Assault Cube Update
How do I update my current AC to the newest version with out re-installing the whole thing?
Thanks given by:
What's your current version?
Thanks given by:
The one before 1.101.
Thanks given by:
Assuming you have windows: Just install it in a different folder. When the install wizard asks you where you wanna place AC, create a different folder: i.e C:\Program Files\AC1.1 or whatever you fell like it, after you done, send assaultcube.bat to your desktop, change it to a cool icon and you are good to go.
Thanks given by:
I have Ubuntu.
Thanks given by:
Even easier: download, extract it in a different location of your previous versions and run the shell...
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 10, 12:14AM)Muddpup64 Wrote: I have Ubuntu.

wget http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/actiongame/AssaultCube%20Version%201.1.0.1/AssaultCube_v1.1.0.1.tar.bz2
then...
tar xjvf AssaultCube_v1.1.0.1.tar.bz2
followed by...
cd AssaultCube_v1.1.0.1

I think the step above is correct. Might need a bit of backing up from fellow Ubuntu users on that one. Now, before we can run AC we need to install all libraries needed for it to run. This can be done with...
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2 libsdl-image1.2 libopenal1 libsdl-ttf2.0-0

Hopefully, that should all work out. :)
Thanks given by:
which version should i be getting?

1.1.0.1?
1.1.0.2?
or 1.1.0.3?

and where do i get it?
Thanks given by:
Browse AssaultCube Files on SourceForge.net
Im using 1.1.0.1 atm.
Thanks given by:
get the latest one out, the Dev blog will have a post for the latest always

from reading the posts in reply to the main question, isn't he saying how to get the latest ac without re installing, without downloading it all over..?

the reply's are saying how to get 1.1 in a different location..but you have to download again, so the answer is no you cant
:D hope i'm right..
Thanks given by: