AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(24 Nov 14, 02:10PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Why not if the code is good?
Other code may be better.

(24 Nov 14, 02:10PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I don't have a strong preference on these things. I'd probably be happy with whatever was a side-effect of the way I coded pause. What do you suggest?
I'd probably completely freeze clients and server (except for voting and chat) and end the pause with a countdown ("game resumes in 5-4-3-2-1-go"). But I'm sure, the same guys who now demand "pause, no matter how" would claim, it had to be changed, because a primed nade blew up in their face - or someone found a way to take advantage of the feature.

On a sidenote: the game has had a feature to keep the flow even if someone disconnects since AC 1.1 - and still no one has ever tried it out, or even attempted to. But I am the closed-minded one who doesn't like change :)

PS: if you are working on any feature that includes server code right now - chances are, you are wasting your time ;)
Thanks given by:
/benchme doesnt work the way in matches you think it works.
Thanks given by:
At least do an automatic pause when a player is kicked by the server for cheat.
Thanks given by:
benchme works exactly as intended - but it is only part of the system.

Why do you think, you know how it is supposed to work, Marti?

PS: Yeah, Honor, that makes a lot of sense. You should not lose game time while you wait for the cheater to come back :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 05:46PM)stef Wrote: Why do you think, you know how it is supposed to work, Marti?

I never said i know how it is supposed to work. I simply said that it just doesnt work in matches the way you think it works.

From what i understand, you seem to think it is a proper alternative for the pause function, because you can bench someone on your team, and he can spawn if someone discs. But, as you may or may not know, the AC playerbase has decreased, meaning it is way more difficult to get 6 players on at the same time, or even 8 in case of a 3v3 + sub for both teams. Also it can turn out worse, if someone who is benched subs someone who is away suddenly due to a phonecall or lagout or smth. E.g. lets say there is a game going between 2 teams consisting of 3 experienced players, and they have subs that are less skilled. The game is very even, but then an experienced guy lags out and the less skilled player has to play now. Suddenly the teams arent even anymore, they arent synced anymore, and they completely get rekt now, that isnt fun for both teams. Thats why it is better to pause the game and wait for the player to get back so the teams stay fair. Another example, lets say there is a 1v1 going, and one guy is home alone and his doorbell rings. Now /benchme is completely useless since you cant sub someone in a 1v1, but a pause function is usefull since he is only away for a bit. And then no precious gametime is wasted.

If you, for some reason, think i am completely wrong, please explain to me (and maybe other competitive players).

Edit:

'PS: Yeah, Honor, that makes a lot of sense. You should not lose game time while you wait for the cheater to come back :)'

Stef, if you actually played matches in ac you would know it happens quite frequently that someone randomly gets banned for speedhack in a match, while they arent cheating.
Thanks given by:
I wish eihrul would come back. :(
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 06:21PM)Marti Wrote: Stef, if you actually played matches in ac you would know it happens quite frequently that someone randomly gets banned for speedhack in a match, while they arent cheating.
As sarcastic as Stef's reply was, I actually agree with stef. anti-cheat is SUPPOSED to work like that. If you cheat, you're gone. No pause, no stop. You shouldn't break a function that does what it's supposed to (ban on cheat).

The only problem is, cheat detection isn't working properly.....
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 06:48PM)Mousikos Wrote: As sarcastic as Stef's reply was, I actually agree with stef. anti-cheat is SUPPOSED to work like that. If you cheat, you're gone. No pause, no stop. You shouldn't break a function that does what it's supposed to (ban on cheat).

The only problem is, cheat detection isn't working properly.....

If they actually cheat then yes there shouldnt be a pause, but if you can read i said it hapens way too often that someone gets banned for 'cheating'.

The solution depends on what is done first, fix anticheat or implement pause function. If anticheat is fixed i also agree there shouldnt be a pause.
Thanks given by:
My point is: if the anticheat kicks players who were not cheating, the anticheat has to be fixed. No need to implement a workaround.

Marti, I said, no one has used that function fully during the last five years. If you claim to know otherwise, pls go ahead. Stop explaining that it is not a pause feature. No one ever claimed that.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 14, 01:15AM)Orynge Wrote: Game developers aren't politicians.

Maybe they are.
[Image: photo.jpg]

/pause could simply stop the timer. Doesn't have to be a legit super freeze.
Thanks given by:
A pause should freeze everything simultaneously and preserve speed, trajectory, and momentum of every player/nade/bullet.

It should be able to be pressed by any player in mastermode 2

It should have a 3 to 5 second warning before the game resumes.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 14, 11:30PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(23 Nov 14, 01:15AM)Orynge Wrote: Game developers aren't politicians.

Maybe they are.
[Image: photo.jpg]

Pls Nightmare you must listen to me. Ronald_Reagan who develops AC is only an imposter. If you do not believe then you only have to look on his wikipedia page he died 2004. I informer other devs about impostrosity but they are not having any of it. They are don't listening.
Thanks given by:
You will be eliminated shortly.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 09:50AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You will be eliminated shortly.

Oh god here comes the B}odyGuards!
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 14, 05:37AM)Waffles Wrote: A pause should freeze everything simultaneously and preserve speed, trajectory, and momentum of every player/nade/bullet.

It should be able to be pressed by any player in mastermode 2

It should have a 3 to 5 second warning before the game resumes.

If that's the case, there should be an auto-pause option.
Thanks given by:
Let's not make things overly complex there orynge babe. Separating between players who are playing and spectating may be too much to ask seeing as this has been a contentious issue since 1.1.
Thanks given by:
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bitch about the pause-feature or 'bad-talk' it, even though I personally don't need it.

But out of curiosity, is it even possible to pause all clients at exactly the same moment, considering all those different latencies? I mean, wouldn't the highest ping client be paused at last and being possible to still perform actions, while the lowest ping client is paused already? Will this high ping actions then be ignored by the server? Could the competive players live with the potentially unfair situations this may cause?
Thanks given by:
I dont believe there is so strong lobby for "pause" function because of anticheat kicks or yes ? AC is fast game, it is rude to wait. You cannot stop time in football too and it is still fun.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 14, 10:21AM)Alien Wrote: You cannot stop time in football too and it is still fun.

You know they have a thing called extra time (or injury time however you want to call it)? To add some minutes when there cannot be played due to injuries and goal celebrations.
Thanks given by:
Soccer rules for AC = Marti flopping every time he gets shot, injury time slowing down everyone.
Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 14, 02:11PM)Nightmare Wrote: Football rules for AC = Marti flopping every time he gets shot, injury time slowing down everyone.

If only that actually was possible :D
Thanks given by: