CBGaming | Giving Away and Hosting AssaultCube Servers!
UPDATE

I have moved the servers to Los Angeles, USA.
I hope this location is more accesible for others, as NE USA was a rather odd location and had slightly high pings.
Thanks given by:
Just curious, what host are you with?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 14, 07:02AM)Casius Wrote: Just curious, what host are you with?

Hi Casius, we are with BudgetVM.

You can check them out here: https://www.budgetvm.com/
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 14, 10:43AM)Ethiixx Wrote:

Would you like server specs also?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 14, 05:59AM)Ethiixx Wrote:
(27 Jan 14, 10:43AM)Ethiixx Wrote:

Would you like server specs also?

I have tried them before and didn't like them because of network issues. Specs would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have been with a few VPS providers, my last one was fantastic but they moved their servers to Canada and the ping is terrible for me now. The specs are in the this screen shot here.

http://gyazo.com/12e9b369ce3d90a029a546d7b20a2fa8
Thanks given by:
One server has been given to QG|Exodus, called Qualified Gamers 24/7!
You can find it on the MS list now :)
Thanks given by:
Still got 2 servers to give away :)
Thanks given by:
I...would not sign up for your service for a few reasons.

1) No uptime guarantee
2) You are selling a limited-access process on your server. Consdering all you are doing seems to be doing creating another serverpwd.cfg or whatever it's called, it's hardly worth it.
3) You are just giving admin password to AC server it seems, which means you have server access and can modify things without our consent. We don't have server access to check what you do.
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 14, 02:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: I...would not sign up for your service for a few reasons.

1) No uptime guarantee
2) You are selling a limited-access process on your server. Consdering all you are doing seems to be doing creating another serverpwd.cfg or whatever it's called, it's hardly worth it.
3) You are just giving admin password to AC server it seems, which means you have server access and can modify things without our consent. We don't have server access to check what you do.

Uptime is based on when the VPS is online, so that is always.

Yes that is all we are doing, why would you need to have anything else? If any other requests are made to the server we do it for them, you dont need to have full control of the VPS, that would be a bad i dea to give people the details for it, as they might play aorund with the VPS.

We dont have any reason to modify someones server without their consent, If someone asks for a specific server then we will give it to them.

To me it just sounds like you have trust issues :)
Thanks given by:
Actually, what if the user wants to modify their blacklist, whitelist, or server arguments. Having to wait on you would be a pain.

Also, it's not that hard to make a user only able to modify one folder.
Thanks given by:
The trust issues bit was a joke just so you know.

Thats not a bad Idea Phantom, might look into doing that.
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 14, 08:03PM)Ethiixx Wrote:
(03 Feb 14, 02:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: I...would not sign up for your service for a few reasons.

1) No uptime guarantee

Uptime is based on when the VPS is online, so that is always.

Yes that is all we are doing, why would you need to have anything else? If any other requests are made to the server we do it for them, you dont need to have full control of the VPS, that would be a bad i dea to give people the details for it, as they might play aorund with the VPS.

We dont have any reason to modify someones server without their consent, If someone asks for a specific server then we will give it to them.

To me it just sounds like you have trust issues :)

The VPS doesn't have 100% uptime either, sometimes it will be down for maintenance or sometimes it gets attacked.

What do you mean give people full control of the VPS? We don't need full control of the VPS. We need a user and no sudo privileges. You just have to make sure things are chmod-ed correctly. Do you not know how to use linux?
Thanks given by:
No it doesnt have 100% Uptime youre right, however I would say it has 99% Uptime, weve had one crash but that was resolved ASAP. Also the VPS Is running off Windows Server 2012.
Thanks given by:
Wait. So basically you bought a VPS and are asking $1/mo/server? Is anyone ever going to take up that offer?

With six servers hosted with you have 0 operation cost and AC doesn't seem to be very resource intensive... Okay.

Why are you running a Windows server instead of a linux server (just curious)?
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 14, 09:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Wait. So basically you bought a VPS and are asking $1/mo/server? Is anyone ever going to take up that offer?

With six servers hosted with you have 0 operation cost and AC doesn't seem to be very resource intensive... Okay.

Why are you running a Windows server instead of a linux server (just curious)?

Someone might, It doesn't bother me if no one wants it, its there in the future for any new people who would like a server.
Okay seriously stop making assumptions, at what point did I say that it had 0 operation cost? I pay a monthly fee to have the VPS running so even 1 dollar helps out to pay towards the VPS, also I intend to put a portion of it towards AC to help out the Devs.

We are running a windows server because it is easier to set up servers for us, due to the ability of being able to us VNC, also we have a RuneScape private server running on there that is managed by a friend and it was his preference, it is intended for the RSPS, however the AC servers and the offer to provide them is an extra.
Thanks given by:
I'm still trying to understand why this guy is having this heap of shit (without taking into account the amount of time he claims to be playing this game).

He is offering a service, it's up to you to take it or leave it. You want it, buy it. You don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

This is basically a re selling, at a lower price, that in the long run will be profitable even so whatever are his operations costs or his profit is non of our business, give him a break...
Thanks given by:
0 operation cost because the lowest VPS is around $5.99 so 6 servers at 1 dollar each would cover your operational cost essentially bringing it down to 0. I apologize for assuming you took the lowest priced VPS.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that TheNihilanth, glad you understand where we are coming from. But yes I have been around for a few years as hard as it may be to believe :)

Mousikos, the CBGaming servers are run by us, we don't get paid to run our own servers (as amazing as that would be) so there is no 6 dollar profit. We currently have one person who has a server with us, which can be seen on our server list here at http://cbgaming.info/servers , we are also not charging him any fee to run the server as we said we are giving away a handful of servers.

The VPS Costs 12.50 USD P/m, however we are planning to increase the size so the price will probably go up to 25USD P/m in the future.
Thanks given by:
You have the underlying statement that you are trying to give back to the community.

All you need to do is donate and play. None of this have a free server crap. If you have been here for 3 years you would know that 75% at least of the server list is unused.

In NZ and Aus? Use gibbed.me.
In America? Theres more than needed.

Need a TS? Well there's w00p, BoB, PB etc.
Thanks given by:
The VPS Is not used just for AC servers.
Neither are the TS Servers, they are used mostly for Garrys Mod, CoD4 and other games.
Also some people like the feeling of having their own server, I like the feeling of seeing my server on a list, it feels great.
Thanks given by:
So you have superiority complex?
Thanks given by:
Are you on OpenVZ?
Thanks given by:
Again, you're just trying to argue DrauL, go do something better with your time.
No I dont believe so Casius.
Thanks given by:
I would like a free match server with 16 slots.

The title of said server need be Tits'n'Waffles in pretty colors.

Thanks in advance. I'd like my admin password to be ***** (literally just 5 asterisks, its my pw to everything)
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 14, 04:03AM)Waffles Wrote: I would like a free match server with 16 slots.

The title of said server need be Tits'n'Waffles in pretty colors.

Thanks in advance. I'd like my admin password to be ***** (literally just 5 asterisks, its my pw to everything)

On it ;)
Thanks given by:
I'm about 100% certain Waffles was kidding :p
Thanks given by:
Too bad, hes getting it. >:D
Thanks given by:
Completely serious
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 14, 07:05PM)Waffles Wrote: Completely serious

Can i have admin on your server pls?
Thanks given by: