Your thoughts on Syria
Just like to know your thoughts on it.

I personally think the US should not take part in this.
Thanks given by:
I think they should take part.
Thanks given by:
I think it's not my problem.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea how Americans are agreeing with Obama on this, once more, another Middle-Eastern country the US wants to invade.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 04:39AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Americans are agreeing with Obama

Polling suggests a majority of the public is opposed to various kinds of intervention.

I have to say though I don't think Obama really had any intention of intervening. He knows it's deeply unpopular and risky.

Rand Paul made an apt comment on the issue. He said the question for the US government is not whether Assad's regime used chemical weapons(although some will certainly dispute it) but whether a US/international strike eroding Assad's power will increase or decrease the odds of chemical weapons falling into the hands of paramilitary groups who seek to do harm. Paul believes it will increase those odds and so we should not intervene. The public will agree with Paul.

So why ramp up talks of a strike if most believe it will be an unnecessary risk or even counter-productive? I think it's because Russia and others have pushed for a diplomatic resolution. Obama knows if he ramps up talk of a strike Russia will push for diplomatic action more strongly. Syria being Russia's only real ally in the region gives both sides incentive to see this diplomatic action through. Syria's incentive is obviously avoiding a strike while Russia's incentive is seeing its ally avoid said strike. If Assad believes a strike could happen then all sides have an incentive to exercise diplomacy.

There's more to it than that. We could talk about Qatar and the oil and so on but I think the talk of a strike has been largely bluster. If it came down to it, if it was necessary and unavoidable, a strike would certainly happen. But it seems extremely unlikely now with Syria agreeing to hand over and destroy its weapons cache(my understanding).
Thanks given by:
Obama: "I understand" American people aren't with me on Syria strike..."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57...ia-strike/

More than half of Americans say no to military action in Syria, polls ...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013...yria-poll/
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 04:39AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I have no idea how Americans are agreeing with Obama on this, once more, another Middle-Eastern country the US wants to invade.

Firstly, Obama doesn't have the power to necessarily invade Syria, as he needs congressional approval for any military activity that will last longer than 60 days. Tomahawk missiles can still be launched up Assad's ass, however, a full-scale invasion of Syria is impossible due to the overwhelming opposition of the American public towards any military involvement in Syria. Also, any conclusive evidence of the Assad regime's involvement in the recent chemical attack in Damascus, that the Americans apparently possess, has not been presented to the public.

(11 Sep 13, 04:02AM)DrauL Wrote: I think it's not my problem.

Secondly, the isolationist era has long since past, and as much as Americans and the rest of the world are, correctly, distrustful of their government's motives, the mantle of world protector has passed onto the United States. The United Nations is far too ineffective of a governing body to commit to any action in Syria. One needs to only look to the atrocities of World War 1, the Iran-Iraq war, etc. to understand that chemical warfare is immoral and unlawful by nature and should not be tolerated by the international community.

Currently, the issue isn't necessarily whether or not the Assad government was involved in the attack. Rather, the United States and its 'allies' wish to dissuade and deter the Assad regime from employing the use of chemical weapons in the future. As Mael said, it is hopeful that Assad's complicity in Obama's request to give up his chemical weapon cache will deny any hope of an American strike in Syria into the near future, as Obama will no longer have a valid casus belli.
Thanks given by:
Its a syrias issue

We should only get rid off assad, but the rebels will also ruin the country if you see what they are doing already, recording the execution of multiple soldiers and then cutting them open to eat their heart.
Thanks given by:
The rebels with the weapons are democratic people for USA because they can defend their freedom. They can fight against the enemy government. This is the cheapest way how to defeat someone, supply the rebels with some old weapons and spectate what will happen. It is the best way how to control some country, you will choose the group of rebels which you will support. You don't need attack. The dictator has no chance if everyone has some weapon, therefore in US everyone has the weapon. Try to conquer the country where everyone has the weapon. There is a deep system in it. You can rule sheep but not lion. But human side is terrible, these people have freedom but for the price of thousands deaths. But it is probably the best way how to learn them democracy.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 05:39AM)Undead Wrote: Also, any conclusive evidence of the Assad regime's involvement in the recent chemical attack in Damascus, that the Americans apparently possess, has not been presented to the public.

(11 Sep 13, 04:39AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: once more, another Middle-Eastern country the US wants to invade.

Everything is said, if you are for the invade, you are blind (or a bastard), this is not a point of view, this is a fact.
Thanks given by:
The UN should definitely do something, but not the US.
If only the Russians weren't shutting everything down...
Thanks given by:
There's obviously a tremendous humanitarian need in Syria right now, and all governments can argue about is whether or not they can justify an invasion...just the usual bullshit of USA trying to regulate things they don't understand with violence, again.

Thank god British parliament voted against the UK joining any USA-led military "intervention", although the vote results were far too close IMO.
Thanks given by:
I think Holland is trying to convince our government to join USA army in this shit.
He's just sucking Obama's dick, I honeslty think Russians did it great this time, at least someone dares to speak against USA with no fear.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 09:28AM)ExodusS Wrote: Everything is said, if you are for the invade, you are blind (or a bastard), this is not a point of view, this is a fact.

it really isn't that simple. for all we know they actually have 100% conclusive proof, but the evidence indicts them in some way. therefore, they would not want to share the evidence but would wish to punish Syria.

again, i must stress that even with conclusive evidence, the president CANNOT authorize a full-scale invasion without congressional approval, which he does not have.

also, i'm a bastard

(11 Sep 13, 11:52AM)ExodusS Wrote: I think Holland is trying to convince our government to join USA army in this shit.
He's just sucking Obama's dick, I honeslty think Russians did it great this time, at least someone dares to speak against USA with no fear.

putin is [le]terally jesus, BEST defender of human rights and national hero of russia.

nigga please.

i would just completely avoid sympathizing with the most evil proponent of realpolitik alive today.
Thanks given by:
I like Russia's foreign policy more than America's..

The Arab league should step in to fix up both Egypt and Syria imo
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 04:02AM)DrauL Wrote: I think it's not my problem.

So you're one of those people who prefers to click a new about Miley Cyrus' ass?

I'm not going to pick sides here but a lot can go wrong even if U.S decides to nuke Syria. Hizbollah will attack Israel with the help of Shia muslims in Iran. Russia will support Iran. #WWIII
Thanks given by:
Obama, like any other 'average' USA president so far, is going to do everything to move towards a war and therefore invade anything. So yeah, I would just let Syria destroy its fucking ass off with no external intervention and let the rest of the world live in peace.

Seriously, Middle East has always been called the terrorist, but fuck that, US sucks even more. If ME wouldn't exist at all and US presidents were not so faggot, imagine what a peaceful world.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 13, 04:23PM)Andrez Wrote: ...and US presidents were so faggot...

Like for example Ronald Reagan

Thanks given by:
Geek explaination:

"Guys, It's like if we play one RTS game.
So, what you need to begin the game and prosper? RESSOURCES -> MONEY!
Then you have to invade the world...
...USA are pro-gamer that's all, stop ragequit(jk)"
Thanks given by:
Why should we go into Syria? They are battling Al-Qaeda which is also an enemy. Al-Qaeda is the rebels in Syria, and why should we go into THEIR civil war?
Thanks given by:
I just did my current events essay on this and think that the US should not interfere. first of all, it would risk making Russia the US's enemy, which could easily come into another war, or world war for that matter. secondly, it would make things worse than it is for the US. the economy is already bad, war will make it worse; and taxes will sore for mass production of weapons, leading for protests. No one likes taxes. third, we could risk killing civilians. the gas/chemical attacks on the population of Syria killed hundreds; launching missile attacks won't make it any better. in fact, it'll bump it to thousands. the people of both sides would be miserable. the US should really not interfere with the war in Syria. enough people have died and enough money has been wasted.
Thanks given by:
Buck Ofama. Thats why I voted Mitt. #RomneyGang2016
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 13, 02:07AM)gambino Wrote: Buck Ofama. Thats why I voted Mitt. #RomneyGang2016
Thanks given by:
the USA should mind its own business. firstly, imagine how much money would be poured into a strike against syria (as if we werent already trillions in debt) and secondly, syria is currently allies with russia and china. if that isnt bad enough, from what ive heard the only country that would be willing to support the US is france. other than that, the US has absolutely no help coming from any other country.

[Image: obama-yolo2.png]
Thanks given by:
It's tragic that so many innocents are being killed daily, including children.
Simply like we did with Libya, a few carriers, some well placed airstrikes to limit their power, and aid the rebels victory in a hope to end bloodshed. NATO has the capabilities to do so without any feet touching Syrian ground. If some countries step up and save them, cool. If not, then it sucks more innocents have to die.
Thanks given by:
the United States cant do it, as i said, we are trillions in debt.
Thanks given by:
i don't know about you guys but all i see right now is a replay of Iraq.

no one wants to do this, not even Obama. people are forgetting that the only reason Obama is trying to follow through with this is because he is trying to live up to his promise of intervening if chemical weapons are involved.
Thanks given by:
I'm amazed so few americans understand the issue with the clarity Undead does. Worrying.
Thanks given by:
Just my opinon, sorry if its "to much". Hope i dont become a bann because of that.

There are so many facts about uncle sam:
Since the first world war Great Britain, France and the others of the Entente were in the blame of uncle sam (till today). Uncle sam got really rich because the Entente was in his balme and because the economic in america got bigger and bigger because of the war. Since this day till today uncle sam infiltrated the world. Today they have over 700 military bases all over the world. The Dollar is "the currency" of this world. (Just remind Irak, when Hussein was selling the oil in Dollars, everything was fine for america. he could do in Irak, what he wanted. But when he started to sell in Euros, he went to the bad man...Anyway..)
Today there are two sides of the oil buisness in the middle east. China-Russia-Iran-Syria vs. USA-Katar-Arabian. Since a while there was planed a oil pipeline from Iran-Russia-Syria-Iran in Syria to supply europe with oil. Uncle sam dont like it maybe because he want also to sell his oil with Katar and Arbaian to europe... Anyway so many bad facts...

Is it just another story or has all this to do with that? I really dont know...

BUt at least one thing is really 100% true. That uncle sam and Russia keep going a war in Syria since years. When both wont have given anyone weapons, the war would have been problaly found an end already a while ago. :/

Hope that this shit has soon an end. An good end without the Scharia for Syira...

If anyone is laughing about my english: Try to speak german as i speak english or stfu.
Thanks given by:
Keine Sorgen, dein Englisch ist sehr sexy <3
Thanks given by: