ac_douze CTF 1.2.0.2 issue
How come we can't play CTF on douze anymore on 1.2.0.2? It was one of the most fun maps to play ctf on. I'm not the only one asking about this, some people in game also are wondering why this happened.
Thanks given by:
Because its too small of a map for CTF. It turns into nothing but an assault rifle race.
Thanks given by:
ac_douze wasn't supposed to have flag spawns.
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 13, 05:33AM)Fate Wrote: ac_douze wasn't supposed to have flag spawns.

+ it doesn't in sauer and nobody complains. You only like it because you're used to it. Play something else and you'll start to like that too.
Thanks given by:
So you're telling me that I can't like this anymore and you are forcing me to move on to something else and learn to like that? Interesting...
Thanks given by:
It was more or less sort of accidental that you could play CTF on douze in the first place. IIRC there isn't another legit game that will let you play CTF on douze.
Thanks given by:
arid is about the same size as douze. I don't know if it is my AC only but douze is still on my CTF list...
Thanks given by:
Make a map extremely similar to douze, and add flags. :p
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 13, 11:57PM)bballn45 Wrote: arid is about the same size as douze. I don't know if it is my AC only but douze is still on my CTF list...

Also it attempts to load it in CTF when you start AC sometimes.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 13, 01:07AM)Nightmare Wrote: Make a map extremely similar to douze, and add flags. :p
or edit douze and add the flags gg
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 13, 01:37AM)bballn45 Wrote:
(09 Dec 13, 01:07AM)Nightmare Wrote: Make a map extremely similar to douze, and add flags. :p
or edit douze and add the flags gg

What's next? Edit ac_snow to have flags and random road-blocks?
Thanks given by:
you can't edit official maps they are secured.
Thanks given by:
This game does not belong to you.
This game was not made to please you. Or please me.

Nobody called you here on the forum.

About the map ...

There is only one reason for this to have happened.
And that reason belongs to the owners of the game and not the players.

Do not make a donation, create a MEME and post on "oftopic".
Thanks given by:
i was joking mpx haha.
stfu 1Cap
Thanks given by:
I'll just make a map extremely similar to ac_douze that has CTF and then try to get people to play it on 1.2.0.2
Thanks given by:
Ok - I believe JackX has made a much bigger and somewhat more complex version of ac_douze, named ac_douzeX I believe.

It is surprising dynamic and I rate it above the original ac_douze for CTF.
Thanks given by:
douse ctf collected a lot of people,people liked to play on this map and in this mode,now guys say that it's against the rules and you have to love something else,it's very strange when impose its own rules
I saw something like douze in new version,this quiet horror
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 13, 10:01AM)|40+|Axel Wrote: now guys say that it's against the rules
Please paste a quote as evidence from your extensive research that supports this statement.
Thanks given by:
CTF on ac_douze is a horrific. All of you players that played on that non-stop should get used to not getting your way. It is not going to change.

Also, yay no CTF douze.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 13, 10:36AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(09 Dec 13, 10:01AM)|40+|Axel Wrote: now guys say that it's against the rules
Please paste a quote as evidence from your extensive research that supports this statement.

X-Ray_Dog says IIRC there isn't another legit game that will let you play CTF on douze
Bukz Because its too small of a map for CTF. It turns into nothing but an assault rifle race.
I am sorry if I did not understand you correctly,this is due to my knowledge of English,then would you #M|A#Wolf explain why we cannot play douze ctf

(09 Dec 13, 10:36AM)DrauL Wrote: CTF on ac_douze is a horrific. All of you players that played on that non-stop should get used to not getting your way. It is not going to change.

Also, yay no CTF douze.

this is Your opinion,but many noobs and not only,among them and I,liked the game
Thanks given by:
What amaze me is that it's still possible to play team modes on douze...
Thanks given by:
Team survival isn't too bad on douze - I don't enjoy it but it's playable
Thanks given by:
Douze is a great map and one of the staples of cube.

Was never intended as a flag mode especially in 10v10 publics. Not to say it wasnt fun. I used to hop on these servers to train my aim a little and not worry about flags. The biggest problem with it is it had players constantly playing the same thing over and over which many fps have, but as you play other maps and get exposed more to the game, you start to appreciate it as it exists as a whole, rather than a microcosm of mechanics.

similar to players starting to play tosok, they then get into ctf (presumably through douze) and then eventually start playing the other modes. There's a wide variation and a lot of creative in many other maps (i encourage everyone to talk to undead or exoduss about their maps). If you choose to remain narrow-minded about the game and decide whats fun and not yourself (a problem the devs stand accused of), you run into the issue of self-defeat.

tl;dr
explore the game for what it is, and have fun doing it. stop worrying about getting your way.
(hypocrisy)
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 13, 03:54PM)Waffles Wrote: ...

#EJJEMVILLOFFICIAL2013

And about "how enjoying the game", my experience says someone will enjoy AssaultCube only if he discovers most of the contents step by step by himself and not if someone is showing him all the contents in a single day/week. We can not say "enjoy the game by playing like this", but, we can say "playing the game like this is less enjoyable", this is why we deleted flags on ac_douze and this is why I hated to much AR players.

EDIT: I dont' know if our (Undead and me) two maps are played on the new version because I don't play AC for some months now, but you can be sure ac_swamp was made to be as fun and enjoyable as possible, working on each camp spots and an almost theorically perfect layout.
Thanks given by:
Bring back douze ctf! If you don't like it, just don't play it. We (the people who enjoyed playing ctf douze) don't care if it wasn't meant to have flag, we just enjoyed it. We might Not like other maps but we respect the players who like them.

Bring ctf douze back please. You are missing many players
Thanks given by:
I'm not 100% sure why, but there was something wrong with CTF ac_douze, some kind of science mistery, and it was like this:
1-Some dude vote CTF ac_douze.
2-Vote got accepted.
3-The people who vote it, play the 15 minutes.
4-(And this is what I can't understand)The same dude(or another) who voted it, instantly re-vote it, and the vote got accepted again, and so on...and on...and...

I mean, I could play 1 round (not my favourite map I must admit), but why 45 minutes or even more playing THE SAME MAP OVER AND OVER ????, that shit was boring. So I won't miss that map/mode at all, thx for that.
Thanks given by:
don't know I think 40 people on server,on one card in one mode,can't stay all the time,again and again,if the game is boring:)
Thanks given by:
Dear god... "One of the most fun maps to play CTF on." Not even worth arguing.
Thanks given by:
3v3 ac_douze ctf can be fun, although bullshits about "how the players should play this game", but in this case if the creator of map decided this way, you can do nothing :P
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 13, 05:53PM)hgf-arg Wrote: I'm not 100% sure why, but there was something wrong with CTF ac_douze, some kind of science mistery, and it was like this:
1-Some dude vote CTF ac_douze.
2-Vote got accepted.
3-The people who vote it, play the 15 minutes.
4-(And this is what I can't understand)The same dude(or another) who voted it, instantly re-vote it, and the vote got accepted again, and so on...and on...and...
[...]

I don't see what's wrong with it. If people keep playing douze, it's because the map is good for them. If someone doesn't like it, he/she can change server and find a suitable map to play. As simple as that. Someone might not like playing des3 but if vote gets accepted, there is nothing that person can do about it. You can't go against the will of the majority. Basic principle of community living.
Again, people are free to change server and play the maps they like.
Thanks given by: