The real question!
Big question about Assault Cube Community (jk);

What mean GEMA mod in fact?

For example: TOSOK mean "Team One Shot One Kill".

And why not rename it as "Parkour" all simply?

Feel free to debate and thank's in advance!
Thanks given by:
In what way is GEMA parkour?
Thanks given by:
GEMA = Jumping Erratically, Moving in Air

Unfortunately, the person who created GEMAs had very bad spelling, and so instead of naming it JEMA they named in GEMA.
Thanks given by:
/sarcasm

... I think is just one of those words, just like 'Gif' - random as anything.

This is the internetz, there are always weird and wacky names out there.
Thanks given by:
This was discussed in the old forums a lot ... loads of assumptions but no one knew for sure
Thanks given by:
Almost every classic first person shooter had a jumping mod or a way of using rifles to jump.

Why here it was named Gema? Idk

Defrag sounds much better.
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 13, 05:58PM)Rainbow Wrote: I think is just one of those words, just like 'Gif' - random as anything.
GIF ain't random.
GIF = Graphics Interchange Format
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 13, 05:42PM)C4rma Wrote: In what way is GEMA parkour?
Parkour is a way of moving from one place to another as quickly and as efficiently as possible by means of running, jumping and other such things;

It's the goal of this mod, that's why the word parkour is more appropriate...

PS: And we didn't even know what GEMA really mean!

Edit: Or it can be also called FR (Free Run) eventually.
Thanks given by:
Much better thread on the subject here: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5967.html
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 13, 09:04PM)Krayce Wrote: It's the goal of this mod, that's why the word parkour is more appropriate...

PS: And we didn't even know what GEMA really mean!

Edit: Or it can be also called FR (Free Run) eventually.

why not just accept it and call it gema?
Thanks given by:
You mentioned earlier that zombies was more accepted than gema. This is because zombies is server side controlled and not just a CTF gamemode where you hope players will do what you say. Granted gema has also been hard coded into servers but again that makes use for a modded server and like zombies, must use a negative protocol or not register to the master server.

For instance, my server is played fairly often without being on the MS. If you want to play gema, get a gema modded server and advertise it to your friends or create a separate MS or something else.
Thanks given by:
Yes, we should force all the pubbers to change the name to FR even though the devs want nothing to do with Gema.
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 13, 10:33PM)ElCrema Wrote: Much better thread on the subject here: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5967.html
Nope, it's just a flameware thread...

So, who had the idea to invent this mod?
I think we will never know as what happen after the dead.
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 13, 05:42PM)C4rma Wrote: In what way is GEMA parkour?
in what way ISNT it?
Thanks given by:
afaik parkour is when you overcome obstacles in the environment only using your body to do so. I don't see the nades and the use of AR fitting with naming it parkour.
Thanks given by:
I found this
Argentine women business group XD
It doesn't meant anything. I think is some kind of rock. http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gema
Thanks given by:
This has been an unsolved mystery for a while. No one knows.
Thanks given by:
|HP| is the best he probably knows but doesn't want to tell the public to leave us in suspense and troll all of us.
Thanks given by: