8th mapping contest results?
72 days after the deadline, still not a single word about the results.

Judge deadline plis.
Thanks given by:
I submitted my results right after the first weekend.
Thanks given by:
There are no losers in this contest. Only wieners.
Thanks given by:
I have talked with snoosnoo. Even I have done the same as him, a few of the judges have yet to submit results. Last I heard it was still Waffles and DogDancing (with Waffles atleast beginning to get to his). So if you want results, go bother them about getting their scores together.
Thanks given by:
Step your contest management game up and get active judges next time.
Thanks given by:
im plenty active, some of us just dont have to bitch constantly (although im about to).

you can't rush perfection, and i assure you my scores will be the height of map judging since the inception (jokes)
Thanks given by:
It seemsto me, everybody tries to point another and clean himself. In my opinion it would be better to discuss and find an alternative, than trying to accuse eachother for being careless/or not. I believe for now, nobody cares about whose mistake it was or why this happened. It's more important to understand, when a party is set up,you All have responsible for it, to respect all the mappers, modelers and followers who has put their efforts/time/energy on it(even there would be only one entry).
There is no need to say about the importance of map contests during all these years. Lots of mappers did make maps and lots of awesome maps got released(and some became official) and everybody enjoyed it.

The truth is that, with or without such contests, the mappers will keep making maps and modelers do make models, but now the question is : would anybody like to get involved with any next parties like this or not.
Thanks given by:
so ? what should we understand ? no results will be communicated ?
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 13, 07:25PM)SrPER$IAN Wrote: The truth is that, with or without such contests, the mappers will keep making maps and modelers do make models, but now the question is : would anybody like to get involved with any next parties like this or not.

At first, I though the "history" theme was a complete garbage, but in fact, this theme "forced" mappers to think differently and without this, we would not have ac_popeii wich is not only a high quality map, it is also a new map theme for future mappers. So, even if mappers will still make maps without those contests, they will not be forced to progress and the mapper will "rest in his laurels".

Even if there are only 3 entries, this time we can see only serious mappers entered in the contest, the average map quality is high and there is no "noob" maps as in previous contests.

Mappers respected the deadline, judges should respect mappers, I think 100+ days is enough to test and note 3 maps.
Thanks given by:
Actually there are 6 entries, i was confirmed the list was this one : http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=589
Thanks given by:
judging takes more time than creating, are you kidding ? :D
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 13, 11:50AM)Alien Wrote: judging takes more time than creating, are you kidding ? :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks given by:
Snoosnoo and DogDancing both didn't visit this forum for 2+ months now.
We should just name 2 mappers as new judges and finish this contest.
Thanks given by:
Maybe we should organize something as akimbo maintainers. I'll ask Cleaner and the others.
Thanks given by:
So, any updates already?
Thanks given by:
I can submit my scores to anyone else who wants them.
Thanks given by:
I guess we can just be content with the fact that ac_tut won it.
Thanks given by:
Anyway we all know who would win in any case.

Gratz to Z3R0 in advance.
Thanks given by: