天佑香港/God Protect Hong Kong
想港正在挑戰加入中華人民共和國之後最大的挑戰.北京將要把香港的民主全力消滅掉. 請大家多幫香港祈求平安與勝利.

Hong Kong is fighting it's biggest battle since it's became a part of the People's Republic of China. Beijing is squash their democratic rights. Please pray for the Hong Kong's people's safety and victory.
Thanks given by:
What's this about again?

Need moar context
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4q8fs8gTIs

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/28/world/asia...?hpt=wo_c1
Thanks given by:
Moose, where do you live? :o
Thanks given by:
Hmm that kinda looks like what went on in Turkey

Lets hope no one gets killed
Thanks given by:
USA. But this is not just Hong Kong's fight. This is OUR fight too. What's going on in Hong Kong is a fight for the rights THEY ALREADY HAVE. Imagine some unsavory party takes over the US Federal Government. Somehow, they manage to instill a new law that says State Governments can still choose their own state governors, but that the pull of possible state governors will be chosen by the Federal Government. This is EXACTLY what is going on in Hong Kong RIGHT NOW. They are fighting for basic freedoms they already have, but will be taken away.

We have to fight with them, our fellow human beings. The people who are fighting in HK right now are STUDENTS. They are the FUTURE of Hong Kong.

(28 Sep 14, 10:54PM)Marti Wrote: Hmm that kinda looks like what went on in Turkey

Lets hope no one gets killed

Do you remember this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_S...ts_of_1989

If you follow the youtube link I posted, there are Chinese people there saying that "The Hong Kong people seem to want to know what it feels like to be on the other end of the tank" (in Chinese of course). Let's not have another Tiananmen Square!
Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 14, 10:54PM)Marti Wrote: Lets hope no one gets killed

+1

(28 Sep 14, 10:57PM)Music Wrote: USA. But this is not just Hong Kong's fight. This is OUR fight too.

The world complains every time America makes something their fight too, even if it's a NATO thing with half the world involved. Even if it's the right thing to do. I can see Obama making a speech asking for peace there, and supporting their cause; but I don't see the US doing anything else.
Thanks given by:
Word on youtube is there's already been 1 death. I can't find a source though.
Thanks given by:
The world is getting worse... everyday there is a war or a fight between countries.

Just something that I want to say:
America= Continent
USA= Country
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 12:11AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: America= Continent
Canada disagrees.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 12:38AM)Oracle Wrote:
Canada disagrees.

Keep this about HK, please.
Thanks given by:
Why wars? Why not a peaceful conversation?
We shall bless the people who aren't fighthing, they don't need to suffer that, no death! More peace!.. hate wars!!!!
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 01:21AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Why wars? Why not a peaceful conversation?
We shall bless the people who aren't fighthing, they don't need to suffer that, no death! More peace!.. hate wars!!!!

It's supposed to be a peaceful protest.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 03:45AM)Music Wrote: It's supposed to be a peaceful protest.

Anyways... hope it won't become worse :)
Thanks given by:
China brought in the military.... No action yet, but they're there.
Thanks given by:
Hopefully we will see, as with some of what was seen during the Arab Spring, that the availability of witness given through the internet will bring triumph for the People.
It is sad that the people have to throw themselves in front of the tanks to be heard, so to speak...
Thanks given by:
God I hope so. I don't want to see tanks vs people on live TV...
Thanks given by:
Except that its still shit in Arab land lol

Its seems this year is conflict year ... Ukraine, Syria, Hong Kong, Turkey, USA, where ever IS is, and so on..
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 09:17AM)Marti Wrote: Except that its still shit in Arab land lol

Its seems this year is conflict year ... Ukraine, Syria, Hong Kong, Turkey, USA, where ever IS is, and so on..
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%AA%E...8%E9%81%8B

Another reason this kind of scares me is, Hong Kong->Taiwan->Mongolia (外蒙古)-> other parts of Asia =S
Thanks given by:
Is Macau also in this?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 12:38AM)Oracle Wrote:
Canada disagrees.

AMEN TO THAT
Thanks given by:
North America = Continent, including USA-Canada-Mexico-other smaller nations.
USA = America = Country

Btw it's national coffee day here. Maybe if China had such a holiday, peace would prevail and their rights will be saved.
Thanks given by:
It's a culture thing, Nightmare. If you introduce yourself in Spanish to someone from South America with "I'm American", their first reaction will be "Me too, what country?" because the term American DOES refer to the Americas (North AND South), and some will be rather insulted that you would consider the US to be the ONLY America. The proper term to say I'm American in Spanish is I'm United States-ian.
Thanks given by:
Here a bit of History about the Cold War and what Music said =)
So what happened in HK? They still doing the protests?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 05:23PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Here a bit of History about the Cold War

this has so nothing to do with the topic lol, and im sure everyone had history in school......

and about the protests, no they randomly stopped. pls use brain, something like this doesnt stop in a day...
Thanks given by:
The live stream is still valid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4q8fs8gTIs
Thanks given by:
Only 11 coutries are peaceful ;) Even my country has soldiers around the world, in Afganistan and in Mali, http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/i...eace-index
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 05:08PM)Music Wrote: It's a culture thing, Nightmare. If you introduce yourself in Spanish to someone from South America with "I'm American", their first reaction will be "Me too, what country?"

what dialect do you speak?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 08:42PM)Cemer Wrote:
(29 Sep 14, 05:08PM)Music Wrote: It's a culture thing, Nightmare. If you introduce yourself in Spanish to someone from South America with "I'm American", their first reaction will be "Me too, what country?"

what dialect do you speak?
Of... English? Chinese? Spanish?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 11:49PM)Music Wrote: Of... English? Chinese? Spanish?

spanish
Thanks given by: