Stop timer in match mode
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to stop the timer in match mode because people keep stopping inters while they are ahead, leave for 5 minutes or more, and then... yeah.
Thanks given by:
Good idea, but I think there's no way, is best to give rr and star all again. =)
Thanks given by:
Or just don't stop and keep a backup player on hand. Play like the tourneys so you don't have this bs.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4568.html
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 14, 05:36PM)ExodusS Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4568.html
I like this.
Maybe a mastermode 3

/mastermode 3 t n

t = time to whait for the player back
n = number of times this feature will work during all game
Thanks given by:
Would be nice if when the clock stops, all players freeze and only be able to use the chat.
Thanks given by:
If only match mode were designed in a way that no pause would be needed - even in the event of players disconnecting...
Thanks given by:
Well, it's great that no pause is needed, but it'd also be great if there could be a pause when desired by both teams...
Thanks given by:
+1
Great idea, the command should be /stopgame or /freezetime
Like Hitman said... I agree with him, it must stop the time and players, avoiding them to get health or armor
Thanks given by:
How about, if a player disconnect and other picked up the flag, when the admin call to stop the clock, the flags reset automatically.
Thanks given by:
That could affect the game, if there is a team that almost score the flag and this happens, they'll get mad for that.
There are benefits and consequences
Thanks given by:
Seems like a great idea, but the reality is that it is just more confusion and delay, imho...
If someone isn't gonna come back for 5 mins why should everyone have to stand around waiting to play?
A 'pause' function is a neat idea, but I think the timing of the pausing and affected entities are huge factors to reconcile, especially with regards to inters, where everyone's etiquette and understanding of the gameplay mechanics can be quite different from one another...
But I still think this kind of stuff is cart before the horse...
Especially with things like a match "flag" that players can set when they need another for an inter that would show up in the masterserver list... Or other matchmaking ideas...

For the specific purpose though, I could see the "pause" occuring upon the disconnect of the minimum required players for the match as it is set...
So if there are six active players in a server, ignore spect, and if the active number changes from an equal and even amount, then pause the game.
So if you have a 3v3 - If a player disconnects from Active, the game will automatically pause - It will continue when either another player joins the active status or another player drops from active status... i.e. A player spectating and continuing 2v2, or likewise - a player joining active from Spect and continuing in 3v3...

My underlying feeling is that I don't feel like players should have to wait around anyway...
If you have to wait five minutes for someone to come back, you should just get someone else...
Thanks given by:
Yep. Mastermode 2 (3?) with an auto-stop when an active player disconnects. If people don't want to wait, they can vote to resume play.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 14, 06:05AM)Syntax Wrote: Yep. Mastermode 2 (3?) with an auto-stop when an active player disconnects. If people don't want to wait, they can vote to resume play.
Exactly, and I believe it should not be hard to put it in the game, is the same system as the "game has ended!" and can continue using the chat. Or am I wrong?
Thanks given by: