Scroll pistol, sniper only
is there anyway to add to this script so scroll is only pistol/primary? the damn scroll on this mouse is more sensitive than my last one lol

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6660.html

I have asked someone via pm that I thought could figure it out but... '_'
I guess it is involved, and may cause trouble in modes like LSS, or something. But surely there is a way. i have nades and knife bound to extra mouse buttons, so its more efficient for scroll to be only pistol/primary for me. Might speed me up a bit, i need every advantage I can get considering I am a mediocre player at best ;-P
Thanks given by:
What kind of mouse do you have, You should be able to adjust the mouse's scroll wheel sensitivity.
Thanks given by:
I use this, not sure if it's what you want.
alias changeweapon [
    if (= (currentprimary) (curweapon)) [ weapon $arg1 ] [ primary ]
]

bind "MOUSE4" [
    if (|| $editing (! (alive))) [ universaldelta  1 ] [ changeweapon 0 ]
]
bind "MOUSE5" [
    if (|| $editing (! (alive))) [ universaldelta -1 ] [ changeweapon 1 ]
]
bind "MOUSE3" [ quicknadethrow ]
Thanks given by:
Not sure about that one j. There are some binds there at the bottom I definitely don't wanna use. lol but the top part? Idk... think there should be more exceptions probably, but I'm too ADD to script, so I don't k.ow for sure.

Also Versace: I have a Logitech G9x. It's my third one, because its my fave. The scroll tension is only slightly looser with this one, but I actually like the feel and the speed better...so I would rather just take everything out of the scroll menu but Primary/pistol. That is all.. :-}

Honestly I think this is a good idea for the next version, maybe adding a menu to choose weapons and order in the scroll. I will put that in the ideas thread if it's not already...later tho, I want to play :-D
Thanks given by:
aww, surely someone can do this?:-(
Thanks given by:
* DrauL calls upon his scripting knowledge!

It is not very effective.

* DrauL calls upon Bukz!
Thanks given by:
So you want a script or a mod for your mouse, removing the knife and only having the sniper and the pistol?! Nice, but where is the script?
Thanks given by:
(21 May 14, 02:26PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: So you want a script or a mod for your mouse, removing the knife and only having the sniper and the pistol?! Nice, but where is the script?

Therein lies the dilemma. There is no script. This is why I am asking for someone's help who can make the script..
Thanks given by:
BUMP! :-/
Thanks given by:
OK, OK. I thought long and hard about this.
Assuming you already have other ways of accessing the knife and nades, try this:
delta_game_0 = [sndtoggle]
Thanks given by:
If this does not change the "gameplay" then Graziano jumping should also be accepted.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 10:54PM)1Cap Wrote: If this does not change the "gameplay" then Graziano jumping should also be accepted.

This has nothing to do with gameplay. Modifying the speed/length of the jump via a bind is a gameplay modification. Whereas this is the exact same thing as, say, changing your keybinds to use the arrows instead of WASD.
Thanks given by:
Can you use the keyboard instead? I use Q and E for changing weapons.

You can also try to bind Q for primary and E for secondary.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, do you think it's OK to use these? (pseudocode for simplicity):
/bind MOUSE4 [toggle between pistol and primary weapon]
/bind MOUSE5 [toggle between pistol and primary weapon]
It is just changing the actions linked to the scroll wheel from their default (scroll to the next weapon) to something else (scroll to the pistol/primary depending on what is currently being wielded). My line does it in a way that doesn't affect scrolling while editing or spectating.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 09:34PM)jamz Wrote: OK, OK. I thought long and hard about this.
Assuming you already have other ways of accessing the knife and nades, try this:
delta_game_0 = [sndtoggle]

This did it. And as soon as I thought I was starting to understand cubescript.....
It baffles me as to why this worx, but screw it, it does. THANKS JAMZ!!!
Thanks given by:
Noob request.... can somebody say how to use or install that script/mod? It doesn't works in my computer... help? Boomhauer? jamz?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 14, 01:49PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Noob request.... can somebody say how to use or install that script/mod? It doesn't works in my computer... help? Boomhauer? jamz?

not ure what you mean. if you put it in the autoexec.cfg, then remove it... ;?
Thanks given by:
I was saying: How to use correctly that script, i put it in the autoexec and scripts file but it doesn't works... So? What's wrong?
Thanks given by:
This will work perfectly on a default config. If, however, you've already modified your MOUSE4 or MOUSE5 binds, or messed with scripts.cfg, it won't.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 14, 07:26AM)jamz Wrote: This will work perfectly on a default config. If, however, you've already modified your MOUSE4 or MOUSE5 binds, or messed with scripts.cfg, it won't.

I put it in the config/autoexec.cfg file.. doesn't works... config/scripts.cfg... same problem... the scripts/0.cfg... nope... and MOUSE 4 and 5 are ok.

//Edit: OMG... this problem was fixed!!!! Now it works!!!! Thanks jamz, ur a pro in this :)
Thanks given by: