/gamma Ubuntu
Thanks given by:
Try instead (in bash/terminal) 'xgamma -gamma 1.5' (or whatever number).
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Open the Driver utility and select the recommended driver. The generic drivers turned on by default in Ubuntu don't support gamma changes.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's a little hackish since it changes the whole system and makes other applications look bad, but just for playing AC it seems to work well enough for me.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Did you use the driver utility packaged with your Ubuntu installation? :P
Thanks given by:
Gamma doesn't work in linux afaik. Try changing your brightness: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications...ontroller/
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 12:20PM)Music Wrote: Gamma doesn't work in linux afaik.

I assure you it does.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 01:39PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(02 Sep 14, 12:20PM)Music Wrote: Gamma doesn't work in linux afaik.

I assure you it does.

Do you have to quote everything?

That being said, it doesn't work on my system. Maybe ubuntu is different. But, if it works on every system, I'd be delighted if you had documentation to share.
Thanks given by:
It used to work for me, I was playing windowed.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 02:44PM)Million Wrote: It used to work for me, I was playing windowed.

Specs?
Thanks given by:
Ubuntu 12.04 if I remember well.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 02:43PM)Music Wrote: That being said, it doesn't work on my system. Maybe ubuntu is different. But, if it works on every system, I'd be delighted if you had documentation to share.

Most generic drivers don't provide gamma support.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Works for me in Fedora 19/20

There is much more to *nix than *buntu 1Cap
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Gamma /does/ work in linux - but not every graphics driver seems to support it.

For me, it worked well with the nvidia driver. After I switched to amd, it stopped working for gamma values greater than 100 (it still works fine for values below 100 - not that that's of any use).

However, the amd driver comes with the "Catalyst Control Center" utility, which allows setting any gamma value (in the "Colors" section).

It's not very practical, but it works...
Thanks given by: