9th Endorsed Mapping Contest
It should be fixed, l'enmerdeur. (i mean registering o nakimbo)
I posted your map anyway : http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1464
Its not validated yet because there are collisions with other packages, but i will fix it ASAP
Thanks given by:
Last map update before the dead line,
a few clips added and an error fixed in the .cfg file.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/95ag8l...-alone.rar
Thanks given by:
Ok so here is a map that I have been working on for a while now. Started at a pure ffa map then I added a little more, then more and got what I have today.
It is a pretty small map, so 1-8 players is probably the max for comfortable play. I planned on working little more on it, but wanted to get it out here because won't have a computer the next few days.

Enjoy, bugs and suggestions appreciated.

http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1465
Thanks given by:
Dog with the surprise entry. :D
Thanks given by:
Today is the day. You have until the last reminding time zone reaches midnight to update/submit your maps.
In case anyone was wondering about that last reminding time zone, that would be Midway Islands and you can use this link provided to see their time and thus the end of the contest.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/midway
Thanks given by:
Alright Ladies and Gents. It's time to put your mapping to rest. Though we didn't get a large number, we had a few surprises. I felt overall it was quality and we will just have to see what the judges decide. Thank you everyone for entering. Good luck to those who entered, and good luck to those who end up playing on the new battlefields.
Here is the list of every confirmed map for the contest (I will update this later as one simple download for all the maps, but at this time it will just have to wait a few hours).
Entries:
ac_DEStiny by nightmare
rapier by RKTnoob
ac_tanglewood by Z3RO
frozen_cavern by L'enmerduer (newcomer)
ac_rampart by DogDancing
THE CONTEST IS NOW OVER
P.S. Because there is only one newcomer, he auto-wins the 25$ USD Amazon gift card. L'enmerduer congrats and contact me via PM to claim your prize.
Thanks given by:
Make ice cave for castle map contest. Win $25.
That's awesome. :D Good job L'en.
Thanks given by:
Is there an updated version of ac_tanglewood? It says it does not satisfy requirements to be played in Multiplayer Mode.
Thanks given by:
In case he does update it, the last version submitted has to be the one that is judged. Thus I will ask each judge to download this package of all the maps (with all the extras that go with it).
contest maps (updated at deadline)

PS, thanks for pointing that out Mousikos. I totally forgot to test to see if the maps could be voted online when I did my scores earlier. My scores are now complete, waiting on the others.
Thanks given by:
Cool, cool. I was just testing to see if I could get these on the mapping server so I can judge more quickly next week and realized I couldn't vote it.
Thanks given by:
I did send all the latest versions to the mapping server. You can get them from there. (If you are a judge that wants to download them quicker in game, contact me and mousikos and we will direct you to the mapping server we are speaking about so you can do so).
Thanks given by:
Maybe nobody wants to participate in mapping contests because they never get judged lmao
Thanks given by: Orynge , yopa
(15 Aug 15, 05:35PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Maybe nobody wants to participate in mapping contests because they never get judged lmao
^This, as well as we know that all the effort and hours you put into the map wont be worth it. I believe most mappers would love to have an official map, but the devs do apparently not want that many maps in the official package, nor do they want to remove any of the trash maps that already are in there.
Thanks given by:
[Image: kZavo.gif]
Thanks given by: Z3R0
Too late to the party but I like the Half-Life 2 reference in frozen_cavern...
Congrats.
Thanks given by: It's L'enmerdeur
(15 Aug 15, 06:16PM)yopa Wrote: I believe most mappers would love to have an official map, but the devs do apparently not want that many maps in the official package, nor do they want to remove any of the trash maps that already are in there.

Can't replace masterpieces like ac_snow.
Thanks given by:
(15 Aug 15, 06:16PM)yopa Wrote: but the devs do apparently not want that many maps in the official package
next time you want to talk in the devs name make sure you are accurately reporting what they actually think
Thanks given by:
Yah so what happened with this?
We have some great maps
ac_DEStiny by nightmare
rapier by RKTnoob
ac_tanglewood by Z3RO
frozen_cavern by L'enmerduer (newcomer)
ac_rampart by DogDancing
Thanks given by: Nightmare
What happened is that Rad and myself were the only judges to submit scores. A judge that had previously been very prompt was not and another judge just kept on beating around the bush. I have thought about replacing those 2 and trying to get some type of scores posted.
Thanks given by:
I can take out my entry and become a judge if you want.
Thanks given by: Padfoot