Donations
I am not sensing much love lately for the work the devs do for us, so in my normal jovial fashion I propose we do something about that.

Starting today, the 1st, till the 31st of January I would like to see some donations heading to AC.

For every donation someone makes up to $100 US I will double every unique donation at the end of the month. You must screenshot, and post proof that you have donated an amount with the amount present. :)

Thanks given by:
DrauL wanted me to post this because he's not lazy or anything:

<iiDrauL> like
<iiDrauL> each person makes a donation
<iiDrauL> and i double the amount at the end and submit my own
<iiDrauL> if that makes sense
<iiDrauL> screenshot and post
<iiDrauL> cos i cbf explaiging myself
<iiDrauL> hence $100
<iiDrauL> i aint rich
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3igz.png]
Thanks given by:
If you're a man of honour that's very generous of you and I do appreciate that move...
As a dev myself I felt like showing the example to the community so here you go, screenshot below...
EDIT: Missed that one, MG posted first while I was typing this XD
For every one out there who still has faith in AssaultCube I'd like to say that money does indeed count in this project.
Although it's totally free for you to download, play, add mods and so on it does cost us a lot of time to create and money to run the whole thing.
Consequent or small, every single donation is greatly appreciated, even like 5$ is welcome.
For those who aren't yet old enough to earn money please don't go steal in your dad's wallet, rather ask him kindly to make that donation on your behalf.

[Image: MagjYgA.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't have paypal :(
Thanks given by:
Create an account
Thanks given by:
So that's $110 so far :)
After a few hours with no replys i was expecting a bad response.
We have a month people, get going :)
Thanks given by:
Someone give me money for me to donate.
Thanks given by:
no one's explained to me what this money actually goes to
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 14, 07:28PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: no one's explained to me what this money actually goes to

[Image: L6XODjU.jpg]
[Image: d7zOCRX.jpg]
Thanks given by:
okay
I'll see if I have some bitcoins to donate ...
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 14, 07:28PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: no one's explained to me what this money actually goes to

It pays for the very server you are accessing to read my post.
And the wiki
And the static pages/docs
And the Master Server
And a few 'other' things :).
Thanks given by:
> Para fazer uma doação <

*The buttons of social media on the first page of this site capture personal information that can be used by others without your authorization.
Is not a secure api.
Thanks given by:
The social media buttons only work if you are logged into said service which means you are deliberately handing out the information yourself. That's right, you are the cause of your own problems.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 14, 11:00PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: And a few 'other' things :).
Diet Coke
Thanks given by:
i will donate as soon as i have some money again
akimbo took all of it :<
Thanks given by:
After christmas and the new year, I want to say: "No can do!"
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 14, 04:05AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: The social media buttons only work if you are logged into said service which means you are deliberately handing out the information yourself. That's right, you are the cause of your own problems.

Do you complain to the million other sites that have that exact same kind of button?
Thanks given by:
Donations..?
[Image: What+s+up+with+this+new+Carlos+meme+_9fe...1af395.png]

JK, will think about that, maybe.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 14, 10:19PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Do you complain to the million other sites that have that exact same kind of button?
Yes i do.

leia isso

Complicated. Especially here in this website, couse it is target of constant attack from hackers.

* sry offtopic
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 14, 04:00AM)1Cap Wrote: leia isso

That sort of "Likejacking" isn't happening on the AC page though. The social media buttons are very clear on what you are doing. For instance, the facebook one says "Like", which you would understand if you can use facebook. Which you supposedly would if you had a facebook and was logged in. If you didn't have a facebook or you weren't logged in, then it wouldn't be an issue, as the button only works if you are logged in. If you do press that button and you are logged in, we don't get your information. Only new information spread is that Facebook now knows that you like AssaultCube.

Sorry if you don't like the standard mutually beneficial marketing for both AC and Facebook.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, from now on, every post you make in this thread you donate $10.

Less O/T more donations! :)
Thanks given by:
1cap pls spam here
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 14, 12:56PM)DrauL Wrote: 1Cap, from now on, every post you make in this thread you donate $10.

Less O/T more donations! :)

Make that: Anytime 1Cap posts to AC Forums

Also, if you still use facebook, by now you should've been a little conscious about their "privacy policy", or lack there of.
You can use AdBlockPlus to block facebook, you can re-enable it....if you still actually use it; or you can try a nifty add-on to block their crap
Thanks given by:
Awesome idea man!
Now - less trolling and more giving people!
=)
Thanks given by:
holy shit, i have a prepaid visa card with 6 cents on it, you guys want?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 14, 09:43PM)bballn45 Wrote: holy shit, i have a prepaid visa card with 6 cents on it, you guys want?

Every penny counts ;)
Thanks given by:
So at the moment we got three transfers with a total amount of 81,04 € (after PayPal fees)! Great! Thanks a lot!

We use this money currently for: Servers/domains and seldom donations to other open source projects we use. Some developers use their own income for this project as well. And the biggest resource of all ... is time.
Thanks given by:
"We use this money currently for: Servers/domains and seldom donations to other open source projects we use. Some developers use their own income for this project as well. And the biggest resource of all ... is time."
Nice.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jan 14, 10:44PM)1Cap Wrote: "We use this money currently for: Servers/domains and seldom donations to other open source projects we use. Some developers use their own income for this project as well. And the biggest resource of all ... is time."
Nice.

There is another extra $10 draul :D
Thanks given by: