天佑香港/God Protect Hong Kong
(30 Sep 14, 12:13AM)Cemer Wrote:
(29 Sep 14, 11:49PM)Music Wrote: Of... English? Chinese? Spanish?

spanish

Well, someone in AC is trying to turn me into an Argentinian >.>

How is this relevant to HK's current situation, Cemer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvxlGUki7U
Thanks given by:
i am just wondering because ive never heard a latin american refer to themselves as "americano" or "de los estados unidos". to be fair my spanish is quite poor, but i am quite positive i have never heard my family, my family friends and other random latinos say that

what is macau's opinion on the rising in hong kong? i am rooting for them in hk
Thanks given by:
Can elections even be lost there?
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 04:00AM)Cemer Wrote: i am just wondering because ive never heard a latin american refer to themselves as "americano" or "de los estados unidos". to be fair my spanish is quite poor, but i am quite positive i have never heard my family, my family friends and other random latinos say that

what is macau's opinion on the rising in hong kong? i am rooting for them in hk

You don't say "Yo soy Americano" if you're from the US. You say "Yo soy estadounidense" or you se "Soy de los EEUU (estados unidos)".

I am unfamiliar with macau's POV.
Thanks given by:
PRC couldn't even wait another 33 years to gain complete control of HK, talk about impatient.

Honestly, there's very little anyone can do. China are known for adjusting their own laws to suit them. They're one of the big 5, so there's nothing that can be done through the UN. I doubt China will go through the massacre approach again, but they won't back down from the position they've taken. Potentially the UK could try and talk to them, as they are the ones who made PRC agree to democracy in the first place, but like I said, China generally don't back down on any issue that they believe is within their own borders.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 11:16AM)Marti Wrote: Is Macau also in this?

MACAU WILL ALWAYS BE PORTUGAL

WE KILLED THOSE PIRATES

NEVER FORGET
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 05:52PM)titiPT Wrote:

WE KILLED THOSE PIRATES

NEVER FORGET

Stay on topic, stop trolling. Hong Kong's situation is not a joke

(30 Sep 14, 12:31PM)Nightmare Wrote: Can elections even be lost there?

What do you mean?
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 09:40PM)Music Wrote:

What do you mean?

That the CP always wins, that you have no chance of winning elections when you are not related to the CP, and the only ones running in the election are in the CP or controlled by them. So they will never lose elections

(I guess)
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 09:51PM)Marti Wrote:

What do you mean?

That the CP always wins, that you have no chance of winning elections when you are not related to the CP, and the only ones running in the election are in the CP or controlled by them. So they will never lose elections

(I guess)

Yes but if Hong Kongers all get to vote, they will not vote Beijing-backed candidates unless forced to (like Beijing wants for 2017).
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 12:58PM)Music Wrote: You don't say "Yo soy Americano" if you're from the US. You say "Yo soy estadounidense" or you se "Soy de los EEUU (estados unidos)".

thats not what i was asking; i was asking what type of dialect because i have never heard of this as an ideal at all, not for you to correct me on something which i already understood and wasnt referring to. i was wondering what dialects this is common in, just to see

yikes
Thanks given by:
This probably seems really minor compared to major world issues(ISIS, ebola, hunger).
Thanks given by:
Losing representation is a major problem nightmare. Especially when its inflicted.
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 14, 11:17PM)Cemer Wrote:
(30 Sep 14, 12:58PM)Music Wrote: You don't say "Yo soy Americano" if you're from the US. You say "Yo soy estadounidense" or you se "Soy de los EEUU (estados unidos)".

thats not what i was asking; i was asking what type of dialect because i have never heard of this as an ideal at all, not for you to correct me on something which i already understood and wasnt referring to. i was wondering what dialects this is common in, just to see

yikes

well i'm not a native speaker >.>
Thanks given by:

WE KILLED THOSE PIRATES

NEVER FORGET

I'm not making fun of HK's situation, it's pretty fucked up as it is and I wish them all the best.

But we did killed those pirates and then China took Macau from us. I'm still a bit salty.
Thanks given by:
(01 Oct 14, 12:25PM)titiPT Wrote:

WE KILLED THOSE PIRATES

NEVER FORGET

I'm not making fun of HK's situation, it's pretty fucked up as it is and I wish them all the best.

But we did killed those pirates and then China took Macau from us. I'm still a bit salty.

Still not on topic.

Also wtf police?
[Image: DeliciousWiltedGreatargus.gif]
Thanks given by:
FireChat FTW!
in rich regions only
Thanks given by:
Well that just took a turn for the worse. From the looks of things, the government realised they couldn't do anything while the international press are watching, so it seems they've cut a deal with the triads.
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 14, 05:39PM)Orynge Wrote: Well that just took a turn for the worse. From the looks of things, the government realised they couldn't do anything while the international press are watching, so it seems they've cut a deal with the triads.

Link?
Thanks given by:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/04/world/....html?_r=0

No way... That's fucked up
Thanks given by:
If I lost voting rights, then got attacked by ninjas for protesting that, I'd be halfway to Zarj's Canadian safehouse real quick.

So, why not move to another country, enjoy true democracy, and let China's economy take the hit of missing millions of cash spending civilians, along with loads of students?
Thanks given by:
Also, my 3am thinking process was flawed (surprisingly), the triads probably just tried to take out the people costing them business.

(03 Oct 14, 11:39PM)Nightmare Wrote: So, why not move to another country, enjoy true democracy, and let China's economy take the hit of missing millions of cash spending civilians, along with loads of students?
There aren't that many people protesting. Any others that support their cause but don't protest have probably realised that the students will lose and will simply disappear when this all finishes. That's how PRC works, anyone suspected of wanting to challenge authority doesn't stay free. China don't care if a few thousand people disappear or leave. As long as they aren't free in China, spreading their "poisonous" views, the government will not care.
Thanks given by:
Our 'democraties' are almost all different, but they are all made a way you can not change huge things in it.

omg, never saw your avatar was animated
Thanks given by:
National Taco Day. China needs more days like this. Everyone could sit there, eat a taco, and realize it isn't the end of the world if some people can vote.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 14, 07:55PM)Nightmare Wrote: National Taco Day. China needs more days like this. Everyone could sit there, eat a taco, and realize it isn't the end of the world if some people can vote.

If only..
Thanks given by:
Not sure if it's the same thing I heard of, but I read the leaders of this revolution are mostly sons of important business men = financed by USA to destabilize another government
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 14, 11:24PM)Andrez Wrote: Not sure if it's the same thing I heard of, but I read the leaders of this revolution are mostly sons of important business men = financed by USA to destabilize another government

Source?
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 14, 01:40AM)Music Wrote:
(05 Oct 14, 11:24PM)Andrez Wrote: Not sure if it's the same thing I heard of, but I read the leaders of this revolution are mostly sons of important business men = financed by USA to destabilize another government

Source?

His experience in pseudo revolutions crysis.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 14, 01:40AM)Music Wrote:

Source?
It was a Facebook group which I can't find atm, but I read it more than twice.

@ Exo: no "pseudo-revolution crysis experience" is needed to understand that China, along with India, is trying to bend over USA by making deals with Russia = a destabilized government would be indeed damaged for this way.

Do you need a picture to figure it out?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 14, 09:28AM)Music Wrote: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%AA%E...8%E9%81%8B

Another reason this kind of scares me is, Hong Kong->Taiwan->Mongolia (外蒙古)-> other parts of Asia =S
LOL the dominotheory is still alive in the USA I see.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 14, 01:54PM)YesWeCamp Wrote:
(29 Sep 14, 09:28AM)Music Wrote: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%AA%E...8%E9%81%8B

Another reason this kind of scares me is, Hong Kong->Taiwan->Mongolia (外蒙古)-> other parts of Asia =S
LOL the dominotheory is still alive in the USA I see.

That's not it. China claims quite a bit of other countries as part of itself: http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...irs-anger/

Also:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%88%86%...5%E5%88%86
Thanks given by: