Aggressive behaviour across multiple servers
Every time I have played in a server against the players naming themselves "KATE- MIDDLETON" and "PRINCE- WILLIAM" I have experienced some kind of abuse. The motifs are usually extremely petty or illegitimate.

The most recent incident occurred when the two players wished everyone to play against them. Every time I would join RVSF, they would try and force me to the enemy team which I did not want. In response I was repeatedly teamkilled intentionally. Several ban votes were also called against me for "teamkilling" when I had 0tks. "KATE- MIDDLETON" in particular utilized the chat to abuse me verbally.
This occurred on the server Bommy[ita] server 2
(If someone could give me a link to the server website or forward this to the owner, that would be great)

A similar incident occurred a few days ago when I changed my name to "PRINCE- HARRY" in jest and I was threatened by both to change my name or I would be team-killed which I was. There are even more examples where I was teamkilled for absolutely no reason whatsoever and kicked for false reasons.

Nevertheless I find it absolutely disgusting that anyone can just go into a server, commit abuse and get away with it. Moreover, I find it disgusting that players can behave as if they own the game and set its rules.

I understand that this cannot be dealt with immediately but I would request someone to look into this. Unfortunately I cannot provide an IP address. Could someone tell me how I find another player's IP? I would like to be able to provide it next time there's trouble with these individuals.

Thanks,
Dewy
Thanks given by:
/whois cn

cn = client number, you can see it by the looking on the scoreboard (screen).
As an example, if you were on the server at the time that screen was taken, you could have typed /whois 1 and then you'd see my IP. Next time you see them on a server, just look for their client numbers and type that command.

If you want to make the player's cn more/less visible on the scoreboard, you can use /cncolumncolor and then a number of 1-9 to make it stand out. [EDIT: apparently you can use "0" too. weird]
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 14, 10:53PM)Vanquish Wrote: As an example, if you were on the server at the time that screen was taken, you could have typed /whois 1 and then you'd see my IP.

It only shows the 3 first numbers of someone's IP, the last number is kept "secret" so that you can't abuse of the whoise command and those private informations are kept by the server owner.

Once you have the 3 first numbers of the IP, you can ask the server owner or Jamz (a.k.a the one who own (?) the masterserver) and he will give you the whole IP or just make something about the issue (ex: ban this IP or a range from the masterserver).
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks. Here are the IP addresses of the individuals in question:

"KATE- MIDDLETON": 95.250.189.x
"PRINCE- WILLIAM": 151.33.182.x

Currently in |FaD| Public Server 01
Thanks given by:
"KATE- MIDDLETON": 95.250.189.x

I think is the same - "I-LUV-DRUGS"
In BoB server last night.
Thanks given by:
I find their antics mildly amusing at best. I like to force players to the other team to stack the odds against myself in the same way. It helps me become a better player.
Also, you were likely being noobadouche as to why you were tked. I will also tk the shit out of noobs that are constantly broadbacking in my way and/or being obnoxiously noobish, in any of many ways.
I think you should nut-up and join the fun. instead of crying about lil' bs.
Thanks given by:
/ignore cn

best. thing. ever
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 14, 03:29AM)Boomhauer Wrote: I find their antics mildly amusing at best. I like to force players to the other team to stack the odds against myself in the same way. It helps me become a better player.
Also, you were likely being noobadouche as to why you were tked. I will also tk the shit out of noobs that are constantly broadbacking in my way and/or being obnoxiously noobish, in any of many ways.
I think you should nut-up and join the fun. instead of crying about lil' bs.

Are you serious?
Thanks given by:
You, Devy, have been spamming in one of the server. They have ENOUGH of your non-sense spams. So they decided to do their antics
Thanks given by:
I've seen these two in pubs for years and have never encountered any problem with them at all.
Thanks given by:
In what way have I been spamming, Bugboy? If I was, does that give them the right to teamkill me everytime I enter a server with them? Multiple times, I have attempted to play against them, free of any trouble and multiple times that has failed because I have been a victim of their "antics".

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about: because I challenge these two players who apparently above the rules of assaultcube, I get accused of being a noob and kick-voted for something I do not do. I can't see how you can allow anyone immunity over the rules I presume Jamz here has set out. As it stands, teamkilling is against the code of conduct of assaultcube. I was teamkilled because I would not do what they told me to do. Do you excuse this? Don't you think that they should at least create their own servers and tell people what to do there?

Jamz, I would appreciate it if you at least looked into what they are doing. I'm not the only one with problems against them. "I've seen them in pubs for years and have never encountered any problem at all with them". Do you mean to say that you know these individuals in real life or do you mean this as a metaphor for servers of assaultcube?
Do I need screenshots be sufficient to prove my point?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, proof would be good. Demos preferably.
Thanks given by:
Ok. Does anyone know how I can contact the server admin of "Bommy[ita] server 2"? I'm sure there will be some evidence in the server log...
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 14, 01:34PM)Dewy_Peters Wrote: Do you mean to say that you know these individuals in real life or do you mean this as a metaphor for servers of assaultcube?
Haha. No, not down my local; they're Italian. I'm referring to public servers.
There are no hard and fast rules regarding behaviour in AC, but obviously deliberate team killing is something we'd prefer not to see, and if I get many complaints, from multiple sources, about the same player/s, I'll see if I can do anything about it.
I commented here simply because I've never had a complaint about these guys and they've been playing for over two years.
Thanks given by:
This group of people vote abuse, and will teamkill admins/players they don't like.
Thanks given by:
I too remember them from years ago. It's only recently that they have been a problem. (I've been playing since October 2009 but stopped for a while).
Thanks given by:
Keep playing, if they enter the server that you are playing and do everything that you're saying, download the demo and share with us.
Thanks given by:
How to stop others from abusing Ban?

I have been playing good in a few games and 2 other players are threatening to ban me by complaining in the forum saying I am cheating when I am not. EXE.D.O.C and Flloby

Is it possible to ban someone even if they are not cheating. What about abusing good players like this by other players when we are playing good?

regards

Grinch
Thanks given by:
Make your own thread, Grinch, don't hijack someone else's.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 14, 08:58AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Are you serious?

Indeed...

What? Just trying to give the guy an honest answer.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure jamz should just go full dear leader on that ass. We've got all the rules in ac.
Thanks given by:
I've never noticed those two players teamkilling deliberately. They do abuse some people verbally if they suck (lol) but overal they have fairly adequate behaviour. I often see other players call vote-bans for them (KATE-MIDDLETON in particular) for headshot hacking, but I don't think she/he hacks. I've seen some admin (presumably PERROS) banning them for "inapropriate behaviour".
Thanks given by:
Ok, decided to check on this under disguise.
Thanks given by: