fatal error maprot unavailable HELP!
I want to set up a server on my home pc so i can connect to it on the school pcs, but i get this error when turning on the ac_server.exe file in win_32
I haven't edited anything in servercmdline.txt so i dont know whats wrong, do i have to add the path to it if so how?

I am a complete noob so the server documentation just left me confused :)

Thanks for any help!
Thanks given by:
This is what you get?
Dec 04 19:52:01 logging local AssaultCube server (version 1202, protocol 1201/104) now..
Dec 04 19:52:01 could not read config file 'config/maprot.cfg'
Dec 04 19:52:01 ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unavailable

simple.. place a maprot.cfg on the config folder.
Thanks given by:
pls start the server with the appropriate script (instead of just running the binary)

also - do you think it's agood idea to run a server, given you are a "complete noob" who can't read the docs?
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 14, 01:29PM)stef Wrote: pls start the server with the appropriate script (instead of just running the binary)

also - do you think it's agood idea to run a server, given you are a "complete noob" who can't read the docs?

What can go wrong? ive setup a source server
Thanks given by:
If you run a server, you are obliged to administrate it properly. How do you plan to do that, without reading documentation?
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 14, 11:53PM)MPx Wrote: This is what you get?

Dec 04 19:52:01 logging local AssaultCube server (version 1202, protocol 1201/104) now..
Dec 04 19:52:01 could not read config file 'config/maprot.cfg'
Dec 04 19:52:01 ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unavailable

simple.. place a maprot.cfg on the config folder.

i have got a maprot.cfg in the config folder
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 14, 07:39PM)stef Wrote: If you run a server, you are obliged to administrate it properly. How do you plan to do that, without reading documentation?

Um, its gonna be a private server and i have read the doumentation i am just cofused about how to actually start the server, wheres the assaultcube_server.bat script located on windows? I have the game folder on my desktop
Thanks given by:
Server at home on Windows...
And did you already look in the game folder for the .bat?
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 14, 09:05PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: Server at home on Windows...
And did you already look in the game folder for the .bat?

I cant find it :(
Thanks given by:
https://github.com/assaultcube/AC
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 14, 11:55PM)MPx Wrote: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Back in the days, I was bored with tosok and lss. So I made a server because I wanted my own. I could have my name in red and be admin. I could vote the maps I like and kick ban the assholes. It was a shitty server at first but then I learned some stuff. It made me stay. It made the game interesting again. Then I tried to improve my server so I involved myself in the game more than in any other game.

Some people helped me and I tried to help people with tutorials and videos. Assault cube is about crappy maps and crappy servers. That's how you get better, at least that's how I see the game. Wouldn't be here today without the lame maps we were uploading and having fun on, they were ugly as fuck but it was ours.
Thanks given by: