CBGaming | Giving Away and Hosting AssaultCube Servers!
Well I'll take a free server. Password: chaos
Thanks given by:
All of the free servers have been taken! Guess if anyone wants one theyl just have to order or maybe seduce me into giving them one for free ;D
Thanks given by:
If there are no free servers left, Ethiixx, could you please remove your contact details. We wouldn't want people to think you were advertising a paid service on the forums, would we?
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 09:31AM)jamz Wrote: If there are no free servers left, Ethiixx, could you please remove your contact details. We wouldn't want people to think you were advertising a paid service on the forums, would we?

I thought it was okay as long as I give some on the money towards the AC Devs which I am happy to do.
Thanks given by:
Well, you were wrong.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 11:04AM)jamz Wrote: Well, you were wrong.

Guess you dont want donations then :)
Thanks given by:
http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/donate/
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 12:45PM)OpenSource Wrote: http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/donate/

So you demand me to take away my service I am offering but you expect me to give you money instead> Yeah good job, didn't realise how selfish and rude people on these forums are.
Thanks given by:
They already have donations. Have you not seen my thresd?
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 01:41PM)DrauL Wrote: They already have donations. Have you not seen my thresd?

I have seen your thread, got up to 200 dollars which is great.
However Im talking about hey jamz just expects me to stop what im providing because he doesn't get anything out of it, just seems really selfish.
Thanks given by:
No its just that its illegal to make money off of an open source application.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 03:19PM)DrauL Wrote: No its just that its illegal to make money off of an open source application.

Not quite true. Its illegal to sell AC or use it for commercial use iirc. Hosting a paid service is not against the rules. The difference is with the advertising. Advertising for a paid service is against the forum rules:

(22 Oct 10, 03:35PM)The Rules Wrote: 27. Advertising for a for-profit product or service is forbidden except with special permission from the forum admins.
Thanks given by:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for-profit is a loose term. If he's offering server hosting for $1 that surely would help alleviate the cost of running servers and not actually generate profit. Now I'm no lawyer or accountant, but the wording is not super clear in that regard.
Thanks given by:
Can't tell if I got the last free server or not. lol
Thanks given by:
You could remove the advertisement in your thread?
From the beginning his intention was purely commercial.
I was sure, that's why I did not accept the server.

Well, remove the Advertisement immediately!

I am reporting your initial post.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 03:16PM)Ethiixx Wrote: ...Im talking about hey jamz just expects me to stop what im providing...
Could you please point out the part where I expected you to stop providing a service? I expect you to stop advertising a paid service on these forums, nothing more.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 04:54PM)Waffles Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but for-profit is a loose term. If he's offering server hosting for $1 that surely would help alleviate the cost of running servers and not actually generate profit. Now I'm no lawyer or accountant, but the wording is not super clear in that regard.

Well, I suppose that rule should be reworded then shouldn't it. I don't think the technicalities matter too much though.
Thanks given by:
waffles i still dont know if i can get admin on your server :(
Thanks given by:
Okay 1cap you report me, didnt realise thats how pathetic you were.

Anyway sure I will stop supposedly advertise something that is giving back to the community and can possible give you a few dollars in appreciation for letting me do this. I said I would happily donate some of the money I get, should I recieve any but yet you still all have a rage at me. Not too sure about some of your logic when I am firstly, not making profit, but using the money to keep the servers running and secondly, using the other half to donate to AC.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 01:09PM)Ethiixx Wrote: ... didn't realise how selfish and rude people on these forums are.
(06 Feb 14, 11:22PM)Ethiixx Wrote: Okay 1cap you report me, didnt realise thats how pathetic you were.

You will not open this precedent here. The community does not need commercial advertising here on the forum. This is not the purpose of this forum.
Thanks given by:
Good thing I wasnt commercial advertising then.
Thanks given by:
The rule is modified.

(22 Oct 10, 03:35PM)The Rules Wrote: 27. Advertising for a paid product or service is forbidden except with special permission from the forum admins.

Consider this your warning.
Thanks given by:
If you dislike this forum/community so much, why are you still here? Don't you have better things to do? Oh wait..nevermind.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 11:43PM)1Cap Wrote:
(06 Feb 14, 01:09PM)Ethiixx Wrote: ... didn't realise how selfish and rude people on these forums are.
(06 Feb 14, 11:22PM)Ethiixx Wrote: Okay 1cap you report me, didnt realise thats how pathetic you were.

You will not open this precedent here. The community does not need commercial advertising here on the forum. This is not the purpose of this forum.

This is the best post in this entire thread.

(06 Feb 14, 05:15AM)Ethiixx Wrote: All of the free servers have been taken! Guess if anyone wants one theyl just have to order or maybe seduce me into giving them one for free ;D

You didn't even tell me what my server is called, or what the IP address/port is.
Thanks given by:
Lol you people.

Mousikos you did not read my reply, I said to fill out the information and send it to me via PM.
Thanks given by:
(07 Feb 14, 01:01AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: The rule is modified.

(22 Oct 10, 03:35PM)The Rules Wrote: 27. Advertising for a paid product or service is forbidden except with special permission from the forum admins.

Consider this your warning.

so if he gets "special permission", he gets to advertise. i'm sure if he was buddy-buddy with certain people, he would be allowed to do so.

if you don't think advertisement for paid services is appropriate under any circumstances, then why give yourselves the power to allow it? all you're doing is setting a dangerous precedent

i don't know why i'm even questioning this, considering you can make whatever ridiculous rules you want and nobody is around to check you.

(07 Feb 14, 03:04AM)Casius Wrote: If you dislike this forum/community so much, why are you still here?

believe it or not, some people are here because they like the game. myself, i don't have much respect for many of the users here. hate the player love the game
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 14, 07:47PM)1Cap Wrote: You could remove the advertisement in your thread?
Yeah, he was secretly planning to swindle us of all our money with his $1 per month servers.

I don't think there's much problem with advertising AC-related services. Especially when they're cheap.
Thanks given by:
(07 Feb 14, 11:36AM)Orynge Wrote:
(06 Feb 14, 07:47PM)1Cap Wrote: You could remove the advertisement in your thread?
Yeah, he was secretly planning to swindle us of all our money with his $1 per month servers.

I don't think there's much problem with advertising AC-related services. Especially when they're cheap.

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
Ethiixx, I've edited your first post. Please don't modify it again yourself, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Wow, pathetic.
Now I realise why so many people dislike you.
I dont see why anyone would give you any form of power when you abuse it.
Thanks for ruining my offer of service. Do you want to go blacklist my severs too, will that go increase your ego some more?
Thanks given by: