AssaultCube 1.2.0.2 released!
I have a similar issue, and I did copy my saved.cfg from 1.1.0.4 so that could be it.
Thanks given by:
For those on Windows who are experimenting sound issues (all sounds suddenly cut off) here is a temporary fix for it...

Click link to download openal-soft-1.15.1-bin.zip file, once unzipped you'll find two folders inside 'win 32' and 'win 64'.
Even if your OS is x64 open the win 32 folder and you'll find a file called soft_oal.dll inside it.
Replace your AssaultCube/bin_win32/openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll with that soft_oal.dll file but do not rename it, leave it as it is.

You should now be able to play normally.

Anyhow I called it temporary fix because although I have played for hours without any troubles I am not sure if it won't happen again at a later date, but so far it works fine for me.

EDIT: some clarification: Remove the openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll and place soft_oal.dll instead.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much for this! [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 13, 01:05PM)jamz Wrote:
(19 Nov 13, 01:45AM)mpx Wrote: Is not possible to make the "quick nade throw" when is using the sub-machine gun.
This really looks like some legacy stuff has found its way into your game. Can you make sure this isn't an old script or .cfg file in your new version? I can quick nade with the SMG just fine.

Thanks, it was a "zoom scope" script on my autoexec.cfg, I deleted the save.cfg and now is working well. :D
Thanks given by:
Okay so I actually downloaded this finally.
Haven't thoroughly tested but I wanted to give some feedback.

The heartbeat volume slider in sound options should have larger, more convenient increments (perhaps 5) Just update the script (officially in next release, don't be scrubs and tell me I should do it myself cause it's so easy)
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that is the HP required for it to start beating, not the volume.
Thanks given by:
Nice, but due to your new restrictions on map consistency, douze and complex not longer work in CTF, and a number of popular unofficial maps, like the HeadShotCity and @camper series' no longer work... over all, I'd say 1.1.0.4 was better, because of these.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 13, 05:59AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Pretty sure that is the HP required for it to start beating, not the volume.

Regardless, single tick intervals that you have to mash your keyboard on is just silly.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 13, 07:19AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Regardless, single tick intervals that you have to mash your keyboard on is just silly.
I have same feeling, 'hold key' to slide one way or the other would indeed be more user friendly.
Thanks given by:
Still can't play... Not that anyone cares :)
Thanks given by:
it's not that we don't care, we just don't have old enough mac to build AC for you.
it's not like AC is not open source though. you could build it by yourself
Thanks given by:
Lucas, I have an old iMac G3. Would I be able to compile AC for everyone on 10.3.9 or is Panther too old?
Thanks given by:
So I'm allowed to compile my own? Didn't know that, I guess I can give it a try.
Thanks given by:
I don't know how the myth that you can't/shouldn't compile your own client ever arose. Having a self-compiled client is fine. Having a self-compiled client that gives you an advantage over someone with the default isn't.
Thanks given by:
No I didn't felt it as a bad thing, more like a why do it if it's working fine.

But it always felt the need to ask permission since you know it may cause me trouble if I do it wrong.
Thanks given by:
Why can't we just play the game???? Just use the settings in the menu IMO.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 13, 06:26PM)Jg99 Wrote: Lucas, I have an old iMac G3. Would I be able to compile AC for everyone on 10.3.9 or is Panther too old?

Oh please do it! I'm on Tiger and I'm dying to play the 1.2 version.
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
heymeca, I can try to do it on Panther, hope things go well. I just hope Xcode 1.5 can compile AC
Edit: Xcode won't even read the project file, and the iMac doesnt have a DVD drive and im out of CDs to upgrade to Tiger
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 13, 05:30PM)Jg99 Wrote: heymeca, I can try to do it on Panther, hope things go well. I just hope Xcode 1.5 can compile AC
Edit: Xcode won't even read the project file, and the iMac doesnt have a DVD drive and im out of CDs to upgrade to Tiger

Anything that i can do to help? I have no idea about compile..but i could try...
Thanks given by:
well you have to download Xcode for one. It's kinda hard to explain. If my iMac G3 had a DVD Drive I could get Tiger and compile probably.
Thanks given by:
I tell you what If mine works i can show you how.

(27 Nov 13, 07:44AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: Why can't we just play the game???? Just use the settings in the menu IMO.
Thanks given by:
It seems the map ac_power is bugged, receiving 0 hitsounds when fragging somebody in the middle of the map (near kevlar). This happened to me there already several times. I have also on other maps some hitsound bugs but those are happening randomly and very rarely.
Thanks given by:
Same problem as Elite on the left of cla base sometimes.
Thanks given by:
I have to add that i have whether hitsounds nor gun sounds on some spots, same goes for Ketar, at least for the hitsounds.
Thanks given by:
..where is everyone?
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 13, 10:40PM)MykeGregory Wrote: ..where is everyone?
They all left, sick and tired of the stench of you balls
Thanks given by:
ATM there are 67 players online on AC 1.2.0.2 (156 total)
Thanks given by:
Real good release lads. Quality performances all around. /pause 1 for multiplayer. Armor piercing equivalent for ar (minor mind you. No repeats of 1.1) carAbine buff with 50% kiclback for dem runs. Cleaner, looking at you for money throwing poo model for nade.

All inclusive 100% ac 1.4 (need to skip 1.3 to make everyone forget)
Thanks given by:
[Image: jy8srTm.jpg]
Thanks given by:
needs a monkey arm. typed that on my phone so sometimes i miss letters.

still though, that's pretty awesome
Thanks given by: