ac_douze CTF 1.2.0.2 issue
(11 Dec 13, 02:12AM)EndGame Wrote: Basic principle of community living.
That's the issue here. This isn't about a community creating resolutions, it's about a community playing a game which is ultimately run by a selected few that make the decisions. Not saying I'm in favor of the system, but objectively, that's how things go.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 02:12AM)EndGame Wrote: Again, people are free to change server and play the maps they like.

That becomes difficult to do when all the players are on CTF douze and sniper@camper. A little variety never killed anyone.
Thanks given by:
"That's the issue here. This isn't about a community creating resolutions, it's about a community playing a game which is ultimately run by a selected few that make the decisions.That's the issue here. This isn't about a community creating resolutions, it's about a community playing a game which is ultimately run by a selected few that make the decisions.

its true
Thanks given by:
Ya'll right, and I'm wrong, sorry

I'll start eating shit, a billion flies can't be wrong
Thanks given by:
if you want to eat shit having your favourite apple and orange in the fridge...
Thanks given by:
imho - douze ctf was not bad; I didn't mind it at all. yes, there were times where there were only sniper@camper and ac_douze ctf maps (as Bukz said), which was quite annoying, as well as that server having ac_douze ctf ONLY on its maprot. imo douze ctf should still be there - but add a feature so that server owners can actually stop douze from being voted (I'm fairly sure this might be difficult) - this might prevent douze from being played again and again on menaces tlc - no douze server lol
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 07:50AM)KnifeOnly Wrote: ... but add a feature so that server owners can actually stop douze from being voted (I'm fairly sure this might be difficult) - this might prevent douze from being played again and again on menaces tlc - no douze server lol

In fact, this has been possible on the previous version already and even got somewhat simplified with the latest release as far as I'm aware. Certain servers, including mine, actually had this applied in order to prevent ctf/ac_douze from beeing voted in all day. You still could have it on the maprot at the same time.
Thanks given by:
My servers didn't allow douze voting at all.
That was my personal opinion. It is fairly known that it was overplayed and that flags were not supposed to be on that map at all anyway.
When it comes down to it, you could try and get around the mapping restrictions and put it on a server rot or just vote it in, but watch you get slammed quite quickly for trying.

Beat advice is roll is the punches and find a new favourite map/mode combo, in a lot of peoples eyes, including mine, this is not an issue. It is the solution to one.

Edited my derpy typo.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 02:30PM)DrauL Wrote: ...in a lot of peoples eyes, including mine, this is not an issue. It is the solution to one.

This exactly
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 02:48AM)Bukz Wrote:
(11 Dec 13, 02:12AM)EndGame Wrote: Again, people are free to change server and play the maps they like.

That becomes difficult to do when all the players are on CTF douze and sniper@camper. A little variety never killed anyone.

Then logic will tell you that there aren't enough players that want to play another map/mode. Catering to what players want to play never killed anyone either.

I could understand if there were a limited number of available servers, but when you have more available servers then the total number of players playing, it makes no sense. To take away one of the most popular aspects of the game just because you personally don't like the tactics being used is just cutting off the nose to spite the face. A complete overreaction on the devs part.

Just because the majority of posters on here don't mind the loss, that doesn't mean it's the majority of players as a whole. Those maps/modes were being played for a reason, because a majority of players wanted to play them.
Thanks given by:
Yes, we're sorry for trying to save AC from becoming a 24/7 sniper@camper noobfest. There are thousands of quality custom maps people can play but we better not attempt to get people to try them, lets just allow shit maps with no effort put into them to destroy the online gameplay of AC, for the sake of all you idealists in this community.
Thanks given by:
I like devs and respect them to death because of their work. However, this is one of the worst movement they've done. They can, of course, fix it.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 11:11PM)Bukz Wrote: Yes, we're sorry for trying to save AC from becoming a 24/7 sniper@camper noobfest. There are thousands of quality custom maps people can play but we better not attempt to get people to try them, lets just allow shit maps with no effort put into them to destroy the online gameplay of AC, for the sake of all you idealists in this community.

Why so aggressive? It's not about white or black or right or left. Everybody is discussing a very important matter (believe it or not) about our favourite game.

As you stated, this "shit" map without effort put into it is one of first and most popular maps new members play. Here, they learn the very basics of AC; As it's an open map, they can see what's going on and learn. Then they get into more complex maps.

Beauty depends on the eye of the beholder; ac_werk, ac_keller, ac_douze are some of my favourite maps, for instance. However, not because gothic is not on my list and is overplayed I'm going to call it shit.
Thanks given by:
I'm all for new players having fun on a map they can enjoy. It becomes a problem when they never move onto other maps. sniper@camper and similar maps stole players from other servers that actually played maps meant for AC. When you can't find a game of CTF DES3 because everyone is busy noobing on camper maps it not only becomes frustrating, it hurts the game.
Thanks given by:
There is a difference, though; CTF ac_douze is closer to CTF ac_desert3 than ctf sniper@camper to ctf ac_desert3. I can also say that not having ctf ac_douze hurts the game (and it's doing it so badly. I think it might be one of the many reasons we have few players nowadays)

What do you think?
Thanks given by:
I'm okay with fewer players if it means AC is played the way it was meant to be played.
Thanks given by:
:-S are you serious? the competitive scene has been destroyed! the only team pushing it up is {BoB}. =MyS=, rC and some other clans changed to other fps games because there are no players to play against! (well, I know there might be more reasons but having fewer players didn't help either).

Anyways, you always have the last word. I'm just a player who liked having fun on ctf ac_douze teaching and talking to starters. That's why my arguments seem so mad sometimes.

I will play AC no matters what.
Thanks given by:
If CTF douze was your greatest enjoyment in AC then I suggest joining shad-99's masterserver.

P.S. Pubs are more important than clans, believe it or not.
Thanks given by:
This is the right moment to demand politely the return of dust2 and ezjemville (all its versions) to AC servers.
Thanks given by:
In favor.

EDIT: To be honest, why can't there be a fixed amount of servers that are able to host these type of "shit maps"? The devs or someone from the community could agree to host two or three servers that are open to voting of any map, and the new players that just wish to play for the shits and giggles can vote douze and @camper maps all they want. Additionally, I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps a developer could edit the game's code so that every other server can't vote any @camper camp, douze ctf, etc, and just keep monitoring the servers in case a new map of that kind emerges, that way anyone can play whatever they wish and people won't complain that there are too many "shit" maps flooding the masterserver.

My argument is that from my experience, when I started playing this game I spent most if not all of my playing time on what most consider "shit maps", and later on I eventually grew out of them. From what I can remember, playing CTF on a normal map was just too hard for me, and I didn't really have a sense of tactics to be able to enjoy and perceive what was going on; I just kept getting killed. For the newcomers, some will remain in those servers indefinitely, but there will always be the few bunch of players that will become interested in a change and eventually play in normal maps, and that is what will sporadically but consistently bring new experiences, clans, and players into the competitive scene. Overall, shit maps are just maps that are much more fun and less stressful to play in for people that don't really have any experience in an FPS or a sense of competition, yet.
Thanks given by:
in favour as well
Thanks given by:
some of these maps are fun, maybe not for everyone, you should not take the fun out of a game that is made for fun. There must be some way that everyone is satisfied.
Thanks given by:
It is very curious to see the effort of the community forum , opining on various issues ...
There is no doubt here .
Douze is fun with flags . Point .
There are other official maps that can present the same characteristic features that Douze . Other maps can be played as a camper , noobs , repetitively , etc ...

The issue here is that the reasons are not related to the desires of the community ...
The game does not belong to this community ( forum). belive me ;)

is not the goal of DEVS please you guys .

This game is used as a test for other applications and games .

All players , including you , who are reading this, it's a guinea pig .

There is a commercial and profit intention behind it all . (guinea pig)

See on the prism of capitalism and understand ! (guinea pig)

hum..
You 're helping Google to develop apps and stufs for free?
You are a Mozillan and help this company ?

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - this opensource is a mask !
You work for free and they profit from your work !

You give your opinion about the game , you play, you post in this forum this community and all that is used to capitalist projects .

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7336.html

Everyone is free to do whatever you want .
But do not think you guys fool me .

(guinea pig)
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 13, 02:59AM)1Cap Wrote: is not the goal of DEVS please you guys .

This game is used as a test for other applications and games .

All players , including you , who are reading this, it's a guinea pig .

There is a commercial and profit intention behind it all . (guinea pig)

See on the prism of capitalism and understand ! (guinea pig)

hum..
You 're helping Google to develop apps and stufs for free?
You are a Mozillan and help this company ?

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - this opensource is a mask !
You work for free and they profit from your work !

The hell are you talking about? Do you honestly think we make any money with this game? Donations are just that and go to keep everything online, nothing more. The Devs do listen to the community and have added a lot of stuff for 1202 but they also have the right to remove stuff they feel doesn't belong in AC. I don't know why you keep mentioning players as guinea pigs when clearly you are the only pig here.

Anyways, a few servers for like a free-for-all maps might be interesting. Not everyone would be allowed to host one, just someone trustworthy I guess with no map restrictions and strict allowed access to the MS. Interesting thought Wolf, I'd be for it but management could also be interesting. Does such a thing exist in any other game or are other player bases and other games better knowing that such huge maps don't belong?
Thanks given by:
1Cap, unless you have constructive and logical arguments to provide, please avoid spamming your cynic views (as you usually do) with no evidential basis whatsoever. I am getting sick and tired cause it's always the same story repeating itself in cycles. We are trying to debate like normal human beings, don't spoil the thread, please.
Thanks given by:
O the poor noobs can't play @camper... What a shame. How else will they get kills? O NO, we can't play ctf douze. What a shame. How else will they score flags????

Hmmm
Thanks given by:
The sad truth is that the people who is 'in control' of the game can do (and is doing) this unilateral decisions, decisions that they think are 'good' for the game. This 'good' intentions means prohibit ctf@ac_douze, and in general impose, mapping restrictions.
These intentions are in good will for the 'betterment' of the game, I recognize that, but in the road of that 'betterment' of the game they are leaving people unable to play whatever they want to play. You can't change what people likes. You can't tell people what to play or what not to play. It's their choice.

Most of the people here is unable or don't have the knowledge about how to fork the AC source code, so the last resource that is left to them is to try to provide reasonable arguments, so the least you can do is to listen them, and be open to a peaceful discussion.
Please, don't take advantage of that. Don't just say "Where do you factor in[referring to the 'community/individual']? -RR".
Why not to provide a middle ground for 'crappy' and 'architectonic master pieces'?

Edit: Sorry if this is too idealistic, maybe its the near xmas spirit full of good intentions, comprehensiveness, optimism, etc, etc, etc :)
Thanks given by:
1Cap are you still using google translate

what was the problem with bs_dust2
Thanks given by:
I think most of us started playing in these maps, and this is not new, it's always been like this, I remember playing many noob maps in 0.92 , barely can remember 2 of them, one called sniper, and other called tower. I also think that if restrictions are removed, the quality and variety of these maps would improve. So I'm in favor as well.
Thanks given by:
Sorry. I do not want to be offensive. I'm just sharing my point of view.
- Yes, I remained playing AC because of the variety of maps.
In the past I had so much fun with "noobs" maps.
If the game has changed? Yes, now it looks very much like dozens of other games ...
> I feel that the players and the community is tired ...
But let's be positive and fun.

Cemer - Yes, but im improving ... nah..
Thanks given by: