /benchme command"-spectatemode 6 is a serious concern regarding any amount of players. consider building a match client for the tournament that disallows this feature and keep it open source.

"On the finale, the teams must play one match on a custom map. /ctf u_arena"-i'm not saying this is a bad idea to get your maps played, but i don't see it's place in a competitive setting.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 15, 09:02PM)Waffles Wrote: "On the finale, the teams must play one match on a custom map. /ctf u_arena"-i'm not saying this is a bad idea to get your maps played, but i don't see it's place in a competitive setting.

I don't think you have to play u_arena specifically. Maybe undead's cavern1.2 would work.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 15, 09:27PM)Mousikos Wrote:
(20 Feb 15, 09:02PM)Waffles Wrote: "On the finale, the teams must play one match on a custom map. /ctf u_arena"-i'm not saying this is a bad idea to get your maps played, but i don't see it's place in a competitive setting.

I don't think you have to play u_arena specifically. Maybe undead's cavern1.2 would work.
Or maybe an official map? In a competitive setting an official map seems to make the most sense. 
Thanks given by:
Well, the idea to play the final on a custom map is that both teams must adapt to the map. If you think, ingress, d3, shine, gothic are the most played maps and 'pro' players got figured out all the angles. I don't know, I think would be funnier to play on a custom map than the same maps over and over again.
How about ac_hangar18 by EndGame?. I helped him with minimals things, like texture, lights but he made the 90% of the map.
or

Do you think we can make a mapping contest? Maps based on those maps I named above to play on clan matches, inters or whatever you want to classify those type of maps.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I like the idea of having the teams adapt to a map. Maybe put a few up and have the teams vote on their favorite. 
Thanks given by:
I don't mind the concept and I'm not anti-custom by any means. My point is mainly about your intent for the tournament. If it is meant to be a gauge of skill it should be that. If it is meant to be a gauge of skill within the context of new maps it should be that. Mixing the two within the finals is not the wisest choice imo but ofc my suggestions were just that.

I wish you luck for your tournament.
Thanks given by:
Erm, I think I missed something. When is the sign up deadline/when are the tournament dates?
Thanks given by:
December, 31
Thanks given by:
So this is a 2016 tournament?
Thanks given by: