What feild of view do you use?
300 allows me to see every dark corner. Like fullbright. On 1.0.4 it makes the coloured vests like brightskins.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 10, 12:18PM)DrauL Wrote: 300 allows me to see every dark corner. Like fullbright. On 1.0.4 it makes the coloured vests like brightskins.

Hehe, I know I was just giving you 300 gamma guys some grief. Everyone's monitors are different, some need more brightness than others.

(04 Sep 10, 11:28AM)Stupefy Wrote: Apparently some counterstrike-nuts continue to stick to their 19" CRT monitors. Something to do with refresh rates or being better to play FPS games on, I have no clue =S

It doesn't have so much to do with refresh rate as it has to do with no ghosting at all. You might be saying, well the difference can't be that big, but it really is. Now do I use a CRT? No way, I couldn't go back to that, especially for browsing and regular usage, LCD's are way better. But for gaming? Yeah CRT's are still very good, but since I'm very used to LCD's at this point (been using LCD's for 5 years now), theres really no point.
Thanks given by:
Quote:and a must use
wat?! I'm doing fine with /fov 100 ;)
Thanks given by:
:| i played using the almost 120 thingy...
didn't feel much different..
just more flexible.
And I was somehow always managing to jump behind opponents suddenly :| :| Go me!!!
Thanks given by:
As high as it goes
like to see whats going on
Thanks given by:
i use default field of view and default gamma. think i have everything on default actually. havent really tried changing anything seeing as i didnt know i could before reading this post :) but ill try out your ideas.
who knows, maybe ill get a kill/death ratio thats actually positive in dm.
Thanks given by:
... no one else uses fov 75?
I move my gamma up 5 every time I tk till I get to 300 and then I move it down and back up.
Thanks given by:
FOV 90 (more accurate for me)
GAMMA 120
Thanks given by:
Maria has an add on her sig. Like, wtf?
Thanks given by:
It's just Nexuiz, another open source game.
Thanks given by:
Better than having an ad for cigs.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, Old Thread I Know (S,OTIK)

But on my blog, I did a somewhat related post to FOV, you should look at what higher FOVs look like ;) Here you can find it
Thanks given by:
Nice blog & post ;)
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 10, 11:28AM)LaNterN Wrote: ... no one else uses fov 75?
Yo!

Well, fovscope. But I do that a lot.
Thanks given by:
You mean scopefov? With its maximum of 60?
:-P
Thanks given by:
No, I mean fovscope, as in I made myself a fovscope script.
Thanks given by:
sauerzoom = [ getfov = $fov; getsens = $sensitivity; gethudgun = $hudgun; fov 75; hudgun 0; onrelease [ fov $getfov; hudgun $gethudgun ] ]
Thanks given by:
:O ahhahahahaa!
Reminds me of the completed SmoothZoom script.
Thanks given by:
120 made me feel seasick so I'm still at 90; maxroll helps the narrow view a bit.
Thanks given by:
practice the 120,it show you more space so you have more possibilty to see enemy around you.
Thanks given by:
Better field of view but smaller enemy, and thus harder to track. I used to play with 90.
Thanks given by:
That's strange; a higher FOV should be used to alleviate motion sickness. And maxroll would just make it worse!
Thanks given by:
I played around with 120 fov and 8 maxroll yesterday for one game and was SURPRISED at how easy it is to get behind people. I may have to adjust.
It, the 120, feels like it pinches the center of the screen or like wearing the glasses of somebody else, the pitch and strange bends on the center lining up with an eye that isn't mine.
Thanks given by:
@V-Man, as you can see with my tests, higher FOV results in motion sickness, until it flips and turns semi-normal of course.
Thanks given by:
I don't get it...
When I first started playing AC, I couldn't play at any less than fov 100 or I'd start feeling motion sickness. Eventually I got the same feeling at any less than 110. Now I'm stuck at 120. XD I blame my 1024x768 monitor.
Thanks given by:
You have the capability to make no limits on the FOV, just play at 170 for awhile and you will see what I mean. Not to mention that the game is really glitchy there.
Thanks given by: