I now control AssaultCube?
I'm going to ban all of you!

No, but seriously. Out of the 5 or 6 servers the MS sends me, three of them are mine, the other ones all idle out. I put up the third server really to test to see if people just couldn't register with the MS, but it worked. I will put up more servers if I have to, but unfortunately, all servers are hosted on the same VPS and I don't want to set up more servers and degrade the server quality for the other servers. Anyone know what's going on?
Thanks given by:
Thats odd, I get a huge list of available Servers.
Thanks given by:
Ur on the wrong version maybe? 1.2.0.2 bruv
Thanks given by:
No he's not the only one, my cache was wiped out and only 3 (of 6) servers show up/reply (and yes, I'm using 1.2.0.2)

also: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7464.html
Thanks given by:
But I am curious why yours are registering and no one else can get their servers to register?
Strange for sure...
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 02:08AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: But I am curious why yours are registering and no one else can get their servers to register?
Strange for sure...

There's a reason why and it isn't entirely coincidental.
Thanks given by:
Quote:But I am curious why yours are registering and no one else can get their servers to register?
Strange for sure...

I was wondering the same thing...

Quote:There's a reason why and it isn't entirely coincidental.

Care to elaborate? :)
Thanks given by:
Quote:But I am curious why yours are registering and no one else can get their servers to register?

I also get the message: can't register to masterserver or something like that, but when i type the direct connect to the public server it works...
It is just not shown in the serverlist.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 11:32AM)Todesgurke Wrote:

I also get the message: can't register to masterserver or something like that, but when i type the direct connect to the public server it works...
It is just not shown in the serverlist.

Im pretty sure someone's already said this before, but you don't have to have a master server to play ac. It's only there to display the servers you can connect to.
Thanks given by:
it is fudged up though. **wink(the other winkpffft J/K
Thanks given by:
I need some direct connection details then. cos i aint waiting to play desent or great maps when the only servers that are on the list wont allow you to upload them but if you manage to upload a map the admin guy either bans, kicks or makes it so you cant upload a map and he wiped the map i did send, off his server.
Thanks given by:
I didn't ban or kick you. I /did/ turn off uploading because everyone wants to upload camper/twintowers, and I'm trying to find a way to blanket block those maps. I'm still working on a maprot.
Thanks given by:
you banned and kicked others for just silly things. you told me to either play or disconnetct from the server cos i was taking up space, yet you were spectateing. lol.
Thanks given by:
I was admin connect, after the server was already full killerjoe. And I banned people for being known asshats because I like a clean server. What silly things did I kick people for?
Thanks given by:
there are no servers atall now.
and mousikos carry on thinking what you think cos people are only using your server as a last resort cos if the master server was replying your server would be empty.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 03:00PM)Mousikos Wrote: I'm trying to find a way to blanket block those maps. I'm still working on a maprot.

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html

see the -A command, you may found useful the next command -Mcurd.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 04:03PM)MPx Wrote:
(01 Feb 14, 03:00PM)Mousikos Wrote: I'm trying to find a way to blanket block those maps. I'm still working on a maprot.

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html

see the -A command, you may found useful the next command -Mcurd.

Yeah I think XRD said something about -NA. Didn't understand it too well, working on it. I'm currently -M, which defaults to CUR right now. I don't want to block /all/ map uploads, exactly. I'm thinking of doing something like what RK does on fester so that only admins can upload OR just blocking camper and twintowers.

(01 Feb 14, 03:48PM)killerjoe Wrote: there are no servers atall now.
and mousikos carry on thinking what you think cos people are only using your server as a last resort cos if the master server was replying your server would be empty.

Thank you I will. I don't run a server because I want a popular server. I just want a quiet place with decent maps. Still working on that last part.

Edit: By the way, you can use the DES ones if you don't want me dicking around with it. Although I /can/ dick around with it, he (and DES) is technically my boss with that regard so it's with his settings and not mine. I also don't kick/ban people on those two as much because they aren't technically my servers and I have to defer to DES' judgement. If there's anything you don't like about that server, talk to DES|twist and he will let me know, or he will change things himself.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 03:48PM)killerjoe Wrote: and mousikos carry on thinking what you think cos people are only using your server as a last resort cos if the master server was replying your server would be empty.

instead of attacking people why not try to read the feedback in the other thread
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 14, 07:11PM)Cemer Wrote:
(01 Feb 14, 03:48PM)killerjoe Wrote: and mousikos carry on thinking what you think cos people are only using your server as a last resort cos if the master server was replying your server would be empty.

instead of attacking people why not try to read the feedback in the other thread

link?
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7210-post...#pid142727

-McURD
-ATwinTowers_2013
-ATwinTowers_2014
-Acamper
-Acamper-original
-Aac_douze_redux
Thanks given by: