automatic sorry after a teamkill
Hey,

Sometimes you teamkill someone, I hate it to push 3 buttens to get sorry.
Is there a possebility to do that automatic.
If I teamkill someone i say automatic sorry?
Thanks given by:
I'm not a fan of people automatically saying sorry after a team kill. It takes the actual feel out of saying sorry. You can however bind a key to make it easier for you to activate the sorry voicecom however:

/bind f [ voicecom sorry "sorry" ]

You don't have to bind it to your f key, pick your favorite.
Thanks given by:
I knew that trick already.
I mean that I don't have to push a butten.
Thanks given by:
You meant a script?

http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=947

It doesn't work all the times. :(

also there's another one. I didnt tried yet.

http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1230
Thanks given by:
I have a nice script I haven't released yet.
I started it before 1.2 came out I just need to tweak it for release really.

Until then you should use the latter of those links.
Thanks given by:
My sorry script works in 1.2 I scripted it for 1.2.
PS: I have edited since (because I play a lot of gema). If you find any errors at all, let me know and I'll fix it.
Thanks given by:
Why this thread is in the help section? Haha...
@Back to the thread:
Yeah, i script will help you
Thanks given by:
@Skinny-Dog: No need. My script works: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1230
Thanks given by:
lol i wrote "i" instead of "a".
hey mousikos, try Bukz autosorry script! I was using it! But nice post.
Thanks given by:
Heard bukz script doesn't work in 1.2. That's why I wrote my own.
Thanks given by:
I can v42 in under 1/2 a second..
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 14, 04:08PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I can v42 in under 1/2 a second..

I can say sorry even without taking my hands off the controls while I'm getting fragged.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all for your help.
The script from Mousikes works fine.
Thanks given by:
mouSIKEs
Thanks given by:
Meh. I should just change my name to something four or five letters so people can't spell it wrong.
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 14, 07:12PM)Mousikos Wrote: I should just change my name...

Don't do that...
Thanks given by:
Srr, for your wrong name .
Was doing it quick.

Again for you:
Thanks Mousikos for the help
Thanks given by:
Please make the script so, that the name of the teamkilled player is also part of the "sry" message. That way, everyone can tell, that you are using such a script.

IMO, only an asshole would use such a script. If you frag a teammate, the least you can do, is to pause and press a button to say "sry". If you get fragged yourself during that pause - well, you shouldn't have fragged a teammate...

An automated sorry tells quite a few things about the player using it:
1) kills a lot of teammates (otherwise, he wouldn't need a script)
2) doesn't really care about it (otherwise, he wouldn't use a script)
3) can not be bothered to press a single button (otherwise, he wouldn't need a script)

I'm assuming, you want the script for playing public matches only, right? Since you rarely get asked to play clan matches with that kind of attitude...

Some sauer players use such scripts. Yes, most of them play like assholes...
Thanks given by:
Stef, this is for the most players. This is a steriotype. Please play with me and I proove that this isn't right!

Why is this thread not closed yet?
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 11:06AM)stef Wrote: Some sauer players use such scripts. Yes, most of them play like assholes...

They're actually embedded into a lot of Sauerbraten clients (SWLACC, CrasH, SuperSauer, wahnclient/etc all have it enabled).
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 14, 11:16PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote:
(23 Apr 14, 07:12PM)Mousikos Wrote: I should just change my name...

Don't do that...

TOO LATE, he did!
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 11:06AM)stef Wrote: Please make the script so, that the name of the teamkilled player is also part of the "sry" message. That way, everyone can tell, that you are using such a script.

IMO, only an asshole would use such a script. If you frag a teammate, the least you can do, is to pause and press a button to say "sry". If you get fragged yourself during that pause - well, you shouldn't have fragged a teammate...

An automated sorry tells quite a few things about the player using it:
1) kills a lot of teammates (otherwise, he wouldn't need a script)
2) doesn't really care about it (otherwise, he wouldn't use a script)
3) can not be bothered to press a single button (otherwise, he wouldn't need a script)

I'm assuming, you want the script for playing public matches only, right? Since you rarely get asked to play clan matches with that kind of attitude...

Some sauer players use such scripts. Yes, most of them play like assholes...
My script does include the name of the teammate. I honestly coded this script because I didn't say sorry until after I was not-engaged (ie. dead), and I felt like I wasn't saying sorry fast enough. So I wrote this script such that kick-happy players wouldn't try to kick me for a teamkill. I don't try to teamkill, but sometimes I have a bad day and no matter how hard I try not to, I seem to teamkill at least one or two people per game. Would you like me to code an on-off switch for the script?
Thanks given by:
Nonsense.
We should increase to 4 buttons.

What is easy is not given value.
Thanks given by:
I like to just V42 quickly..
Saves me "apologising" to people i mean to TK.. such as other TKers and team bleeders.
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 14, 07:01PM)-Subjective Wrote: Again for you:
Thanks Mousikos for the help

(30 May 14, 11:53AM)-Subjective Wrote: Why is this thread not closed yet?

Using the future sight I am so renowned for, I am stopping the upcoming flames.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 09:43PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I like to just V42 quickly..
Saves me "apologising" to people i mean to TK.. such as other TKers and team bleeders.

i prefer to type something like "sry", quite short but still a lot more meaningful than an automated message.
Also, sometimes, you don't feel like saying "sorry", because you're not. it can be your teammate fault, or you could have killed him on purpose, because for example, it was the only way to recover the flag quickly.

A few players use a script that sends the "I'm on your team man" voicecom everytime you /hit/ them while being in their team. For these users, i'd recommend you hit on sight, every time, to get them kicked for spamming.
Thanks given by: Mhtsos