[1.2] Sound bug
Hey,
If you encountered the sound bug on AC 1.2 (sounds suddenly cut off for no apparent reason), please post in this thread and tell us :

- what's your OS
- Windows users : are you using openAL dll provided into bin_win32 ? ("openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll" removed in "openal32.dll" ?)
- was it fixed by joining another server / reconnecting
- did you notice anything that cause this bug to happen more often ? (some way to reproduce it ?)

Thank you
Thanks given by:
- Windows 7 x64
- No
- Reconnecting fixes the problem for me.

You should know that this bug has been around since early/mid 2011 SVN from what I remember.
Thanks given by:
Windows 8.
No.
Reconnecting, loading another map, and joining another server.
Thanks given by:
Dropping the flag in water causes this bug.
Thanks given by:
  • Windouze Vista
  • No
  • Yes (reconnecting, new map, joining another server, or just leaving)
  • I've noticed fooling around with the sounds allowed at once function has a bit of an impact on it (idk what magic number(s) make it happen the most, but I usually have it on 100 instead of the default)
Thanks given by:
Linux 64bit (Debian 3.2.51-1, kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64).

I don't notice that I have sounds cut-out, but I do have an openAL error flood my screen every now and then.

OpenAL-Soft only.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 13, 06:09PM)Aekom Wrote: - Windows 7 x64
- No

+1
Thanks given by:
Windows 8 64 Bit
No
Reconnecting fixes the problem for me.
Thanks given by:
Have been playing 1.2 since it came out and never lost sound, im using mac 10.6
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 13, 08:35PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(13 Oct 13, 06:09PM)Aekom Wrote: - Windows 7 x64
- No

+1

+1
This, also map changes also fix the problem.
Thanks given by:
Update:
After a while the your sound comes back on again.
Thanks given by:
Lucas, every now and then in-game, I get an OpenAL error flood my screen... I don't lose sound afaik thoiugh.

Could this help? Debian stable. Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 13, 08:49PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Lucas, every now and then in-game, I get an OpenAL error flood my screen... I don't lose sound afaik thoiugh.

Could this help? Debian stable. Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

Same here on Ubuntu 13.04 3.8.0-31-generic

No problem with sound thou, just the error msgs
Thanks given by:
Windows 7
No.
Cuts out sometimes on first spawn after connecting. Seems to also happen when flag sounds are triggered or sometimes nade explosions.
Reconnecting works, sound sometimes comes back after several minutes.
Thanks given by:
Happened in a pub game 3 times, sound didn't come back after reconnecting.

The sound bug also occured in games on private servers but the sound came back after reconnecting. When I watch the demos of those games the sound cuts off when it cut out in real time but it doesn't come back - even if someone reconnected to the server and played with sound again.
Thanks given by:
Windows Vista 32bit
Yes
No, it only fixed after closing the game out completely and coming back in. Did not happen again afterwords.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 13, 10:16PM)Aight Wrote: Happened in a pub game 3 times, sound didn't come back after reconnecting.

The sound bug also occured in games on private servers but the sound came back after reconnecting. When I watch the demos of those games the sound cuts off when it cut out in real time but it doesn't come back - even if someone reconnected to the server and played with sound again.

can you send me such demos please ?
(and tell me when the sound cut for you ?)
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 13, 08:16PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Linux 64bit (Debian 3.2.51-1, kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64).

I don't notice that I have sounds cut-out, but I do have an openAL error flood my screen every now and then.

OpenAL-Soft only.

I get openAl errors. sometimes get stuck on loading screen. no sound errors.

Arch Linux 64 bit. kernel... 3.11?
Thanks given by:
Mac OSX 10.6.8

Not the discussed sound bug but sometimes, in unpredictable moments, I do not get sounds on picking nades and kevlar. many times I had to check the displayed data or turn back since I was really thinking I did not grab'em. Minor issue tho.
Thanks given by:
try more /maxsoundsatonce
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 13, 07:55PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: try more /maxsoundsatonce

I tried experimenting with that. The more sounds at once = greater chance of sound cutting off (in my case).
Thanks given by:
Windows 8.
No
It gets fixed after I reconnect/load another map but in rare cases I have to quit AC and start it again. It happens mostly while playing DM or CTF.
Thanks given by:
Win 7 Ultimate 32 bits
Dual core T4400 2.20 Ghz
Intel HD sound built in

Hitsound and capture flag songs fail random in game.
This started only now... and i dont changed nothing in my system after install the game.
Thanks given by:
.Legendary try this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7234-post...#pid141871

I haven't had a sound bug since, I'm on 8.1 but it may work for you as well
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 13, 11:28PM)Cleaner Wrote: .Legendary try this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7234-post...#pid141871

I've tried this, and it sadly didn't work for me (been meaning to tell ya). Still getting soundbugs like crazy :\. I've also identified that this isn't related to having Ts3/skype up, as I've gotten the soundbug w/o anything else running in the background. :<
Thanks given by:
Windows 8.1 (64Bit)
No.
reconnecting fixes bug.
No.
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 13, 11:46PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
(02 Dec 13, 11:28PM)Cleaner Wrote: .Legendary try this: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7234-post...#pid141871

I've tried this, and it sadly didn't work for me (been meaning to tell ya). Still getting soundbugs like crazy :\. I've also identified that this isn't related to having Ts3/skype up, as I've gotten the soundbug w/o anything else running in the background. :<

Same.
Thanks given by:
I only get the bug when TS is up. Also, either AC or TS constantly emits a double beep when both are open.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if this is a thing, but i turned my "Sounds at once" down to 20 and I have not had the problem again since.. yet.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 13, 04:55PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Not sure if this is a thing, but i turned my "Sounds at once" down to 20 and I have not had the problem again since.. yet.

Tried that, still got the bug rather quickly :\
Thanks given by: