I want your maps!
(31 Jul 13, 07:01PM)Luc@s Wrote: what's the point of making maps that lag too much to be played on some computers, on a game claiming to be running perfectly on old machines ?

learning the mapping mode, because some of those maps are mine, and if my older maps were not played, my newer maps would not exist.
Thanks given by:
The discussion with coder who implements restrictions is your wasting time, from my own experience: my code is the law and the user is an idiot, the better is to end it and say to dev "he is an idiot and he doesnt understand his game." We save the time both and i might apply that long time ago. :P In this game is nobody with pragmatic thinking who could say what is better, restriction or not. For the outcoming map store, there will be interesting statistics of playable maps vs not playable on normal server, next sad fact ...
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 13, 11:13PM)Alien Wrote: The discussion with coder who implements restrictions is your wasting time, from my own experience: my code is the law and the user is an idiot, the better is to end it and say to dev "he is an idiot and he doesnt understand his game." We save the time both and i might apply that long time ago. :P In this game is nobody with pragmatic thinking who could say what is better, restriction or not. For the outcoming map store, there will be interesting statistics of playable maps vs not playable on normal server, next sad fact ...

...and i do believe talking with you about that topic is a waste of time.
Thanks given by:
This conversation should not be happening on this thread. In fact, its happened way too much at all.

Sorry for continuing it when it got started. But perhaps we should stray away from this topic right now?

Also, Brahma did most of the restriction implementing. Go hate on him.
Thanks given by:
what was that sniper hs training map called where it was just a flat map with hp packs and armour everywhere?
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 13, 05:10AM)Vermi Wrote: what was that sniper hs training map called where it was just a flat map with hp packs and armour everywhere?

we played it a lot when i was IAF, and iirc we made it ourselves.
i can't remember its name though.
Thanks given by:
that map was beast
Thanks given by:
Certainly uplifted AC to higher standards and made thousands of gamers quit CS, BF3, MW3 and such altogether to come play AssaultCube.

back to topic now please
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 13, 06:52AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Because sometimes nostalgia parties are fun?
[Image: If-Chuck-Norris-Drinks-Pepsi-I-Will-Drin..._97300.gif]

(29 Jul 13, 09:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: probably will serve useful to people without easy access to a webhost and don't want to deal with mediafire (I certainly dont like mediafire).
Owkey, website updated: http://upload.1freebb.com/index.php

I'm so sad, i just remember that i have restored my PC 3 times since Assault Cube 1.0!
Anyway, some maps here

PS: You can also check Akimbo and Quadropolis.
Thanks given by:
Got it, thanks :D
Thanks given by:
Where can we find your online archive?
Thanks given by:
I have like a 1000 maps from 1.0 including the Headshot training map, and quite a lot of GEMAS
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 13, 06:13PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Got it, thanks :D
Your welcome :)

(02 Aug 13, 08:53PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: I have like a 1000 maps from 1.0 including the Headshot training map, and quite a lot of GEMAS
So upload and send them! <3
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 13, 01:51PM)MathiasB Wrote: Where can we find your online archive?

Assuming I can figure out some really simple JS, probably will launch pretty soon.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 13, 02:46AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Assuming I can figure out some really simple JS, probably will launch pretty soon.

Like?
Thanks given by:
RR do you has Muzzleflash maps???
Thanks given by:
Like, I actually realized I don't need it :3
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 13, 02:58AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Hey all,

I am currently making an online map archive, which will host many (I hope) maps for assaultcube. Not an akimbo-like site with forums and quality control, but more or less a site where you can find a map you liked but lost at one time.

Right now I only have my maps folder which is rather large (close to 1000 maps), but I want to make this archive as complete as possible and I don't have a lot of the recent maps.

So if you have a big maps folder, it would be awesome if you could send it to me.

Note that if you have your own maps that are IP that you don't want to share, you might not want to send those to me. As I won't filter them out myself.

Hi Ronald, below my maps

www.antoniopetroni.com/maps.7z

Best regards

http://www.antoniopetroni.com/ac_space.zip

Alguns aqui também:

http://grupo-v7.com/urs/mapas.html
Thanks given by:
@ ursopufe, just to let you know... There is nothing we can do with cfg files, we need cgz .

Edit: also, your ac_space package is a total mess...

- install.txt file talks about a skymap not provided.
- mapmodels.zip? redundant!
- only one of your mapmodel has a texture (or skin if you like) and btw could you include credits for these models.
Thanks given by: