1.1 Sniper messed up
hi,

I just came back from vacation and i started to play the new ac version.
What do I see? The sniper is f***ed up! You made every weapon more powerfull, smg even overpowerd! But the sniper you have just f***ed up!

I was used to be a sniper but now you made it so useless... I'll have to train/play with my smg.

1.1 and 1.04 is just not the same anymore..It's like it's a different game.
The time of the snipers seems to be over. The time of the smg'ers has begun.

Thanks ac, really thanks --'

Mod edit: Title and content edited so that it's less offensive. Warning given for beligerent, ignorant attitude and unnecessary swearing.
Thanks given by:
its impossible to use on pubs, but it works decently in matches. the sniper itself isnt messed up, its just all the other weapons got boosted.
Thanks given by:
just played a bit with it today, was fine
Thanks given by:
Shoot pistol twice or stop aiming for space above shoulders
Thanks given by:
Get used to the sniper again, I'm sure your attitude will change.
Thanks given by:
Don't feed the users of other weapons ! :P
Thanks given by:
The smg was much easier to kill with in 1.04.
It need some relearning and very good aim now.
Thanks given by:
Matasar i'm not agree with that.
I think easier&faster to kill someone with smg on 1.1.
But thats my opinion ofcourse.
Thanks given by:
The gibsplattercannon just pwns everything else. Including sniper.
Thanks given by:
Don't judge the game just 1 week after you start playing it. Keep playing and you'll adapt to the new environment. At first I thought the same about sniper, but now it's really not that bad :)
Thanks given by:
We all must agree that shotties are overpowered. Carbine is perfect IMO. Some people think its crap but I disagree. Snipers are ok now. Not great. SMG is balanced. AR is a bit overpowered but not much.
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 10:16PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Don't judge the game just 1 week after you start playing it. Keep playing and you'll adapt to the new environment. At first I thought the same about sniper, but now it's really not that bad :)
I'm not complaining about it. I'm using the shotgun all the time, but it's overpowered, just sayin'.
Thanks given by:
tempest, that was directed to Ghost :)
Thanks given by:
The shotgun just owns in this game, it's the era of shotgunners now, they are all happy about it, and they call me noob cuz i don't wanna use it (¬¬), the sniper is somehow odd and it just doesn't feel the same i think the AR is ok now since it is a "big gun", the shotgun is now like way to powefull a dude shot from miles away and i still get the 40+ damage and that's not cool tbh, the smg i think it's the same since i don't use it xD
Thanks given by:
The only real problem I see with shotty now in pubs is the lame spawn killers, some times I have to go a long time without re-swamping caus of the army of enemies camping at my base with shotty, other than that shot gunners don't annoy me that much, most of the times I don't have such a hard time to kill a shotty dude in most of maps (mines, urban and elevation, shotty is FTW), of course I try not run into then at enclosed spaces ;)
Basically, the bottom line is: It all depends on the map you playing, learn how to use all the weapons and use them accordingly. Try to come with your shotties in ac_werk against me with sniper or AR, trust me: its not gonna be a walk in the park for ya!
Thanks given by:
i know it's not hard to kill them, since they don't have a good aim (most of them), but if they hit you you are doomed, i agree we must learn to use all the weapons, but they don't try anything and that sucks (for them xD)
Thanks given by:
If they stick around long enough, they will.
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 05:32PM)cOGhost Wrote: 1.1 and 1.04 is just not the same anymore..It's like it's a different game.

Damn right it's a different game. It's a better game now. xD. For starters the SMG deserves the no recoil. It's damage has been lowered by the way, so it's the recoil that's giving you the kills. 1.0.4 was the death of the SMG. Ya ya you can all say it was awesome and that the recoil was bananas but you're wrong. That thing handled like crap, no offense. As for snipers... yuck. It's about time they got taken down a peg or two. Shotty is not overpowered, it's about-time-powered. The .93 shotty rocked, and so did the SMG. The 1.0.4 sniper rocked (yuck) and nothing else did. Now the shotty is getting it's turn to shine, and the SMG is reliving it's glory days. Kind of sweet ey? Beats having to dodge the "Kiss of Death" every time you join a pub game or play a match!
Thanks given by:
when you have been using a weapon for a while on 1.0, you always think it was "messed up" in "1.1" because it changed, and you need to practice it a bit. Happened to me with SMG.
Just take time to learn a bit how to use it known, it's fast.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 06:35AM)MorganKell Wrote:
(01 Sep 10, 05:32PM)cOGhost Wrote: 1.1 and 1.04 is just not the same anymore..It's like it's a different game.
...It's damage has been lowered by the way, so it's the recoil that's giving you the kills....
One point of damage is a negligible difference unless they have armour, in which case AR sniper shotgun > all.
Thanks given by:
I like it, get alot of headshots and really dont know wtf you're complaining about.
Thanks given by:
the sniper weapon is the best if you do many training with this last in the new version.

its more easier to do headshot and useful in match or pub servers but smg are better too
Thanks given by:
My biggest gripe is how much of an impact armor has on the sniper's strategy. All the stuff about 1shot+2pistol or 1shot+knife goes out the window against armor and you're instantly at a massive disadvantage unless you headshot your target straight away (rare). I believe that knife should be the ONLY weapon that completely ignores armor.

But sniper will continue be one of the most difficult weapons to use but the most rewarding once you have mastered it. Obviously there are some maps where you'll get completely demolished by shotguns/smg's, but sniper runs more than fine on most general maps.

On maps where armor isn't an issue, I don't get all the fuss over shotguns? The "gib" still only rewards 1 frag lol, it's not a real gib.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 09:12PM)Stupefy Wrote: On maps where armor isn't an issue, I don't get all the fuss over shotguns? The "gib" still only rewards 1 frag lol, it's not a real gib.
The difference is that the shotgun is now much more effective on longer ranges, eliminating the need to go right up to you enemy (which left them time to shoot you). And it still packs quite some punch, but you still don't have to aim it carefully as e.g. the SR.
Thanks given by:
i have not noticed a single difference with the sniper TBH.
Thanks given by:
Me strongly agrees with Stupefy on the knife armor issue. Knife damage should not be affected by armor! Since knife only does damage at very close range, this change would not affect game play a lot and would reward the cold blood skills of the knifers!
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 09:37PM)tempest Wrote: The difference is that the shotgun is now much more effective on longer ranges
:O
Was that change...really...necessary...? Damage vs Distance, Shotgun was already very well balanced...
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 10, 09:12PM)Stupefy Wrote: I believe that knife should be the ONLY weapon that completely ignores armor.
+1
(02 Sep 10, 09:41PM)TheCrema Wrote: Knife damage should not be affected by armor!
+1
i agree with you TheCrema & Stupefy
Thanks given by:
I've been practicing with an alias, and to be honest the sniper it's quite more efectiva to headshot people hehe, but still need to practice a lot but i think i can use my ole rusty sniper once more (thanks to DES mod pack xD)
Thanks given by:
I do think the sniper is a tad underpowered to be honest.

In the past, it had the (unfair) advantage of headshotting when you shoot above the shoulders. Combined with the fact that all the other guns were pretty weak (maybe except the noobmachinegun), it made it teh king.

Now, on the other hand...
this bug got fixed (so no more easy headshots and unfair advantage), but IN ADDITION TO THIS every other gun got better AND the damage was lowered. The combination of these makes it feel a tad weak IMO... though I still do like it.

The pistol is awesome as it is IMO don't change that... but now that the "headshot bug" has been fixed I think the sniper -at very least- deserves its extra 5pt damage back to make things fair.

Also, I honestly don't think the shotty or AR are overpowered at all. The shotgun is still fairly useless at longer ranges, yes it's better at medium-range combat but the SMG still pwns there. The AR and SMG are now more or less the same overall, the AR is more accurate and all but the SMG still has the big bonus of making your opponent's screen go all funkyshiz when you spray at their faces, not to mention the now ridiculously easy handling (I likes). Carbine is quite handy in pubs, though I've got the *feeling* that it's got the same problem as shotty/AR of before... no good for competitive play.
Thanks given by: