worst servers?
starting the new version I have observed that the ping of Brazilian players soared.
What I can not understand is that the servers are hosted at the same addresses ... same cities and ips ...
Simply there was an increase of over 60% in the pings!

I know that the offer of servers decreased ... but those who work are in trouble with Brazilian IPS?

Seeing the statistical game download I observed that more than 80% are Brazilian.
The only clan that created a server thinking in South America players was the -dyH

But the strange thing is the same servers the previous version with a 60% increase in pings ...
Thanks given by:
[Image: Tin_foil_hat_3.png]
They're on to you hermanos.
Thanks given by:
Brazillian internet connectivity, has always been poor, at best.

Seriously, don't host a server in Brazil. Host it in the USA and play from Brazil.

Pings from NZ to Brazil are about 600.
Thanks given by:
Gibbed.me

Plenty of servers, just need to know where to find them.

EDIT: I'm located in South Africa and get better ping in euro servers (180-210) than the Americas (250+)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 14, 09:36PM)Rainbow Wrote: Gibbed.me

Plenty of servers, just need to know where to find them.

EDIT: I'm located in South Africa and get better ping in euro servers (180-210) than the Americas (250+)

Maybe because Europe is closer to South Africa?
Thanks given by:
Just like brazil is closer to America.

Genius.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 14, 09:01PM)1Cap Wrote: Seeing the statistical game download I observed that more than 80% are Brazilian.

All of your observances can be explained by the Brazilian internet structure. They hand out lots of IPs and you frequently get a new IP. This is why sourceforge thinks that 80% of AC players are Brazilian. Brazil also just in general has bad internet (at least to the rest of the world), so Brazilian servers won't work too well outside of brazil, as well as the players won't get as good of ping outside of brazil.

The second part may be a bit wrong, its only based off of my observances.
Thanks given by:
So, Well, if the ip is Brazilian, so players are Brazilian.
What can happen is that the same player download the game again with another IP.
But still remains Brazilian;)

Even though many of these are the same players, this number is still very expressive! And this is the point to which I refer.
I think it's important to have a good server for Brazilians and players from other countries play together.

If anyone has information on where would be best to host a server, tell here. It would be great and the Brazilians and brothers in South America would thank;)

---
I did some tests but the AC scripts use very much of the processor ...
I'll get some IPS hosting here from Brazil, so you guys can do some testing of speed and stability.
Thanks given by:
Latin America have the worst Internet service of the world.. is a fact.

make a research
Thanks given by:
RonRea is right, the problem is with Brazilian internet infrastructure, Brazil has deal with around 100 million user (and growing) with less than 20% of bandwidth capacity than the USA has, so basically our internet sux but, it's getting much better. There is a new law going around that ISPs will have to provide at least 80% of the nominal capacity, something that they do no do it. That's the other problem, you buy a 15mbs plan an at 8pm you will get 1mbs tops, caus IPSs sell way more plans than they can handle making the overall connection horrible, same happens with Argentina and I imagine with many other latin american countries...
Thanks given by:
Brazil gets 140 low on my Florida servers. I created it for Americans and south Americans to play with each other.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 14, 05:46AM)bballn45 Wrote: Brazil gets 140 low on my Florida servers. I created it for Americans and south Americans to play with each other.
Ty for letting us know
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 14, 11:59PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: so Brazilian servers won't work too well outside of brazil

No, I'm sure they work just as badly inside Brazil.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 14, 01:19AM)mpx Wrote: Latin America have the worst Internet service of the world.. is a fact.

make a research

my brothers out there in africa have it much worse
Thanks given by:
It is possible in some countries of Africa that they have internet but not water?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 14, 08:37AM)Undead Wrote: my brothers out there in africa have it much worse

Not sure about Africa as a whole, in Angola the internet is not all that bad, I lived there for 6 months and it was quite decent, I have a hard time over here in Brazil between 5-10pm than at anytime over there...
I guess they have horrible infrastructure too but, way less user than Latin America.
Thanks given by:
well there are a few aspects that can limit a DSL connection, the first factor is the quality of the connection with your dslam (which is probably terrible or non-existent in many african countries).
however this should not be the problem in big cities and it's not surprising that you can get pretty goods connections in such countries there as far as your provider network is good. and it's more likely to be the case if very few people have internet access through this network which is prolly the case in angola;
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 14, 08:37AM)Undead Wrote: my brothers out there in africa have it much worse
Affirmative, here we can see the internet users in 2012 as a percentage of a country's population:
[Image: 580px-InternetPenetrationWorldMap.svg.png]
But 345 million still without water access...
(I think to childrens in Africa like Wolf now).
Thanks given by:
In SA you can get up to a 10mb line.

I have a shitty 1mb line and way better ping than most Brazilians.

So the issue isn't lack of decent internet, it's just overpriced as fk.
Thanks given by:
Hey - dyH servers - like 160 ping \0/ ty guys!
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 14, 05:02PM)Luc@s Wrote: well there are a few aspects that can limit a DSL connection, the first factor is the quality of the connection with your dslam (which is probably terrible or non-existent in many african countries).

Many Australian exchanges do not have DSLAMs in them at all.
Thanks given by:
Where I live, I can't get dsl (too far from the DSLAM out in the country by farmland lol) but there are several Wireless ISPs luckily so I get pretty good speeds.
I get ~50-120ping on US servers, 160 on Japanese servers (theres been a few on AC), 160-230 in Europe, etc.
Edit: forgot to mention I get ~80ms to my servers in Dallas TX
Thanks given by:
Any server with a crap admin..
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 14, 12:39AM)Jg99 Wrote: Where I live, I can't get dsl (too far from the DSLAM out in the country by farmland lol) but there are several Wireless ISPs luckily so I get pretty good speeds.
I get ~50-120ping on US servers, 160 on Japanese servers (theres been a few on AC), 160-230 in Europe, etc.
Edit: forgot to mention I get ~80ms to my servers in Dallas TX

You are too far from an exchange - the DSLAM is in the exchange.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 14, 04:25AM)DrauL Wrote: You are too far from an exchange - the DSLAM is in the exchange.

I know that, but I think people know what I mean lol. I'm like barely too far though. If i was like a couple thousand feet closer to the exchange I could get dsl, but the funny part is, theres a street near me (closer to the highway but farther from the exchange then me) that gets DSL (only 1.5mbits lol, probably using a repeater). so another factor is probably the lines are really old here
Thanks given by:
It's mostly just different ways to say the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised to find the Aussies have it all bass ackward, but in the US, with ATT (and their lessees) as an example, the DSLAM might be based at a central office (which contains exchanges), or at a remote terminal that talks to the CO over fibre. In any case, the important part is the loop length, the distance we have to travel over copper to reach the customer. Since a signal attenuates relatively quickly over copper, it can't go too awfully far without being repeated by some form of powered equipment. If someone's more than a few miles out, reliable service can't be provided. This fact remains whether we talk about it in terms of distance from the DSLAM itself or from where the DSLAM lives.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but the point is I don't see that there's anything to argue about.
Thanks given by:
I am not arguing :3

I do not know the american way of measuring kilometres or how to convert it so bear that in mind.
Jack, I shall explain how the Aussie ISP's do it if you in return explain how the Americanos do it :)

(Copper example)

Here, you have a house, say my house.

H

then, you have a lead in from the house to a pit in your street, say 2-4 houses a pit sometimes more depending on where that person lives.

H --> P

Now the copper from those houses all meets up at the pit and then goes from the pit to the exchange. My house is not on a RIM between myself and the exchange. A tool we use at work called SSS Cable Checker (about 10% of you thought "ahhhh" when I just wrote SSS) says I have got about 1600m of copper from my house to exchange. I sync at about 1600kbps which is way over the AU Average for ADSL2+.

Copper follows the road, you could be across the street from an exchange and the cables might go through 5 streets before they get to you. Even worse you could be one of the people living at "67 St Leonards Boulevard, Dayton, Western Australia" on the NBN Rollout Map.

So now we add the exchange:

H --> P --> E

Other people arn't as lucky and live in places on RIM's or have lots of pillers on their lines. RIM's arn't super bad though, as they have a fibre backbone to the exchange and if you are on a tophatted (older) RIM or a newer rim, its like being 500m from an exchange but you risk congestion.

H --> P --> R --> E

Then DLSAM's come into play at the exchange and if I have to explain them to you my head will explode. Here is a WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE. Basically they allow you to get ADSL2+ and they are freakin' expensive.

THEN THERES THE PoP. THATS TOP SECRET.
Thanks given by:
seeing as u might find it interesting, and its related to your explanation, i'll explain the fuckundrum that results in me unable to get ADSL2+ despite living extremely close to an exchange and inside a residential area.

there is one exchange about 1km away from my house, but afaik due to fucked urban planning, the line from my house doesn't go there and instead travels 7km to the middle of fucking nowhere. i guess that means too much signal loss because it can't be installed.

thankfully, the wonderful people at telstra are able to fix me up with a fabulous wireless solution. only $99/month for minute internet usage that gets capped in 2 seconds!!!!!!! i guess the good thing is, is that it is extremely fast and stable.

[Image: 3220869932.png]

but what good is it with no fucking usage.

not only internet infrastructure, but infrastructure in general is abhorrent in this country. not due to the size of the country, but due to the incompetence of governments in undertaking infrastructure projects. i don't see it getting much better in the future either.
Thanks given by:
I can confirm that India has the worst internet speeds in the world,More than a 100 million users and 60% has speeds below 512kbps.
Thanks given by:
512kbps still a good connection for AC:
<<With efficient bandwidth usage, it's low-latency and can even run over a 56Kbps connection...>>
Or we need just update the site homepage.
Thanks given by: