hitsound problem
Hi.
I was testing one of 888's scripts (the one that allows you to remove the sound of your own shooting), and using the seems to have removed my hitsound. Is there a way to get it back?

I've tried the /hitsound and /mutesound commands to no avail. Could this possibly be because I've modded my hitsound file? Will I need to do a clean reinstall? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
back up the shits u messing with man, cant you just use audacity or something to mod the AR noise?
Thanks given by:
No idea how that could have happen.

Re-install AC? :p

Anyways, it worked for me... Feels really weird though, muting them sounds...
Thanks given by:
i don't really think such things should be allowed, but nobody has ever cared about my opinion in regards to consistency among all players clients so w/e
Thanks given by:
Here's the 1104 hitsound. It goes in /packages/audio/sounds/misc/

I'm with you, Vermi, if it makes you feel better.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 13, 02:41PM)Vermi Wrote: back up the shits u messing with man, cant you just use audacity or something to mod the AR noise?

I've tried using a few different programs, and none of them seem to work the way I want them to, which sucks.

(24 Jul 13, 02:52PM)Fate Wrote: Re-install AC? :p

Well after about three hours of messing around with it, I couldn't get both this script and my hitsounds to work at the same time. The only thing that got my hitsounds back was a clean re-install. No idea why :o
Also thanks jamz for your effort, but I'd prefer to continue using the ql hitsound as it's louder. Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess this can be locked now, sorry.
Thanks given by:
For future reference, and you may have tried this, you have to delete the script in all its instances meaning you'd have to find it in saved.cfg. Simply deleting a script from autoexec will not remove it completely
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd deleted all remnants of the script from my saved.cfg. I could hear my weapon sounds again but no hitsounds :(
Thanks given by:
Don't modifiy your game, don't get disadvantages of those modifications.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 13, 02:30AM)ExodusS Wrote: Don't modifiy your game, don't get disadvantages of those modifications.
Because there's absolutely no chance of a modification giving no disadvantages...
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 13, 08:18AM)Orynge Wrote: Because there's absolutely no chance of a modification giving no disadvantages...

If you were right, this thread wouldn't exist.
Thanks given by:
Im vanilla cept a skin or 2. Hope you get your problem worked out pfft.
Thanks given by: