Meaning of "gema"
What does the name "gema" stand for?
Thanks given by:
Stupid Translation

http://translate.google.com/#pt/en/gema

Gema stands for an unofficial ac mode,
in which you dont kill,
instead you try to pass the obstacle course.
Thanks given by:
yolk
Thanks given by:
means yolk in portuguese
means gem in spanish
in germany it's known as the 'Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte', popularly known for blocking youtube videos

no one really knows
Thanks given by:
it also means "gem" in portuguese
Thanks given by:
gem? noonoonoo

gema is a game

and in portuguese its gema not gem

idiots i'm portuguese FORGET THE FUCKING GOOGLE TRANSLATION
Thanks given by:
are you sure you're portuguese? because the retarded portuguese-speaking are usually brazilian.
Thanks given by:
well its not the same and yes i'm portuguese watch my site or my profile here ask anyone on ac i'm portuguese dude and brazillian its not the same thing we have some diff in talking !
Thanks given by:
baby, we're not idiots, and you're not the only portuguese in the club.

"gem" is the english word, not the portuguese one, something you might find difficult to assimilate.
Thanks given by:
You see, that's why there is so many Brazilian jokes about how Portuguese people are not very bright.
You can't complain if you keep giving us ammunition like that HarDZi!nN+

Gema in portuguese means: egg yolk or gem (as in precious or semi-precious stones, jewels...)
Thanks given by:
egg and yolk doesen't exist on portuguese language !!!!!!!!!

Get it and don't talk about portugueses ok and fuk the jokes at least portugueses are not stupids like brazillian people ok? ask some portugueses next time !
Thanks given by:
Apparently the Portuguese call them "Roundish shelled white food" and "Yellow stuff in Roundish shelled white food". Being from Portugal and all, I thought you might have known that titi, gosh.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 12, 12:54PM)HarDZi!nN+ Wrote: egg and yolk doesen't exist on portuguese language !!!!!!!!!
[Image: roflbot-ZfY6_2_.jpg]

Stop giving Crema laughs on our expense..
Thanks given by:
Dois portugueses se encontram e um pergunta para o outro:
- Oh! Manoel, por onde anda nosso grande amigo Pedro, ha tempos não o vejo?
– Ora pois Joaquim, não soubeste não? Ele foi pego roubando ovos, foi preso e condenado a forca.
- Ai meu deus, ele foi enforcado? Pelos ovos?
– Pelos ovos não homen, pelo pescoço!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 12, 04:06PM)ElCrema Wrote: ...Pelos ovos não homen, pelo pescoço!
I love jokes like this.

Quote:HarDZi!nN+
And this.

The reason the obstacle mode is referred to as gema is, I believe, lost in the mists of time. No one I've ever asked has known the answer.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 12, 09:08PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: in germany it's known as the 'Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte', popularly known for blocking youtube videos
i like to play them but that stupid name always reminds me of that. <.<

HarDZi!nN+ Wrote:not stupid
click me as hard as you can
Thanks given by:
ITS NOT ON PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE OK?
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 12, 10:52PM)HarDZi!nN+ Wrote: ITS NOT ON PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE OK?
yes, we call that special chicken poo and special chicken poo core
Thanks given by:
go joke for your mom ok ?

i will not get trouble here or anywhere

stupid kid grow up and then talk here
Thanks given by:
Stop posting Hardzin lol. The language barrier has pretty much left you prone to insults.
Thanks given by:
The meaning will be created again when the new release kills half the gemas out there and they fork from AC, into Super Mega Gema Cube, with stronger rifle jumping. :3
Playerskins will look like...
Ripped from the Cleaner's Fun Corner thread.
Thanks given by:
is the term "Gema" just an AssaultCube thing?
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 12, 12:54PM)HarDZi!nN+ Wrote: egg and yolk doesen't exist on portuguese language !!!!!!!!!
Ovo e gema de ovo?

I gess the word comes from platform games, i played a few where the objective was to collect gems (precious jewels).
Thanks given by:
gema could be another version of give me. Or even "get me some o dat!" or since it's primarily CTF based it could be a combination of Give Me That FLAG BITCH that turned into the super fast unkill version of G E M A! Take out the kills in CTF what are you running for? The flag! Do you nEEd kills to flag? Nope! Maybe it's a mix for the liquid silent that is true CTF mode, just minus the enemy, or maybe it's helping you learn the AR (which if you monglos haven't realized yet is one of the flagship weps for AC... I mean shit, you use the gun for the ammo?? Hell no! Ya use it for the riiifffffle jump!!!!!!! Hell Yeah!! The true meaning can be found out you just have to trace it. Spiral the old players who are left and you'll see quite a tree.
Thanks given by:
Hunt XYs to collect gems from them and come back to NPC XY.
Thanks given by:
its called gema because it was mean to be "game" but the name of the game mode was written by brazilians
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 12, 09:08PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: in germany it's known as the 'Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte', popularly known for blocking youtube videos

no one really knows

this institute wants money, thats all.
Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 12, 06:29PM)YourSister Wrote: its called gema because it was mean to be "game" but the name of the game mode was written by brazilians

yes - finalmente acertaram
Thanks given by:
I never knew, thank god for Brazilians! I like playing gemas every once in a while, fun to stop shooting noobs for a while.
Thanks given by:
Now my life is complete, I can die happy!
Thanks given by: