Alternative Shotgun Animation (Stock shotgun) WIP
[Image: shotgun_animation_small_zps376a2460.gif]

Basicly a new animation for the shotty. Though I'm not completely satisfied with it, I figured release it anyways (since I can always update as desired). All constructive criticism is appreciated (or suggestions, they help too).

Download on Akimbo
Thanks given by:
Looks hawt. The arm looks like it gets skinny when it pumps it.
Thanks given by:
That's because the arm is lowered in the animation. :>
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Great job! Still won't use shotty tho lol
Thanks given by:
it look cool. can you add the empty shell?
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 13, 01:46AM)mpx Wrote: it look cool. can you add the empty shell?

I can. Will try to have it up within the next couple of days.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 13, 02:02AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
(02 Sep 13, 01:46AM)mpx Wrote: it look cool. can you add the empty shell?

I can. Will try to have it up within the next couple of days.

[Image: tMZ7n5K.gif]
Thanks given by:
Finished! It's in the first post, just click on the attatchment.

[Image: sgshellsmall_zpsb327fd15.gif]

Download
Thanks given by:
(30 Aug 13, 02:50AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: That's because the arm is lowered in the animation. :>

I don't see how this makes the entire arm skinnier.
It looks like that gross effect when a 2D image is rotated in 3D space.

I guess I can't explain it very well, but when I stare at the sleeve really close it just looks wrong.

:>
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 13, 03:29AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
(30 Aug 13, 02:50AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: That's because the arm is lowered in the animation. :>
I don't see how this makes the entire arm skinnier.
Seems logic since the arm is dragged further away from POV

(02 Sep 13, 03:29AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: It has that gross effect when a 2D image is rotated in 3D space.
:>
This is not the case here, the forearm is 3D
Thanks given by:
cool.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 02:13AM)jarhead2000 Wrote: BOOM! BAM! POW!
Why is that comment for?

Pinpointing at some details don't at all mean violence or any aggrovative contradiction from my part towards Felix.

Jarhead2000 can't you just stfu every now and then you little forum freak. Being banned just for that on AKIMBO isn't enough maybe?
Thanks given by:
sorry.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 02:45AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(04 Sep 13, 02:13AM)jarhead2000 Wrote: BOOM! BAM! POW!
Why is that comment for?

Jarhead2000 can't you just stfu every now and then you little forum freak. Being banned just for that on AKIMBO isn't enough maybe?

Thank you cleaner! I mean I understand people liking the mod. But just posting stupid, unconstructive comments is just blasphemy, and does not help me develop my skills any better, nor does it help me make better mods.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 11:43AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: posting stupid, unconstructive comments is just blasphemy, and does not help me develop my skills any better, nor does it help me make better mods.
They need to understand that we have "off-topic" thread dedicated to it, but they still posting "bullshit" in some serious topic.
Anyway, your mod is just incredible!
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 01:36PM)Krayce Wrote:
(04 Sep 13, 11:43AM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: posting stupid, unconstructive comments is just blasphemy, and does not help me develop my skills any better, nor does it help me make better mods.
They need to understand that we have "off-topic" thread dedicated to it, but they still posting "bullshit" in some serious topic.
Anyway, your mod is just incredible!

Lol totally! And thank you! :)
Thanks given by:
OK, do you think that you can make the reload animation? will be a little more complex, but as you know. there's no reload animation on all weapons, they just hide on the bottom of the screen. little boring for me. :P
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 11:07PM)mpx Wrote: OK, do you think that you can make the reload animation? will be a little more complex, but as you know. there's no reload animation on all weapons, they just hide on the bottom of the screen. little boring for me. :P

I would, but by default all the weapons are brought down by Open GL (it's hardcoded), and devs didn't see it necessary to alter this. So unless I can figure a way around it, there won't be a reload animation. :|
Thanks given by:
We would then have to fully rework the playermodel to add reload animation for every weapon.
Right now playermodel has 197 animated frames (including the useless boot kick) I don't really think any modeller around here will feel like working countless hours adding 100+ extra frames to it just for the sake of some visuals that at the end of the day won't fit with actual reload timing at all, final results won't make it any more realistic.

Sorry for purists but it's simply not worth the hassle.
Thanks given by:
@mpx
<<Why makes it hard when you can makes it easy?>>
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory waits for reload animations..
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 13, 11:39AM)MykeGregory Wrote: * MykeGregory waits for reload animations..
Waiting for animation is contradictory...
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 13, 11:39AM)MykeGregory Wrote: * MykeGregory waits for reload animations..

Its a couple line code change really. The problem that I see is how many frames to use and what to do about varying reload times. Not only does reload times change with each weapon, but they change with each version of AC.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 08:22AM)Cleaner Wrote: We would then have to fully rework the playermodel to add reload animation for every weapon.
Right now playermodel has 197 animated frames (including the useless boot kick) I don't really think any modeller around here will feel like working countless hours adding 100+ extra frames to it just for the sake of some visuals that at the end of the day won't fit with actual reload timing at all, final results won't make it any more realistic.

Sorry for purists but it's simply not worth the hassle.

you are talking about the player-model, but i was saying about the hands only. keeping the player-model as it.
Thanks given by:
Sure it can also be done the cheapest way, only through the weapons model's animations but at the end of the day my last argument remains valid...

It won't fit with actual reload timing at all
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 04:50AM)Cleaner Wrote: It won't fit with actual reload timing at all
I know about an ac fork that has reload animations, and the timing is ok.
Isn't there a way to add a CS line like "md3anim reloadtime <value>" to make it faster or slower to match the reload timing?

:3
Thanks given by: