server wizard problem
It fails every time. I'm on windows 7. I am this computer's admin. I have unchecked read only and applied changes to all subfolders and files within AssaultCube in program files (x86). What's stopping it from working?
Thanks given by:
what error message are you getting ?
i would never use the server_wizard anyway
use the standard launcher along with servercmdline.txt ;)
Thanks given by:
Its problems with permissions
Thanks given by:
Solution, never use the server wizard.

Manual config isn't that hard.
Thanks given by:
Luc@s I appear to have done it successfully. However, I was hampered by the fact I could not just edit servercmdline and save it because "Access is denied". I had to copy it to desktop, edit and save it their, delete the original from config, and move edited version to config from desktop.

I am glad it has worked but it does seem a lot of hassle. I know this should not be happening and would be glad if someone could inform me how to avoid 'problems with permissions' in the future.

*Edit: This same problem seems to be causing "write failed (no 'incoming'?)" when I sendmap. I've unchecked read only on incoming, again to no avail.
Thanks given by:
The 'problem' is that Microsoft no longer regards the average user as competent enough to be trusted with write access to 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)'. The simple answer is not to install server services on desktop OSes. The messy answer is to not install AC there, but to install it to somewhere in your user folder, which you are trusted to mess up.
The unpopular answer, I'm sorry, is that if you don't understand how permissions work in your own operating system, you really shouldn't be opening up your computer to connections from the internet.
Thanks given by:
Thanks installing in the user area has done the trick it seems.
Thanks given by: