AC servers manager
Hey all,

Some of you may remember assaultcu.be, a AC server rental system.
( http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7135.html )
I made it for multiple reasons, after ironzorg suggested to do something similar. The 2 main ideas were :

- to provide an easy administration interface for AC players who want to host their own servers but don't want to deal with system administration and technical stuff (because they don't have time or knowledge or just don't feel like doing so)
- to make them very attractive and cheap, and get a little of money with this system to cover AC hosting cost (akimbo and MS + forums + website)

I ran it for some time on a good machine i had which was also hosting akimbo.
I had to stop, and i can't host this system anymore.
But i'm sure those who benifited from assaultcu.be would all say it was cool. (even though it was running while AC was undergoing ddos attacks)

However, i think it's too bad nobody can use it now.

So, if you're interested in this system (if you want to make some money and offer AC servers or just for your own use) you can contact me and i can send you the whole thing.

HOWEVER, you must know that it was done to make some money at first, so it will not be for free, it has to be discussed depending on your meanings.
The money will mostly be spent for akimbo and AC hosting (i have no income so if i want to host things i need money to come in some way andit's the same for XRD i think)

What does the package consist in

The system is a PHP based web interface using MySQL which allows you create, configure and manage your servers in a few clicks. It allows people to create account and rent their own servers. But this feature can be turned off if you want to use it to administrate your own servers, which is possible.
The system also includes a secured FTP access to your AC servers files.

Detailed Features:
  • A very easy and fast web interface
Creating servers is very easy. All you need to do is to choose the amount of slots, the port, and the server type (official, LUA, ...).
Standards users then have to create a bill, and pay. Once the payment is confirmed by the administrator, the server can be installed.
You can edit your server name, description, blacklist, maprot, password, visibility from MS etc. from 1 same page. You just have to click one button to save your settings.
You can restart or stop your servers anytime. It's instantaneous !
  • Logs viewer/searcher
AC servers administrators usually need to check their logs. (for example, when they need to get someone's IP).
You can get the list of logfiles for each server very easily, and perform fast searcs through all of them. (40 MB/s on my server!)
  • Statistics page
You can view each server statistics :
Every 5 minutes, the system checks if your server is reachable and how many clients are playing.
The statistics include server usage and availability, and also graphs.
there used to be a 1.1 binary that even allowed you to check how much bandwidth was used on average/in total.
  • optional FTP access
The administrator can turns on a secured FTP access for any account. The users with FTP acccess can, for example, upload maps on their servers;
  • Auto-restart feature if one of your servers die
Every 5 minutes, the system checks if all the servers that are supposed to be on are running. If not, it tries to restart those which seem to have crashed. (if it does not work, it tries 2 other times and then gives up)
  • Web page for each account / HTTP Demos download
When an account is created, a subdomain is created too (e.g. whatever.assaultcu.be) with a listing of all demos. But you can add your own files in the www directory and customize the user home page if needed (for example KUT had their LSS ladder running there and i had made a script to show scores from their page a bit before it closed)
(so you can host basic or evolved ladders with this system ;))

Server system requirements

This manager requires a few things to be installed (like PHP and mysql) which are all available on most platforms anyway.
It uses very little resources. Actually it's very light. So, what matters is just the amount of servers you're planning to run.

If you're interested, you can PM me.
If you have any question about the features, you can ask here.

Thanks for your interest.
Thanks given by: