server trouble
hi guys,
i want to create a local server but i tried every source on the internet; youtube, and assault cubers forums but there is no working results, im using assault cube version 1.1.0.1 can you guys help me to create one pls?
Thanks given by:
You have to forward your ports and such and create through the serverwizard and server located in the Assault Cube file through program files. I've never set one up before, but i've heard of people doing it so I know a little.

Ports are 28763 and 28764 I think. Just forward your ports.

Some one will reply with the whole tutorial for you to create it though.

Good Luck.
Thanks given by:
thank you so much, but i think i need some body to show me how to create step by step, what is on you tube and on some other web sites are useless for me i couldnt create any thing, thank you anyway.
Thanks given by:
There isn't much information about making one step by step from what I know.

Go onto the IRC ChatZilla and go to the Woop-Clan or assaultcube chat and ask for help there, someone will answer you and probably go into a private chat and go step by step with you. Keep an eye out for a guy name Syntaxed from the w00p clan, he knows how to get them running.

EDIT : Please don't spam the chats out though, this will result in most probably being kicked. Usually it might take time for some one to reply to your question, so be patient with them.
Thanks given by:
thank you i owe you .
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it. The amount of help I just gave you is nothing compared to the people who are soon to give you so much information on Assault Cube and setting up servers step by step.

What I just did, is the basics of helping. It's hardly anything. :)
Thanks given by:
thanks a lot :)

for others; i still waiting for responses please keep posting...
Thanks given by:
Just for clarification: you want a server that is open to the internet, so everyone can play on it. Right?

It's quite easy, actually, but we need a few more infos. What OS are you using and are you using a router (if so, what model)?
Thanks given by:
(31 Aug 10, 05:20PM)tempest Wrote: Just for clarification: you want a server that is open to the internet, so everyone can play on it. Right?

It's quite easy, actually, but we need a few more infos. What OS are you using and are you using a router (if so, what model)?

actually i want a local server but internet server may work too, my operating system is vista and the router is Pirelli DRG A226G ADSL2+ Integrated Access Device, which is; click for more info. i will be appreciate for your response thanks a lot.
Thanks given by:
http://pliki.interprojekt.pl/wiki/attach...Manual.pdf look at page 64 - Security Section
You can also follow one of those tutorials (AssaultCube is not listed) http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...Gindex.htm
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 12:02AM)samsattF Wrote: http://pliki.interprojekt.pl/wiki/attach...Manual.pdf look at page 64 - Security Section
You can also follow one of those tutorials (AssaultCube is not listed) http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...Gindex.htm

first of all thanks for the manual i was looking for it, secondly im not capable to create a server for now, my priority is to create a server not port forwarding but thank you anyway ;)
Thanks given by:
* Ronald_Reagan envisions more questions to come
You know with out portfowarding, your server is just as good as a lan server? Only people using your internet will be able to connect. Not very good for clan uses.
If you want a private server, you have to port forward, but not register to the MS, or make a password to join.
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 12:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: * Ronald_Reagan envisions more questions to come
You know with out portfowarding, your server is just as good as a lan server? Only people using your internet will be able to connect. Not very good for clan uses.
If you want a private server, you have to port forward, but not register to the MS, or make a password to join.

i just want to create lan server to show my friends for now, if they like it we may work on to create internet server, any way Gibstick from irc://quakenet/assaultcube helped me, all i have to do is add -mLocalhost to servercmdline.txt and distribute my internal ip to my friends that is all, but ill be back for internet server soon thanks a lot for everybody who tried to help me...
Thanks given by:
(01 Sep 10, 12:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: your internet
:)
Thanks given by:
I got tired of using "LAN" :P
Thanks given by:
this game is fun, keep playing :p if i succeed to create internet server i'll tell you guys :p
Thanks given by: