CBGaming | Giving Away and Hosting AssaultCube Servers!
Every business relationship is based on a trusting relationship.
It is natural to seek information about you and about your service.

(This is the game of "alias" - welcome).

* Try to understand a bit about what DrauL said. (focus and understanding)

* Read the posts, everything. Get to know the game and its players.

A tip: Be participative. Try to add to the comunity.

Maybe a thread Example:

Hello, I'm starting a new clan in the game. We have a long road ahead, but we rely on the help of all.
I'm offering 3 free servers for the community. Please look for me on the site ......
If the community want more, we have to provide others with low cost.
Happy Fragging!
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot for the advice, it means a lot.
I will try my best to follow these.

Are you still interested in a server?
Thanks given by:
When I activated your account on the forums, I had to check out if you were a real person first; we get a lot of spam accounts. After reading the info on your Steam account, it was pretty obvious (although "Dr_Fapulous :3"'s comment worried me a little).
However, this...
(24 Jan 14, 06:52PM)Ethiixx Wrote: I have been around for a couple of years now...

(25 Jan 14, 01:09AM)Ethiixx Wrote: Like I said at the very beginning, I have been around for 3 years now...
...surprises me. I couldn't find any recent online in-game activity (before Wednesday), but I did see your name used one day in December 2012, and one day in February last year. Is this your definition of 'been around'?
Please be honest, as you seem to be asking for a little bit of trust, whilst not being 100% truthful up front.
Also, can you try to avoid quoting the entirety of someone's post when replying. All the scrolling is trying for me.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 11:54AM)jamz Wrote: Also, can you try to avoid quoting the entirety of someone's post when replying. All the scrolling is trying for me.

Tiring*
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 11:54AM)jamz Wrote: When I activated your account on the forums, I had to check out if you were a real person first; we get a lot of spam accounts. After reading the info on your Steam account, it was pretty obvious (although "Dr_Fapulous :3"'s comment worried me a little).
However, this....

Hi Jamz, thanks for approving my account.
Ah yes the story behind Dr_Fapulous is rather interesting, I remember him screaming at us through his mic one night when he was playing on our Counter Strike:Source server, and he wasn't able to kill anybody and was accusing us of hacking, he didn't seem to realize he had a ping of 300 +. he couldn't let it go and sent me that rather long message, I would usually delete a message like that but I find it quite funny so I thought I would keep it.

Yes I started playing AC back in 2011, I have changed Alias a few times since then and I was quite quiet on servers too, I would not lie about something like that.

And I will remember that note :)
Thanks given by:
What was your other aliases if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 12:21PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: What was your other aliases if you don't mind me asking?

eTHiiXx

toast909

toast909_

Toasty

Thats all I can remember. :)
Thanks given by:
On a scale of 1 to Powdered Toast Man, how much do you like toast?

Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 12:43PM)DrauL Wrote: On a scale of 1 to Powdered Toast Man, how much do you like toast?

My god that's beautiful.
Thanks given by:
I'm still trying to understand why this guy got so much shit.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 02:15PM)Orynge Wrote: I'm still trying to understand why this guy got so much shit.

Did we do something wrong maybe?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 14, 11:52PM)Ethiixx Wrote:
(24 Jan 14, 07:28PM)Marti Wrote: I'd like a server with slot size 20

Please re read the maximum slot size.

qq too izi
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 03:01AM)Ethiixx Wrote: Well what would recommend we do?
I am just giving a service to the community and everyone seems to act so aggressive towards us because of it, I don't understand what the problem is that you have.

Welcome to the AssaultCube community, newbies don't really get much respect around here.

Thanks given by:
You don't simply get respect, you have to earn it.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 09:20PM)Rainbow Wrote:
(25 Jan 14, 03:01AM)Ethiixx Wrote: Well what would recommend we do?
I am just giving a service to the community and everyone seems to act so aggressive towards us because of it, I don't understand what the problem is that you have.

Welcome to the AssaultCube community, newbies don't really get much respect around here.

Haha, fair enough.
I understand that respect must be gained, I just hope people will take up our offer of service should they want a server :)
Thanks given by:
Hey, Ethixx...
Let me apologize here....
I did not intend for you to feel like I was being so 'hostile.'
I cannot speak for everyone here, but let me step back, and say 'welcome to the forums...'
I am yet as noob as any, and so i don't mean for you to feel like I held you to scathing criticism...
Good luck here, and again, welcome to the forums...
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 07:46AM)DrauL Wrote: Undead, you seem to always complain of "elitism" but you consider yourself in the "elitists".
GGWP

no i don't
Thanks given by:
$.25 final offer.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 14, 02:26AM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: Hey, Ethixx...
Let me apologize here....
I did not intend for you to feel like I was being so 'hostile.'
I cannot speak for everyone here, but let me step back, and say 'welcome to the forums...'
I am yet as noob as any, and so i don't mean for you to feel like I held you to scathing criticism...
Good luck here, and again, welcome to the forums...

Thanks a lot +f0r3v3r+, that means a lot to us.
Yes if we do gain a substantial amount of money from hosting servers, we will gladly donate to support the AC Community, it would only be fair to give back.

Glad to be here.

(26 Jan 14, 02:30AM)Waffles Wrote: $.25 final offer.

We still have 3 servers to be given away for free if you would like to take on of those.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 14, 08:14PM)Marti Wrote:
(24 Jan 14, 07:44PM)killerjoe Wrote: Hay. the topic says your giving away servers yet your asking for a payment via paypal. so are thay free or what?

theyre free for 1 dollar

OK
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 14, 12:11PM)killerjoe Wrote:
(24 Jan 14, 08:14PM)Marti Wrote:
(24 Jan 14, 07:44PM)killerjoe Wrote: Hay. the topic says your giving away servers yet your asking for a payment via paypal. so are thay free or what?

theyre free for 1 dollar

OK

Hey Killer, feel free to send me a PM, I still have some servers I am giving away for free :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 14, 02:15PM)Orynge Wrote: I'm still trying to understand why this guy got so much shit.
Because he's lying to the community about the amount of time he's played AC, which is literally a couple of times in 2 years. I have no idea why, which is why I hoped he'd be a little bit more honest. I can't imagine it's an attempt to sell his servers to a group of gamers who play a free game; he can't be that stupid.
Thanks given by:
why not try working your way up in larger games? i mean its nice that you are offering it, but to whom really?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 14, 04:32PM)jamz Wrote:
Because he's lying to the community about the amount of time he's played AC, which is literally a couple of times in 2 years. I have no idea why, which is why I hoped he'd be a little bit more honest. I can't imagine it's an attempt to sell his servers to a group of gamers who play a free game; he can't be that stupid.

I never lied about how long I have played AC For, I dont know where you got that assumption from, I used to play on the NZ Servers all the time back when they were up but they're gone now, I dont know how else to prove to you Im not lying but I am not.
Thanks given by:
They were up like a half year ago?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 14, 08:38PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: They were up like a half year ago?

Didnt play much back then so I didnt know when they went down, any reason why they did?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 14, 09:05PM)Ethiixx Wrote:
(26 Jan 14, 08:38PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: They [kiwi.ac servers] were up like a half year ago?

Didnt play much back then so I didnt know when they went down, any reason why they did?

I used to own and operate the kiwi.ac AssaultCube servers. I closed them, because for the same/lesser price, I could host just as good a server in USA, that people would actually play on.

It's too bad, because I had a really, really good deal on a VPS in NZ, which I lost by going elsewhere (it was a grandfathered offer). I was paying about $33/mth to have 300GB bandwidth (10gb HDD/256MB RAM), in a high-quality datacentre on the North Shore (closest to USA links).

NOTE: Bandwidth in NZ is really expensive... that same data centre, would charge me $112.50/mth (though, they used to charge at about $300/mth) at todays rates...

I've replaced the servers with http://gibbed.me - I had researched carefully for the *BEST* server available in US, that from NZ/Aus, would give:
* The lowest pings.
* The most reliable packet delivery.
* The least ping hops.
* 10GbE or better (anything less is a joke).

This is why my servers are now hosted in Freemont, CA (and not in say, San Fran/LA... or worse, Dallas/NY/etc).
Thanks given by:
I would mu8ch rather go with a NZ provider, however the cost are quite expensive.

http://www.hostinz.net.nz/cloud-servers/
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 14, 02:50AM)Ethiixx Wrote: I would mu8ch rather go with a NZ provider, however the cost are quite expensive.

http://www.hostinz.net.nz/cloud-servers/

* No physical address and/or phone number publically visable (only in whois).
* Tacky website.
* Obviously a reseller.

If I was looking for a server, I wouldn't trust that provider. I was using http://rimuhosting.com
Thanks given by:
I have had a VPS from the for a while, it worked fantastically.
I also had a couple of CounterStrike servers with them too, had a ping of 18 on average from Wellington. Their servers are hosted from a datacentre in Auckland and their office is down in Nelson, theyre very reliable and friendly people. I stopped my servers with them however due to the expensive prices.

As for theVPS, you can have custom specs, you dont have to go with what they have on the page, plus you get unlimited bandwidth which was useful for us.
Thanks given by: