Dynamic Spawn Points
Are these possible under the cube engine? It would be really cool to have them. They use them in CoD and other modern games , so that if the enemy is crawling over your base you can still spawn without getting killed.

The command could work like the playerspawn command, except there could be 3 new options, one to say that it's a dynamic spawn, the second to say what order it's used in and the third could be a radius, which could stop the spawn from being used if there are enemies in it.

What do you guys think?
Thanks given by:
useless ?
Thanks given by:
I suggested an intelligent spawn system a while back, mainly for FFA modes but it would work for team modes as well.
Thanks given by:
Wow Mael, your custom user title really goes with your post. </offtopic>

Luc@s, why would it be useless?, it would be helpful with arena type maps, where you are almost always spawnkilled in TDM.
Thanks given by:
Well, I think it would be a good measure against spawn campers, but would be tricky to handle on small maps like ac_complex.

Another idea discussed was a 3 second spawn immortality, but that didn't work out so well.
Thanks given by:
It would also be tricky in CTF games.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 10, 10:36PM)StRaTo Wrote: Wow Mael, your custom user title really goes with your post. </offtopic>

Luc@s, why would it be useless?, it would be helpful with arena type maps, where you are almost always spawnkilled in TDM.

because you need a clever guy (I mean a human) to say if this is a place you can spawn or not in a map.
Thanks given by:
This is not a perfect system either. Just see how many CoD players are complaining about enemies spawning right in their back.
Thanks given by:
Learn to time :)
Thanks given by:
Or even easier. Time with your team and all spawn with shotguns at the same time.
Thanks given by:
lol
on mines that might work.
Thanks given by:
And complex
Thanks given by:
It wont work for CTF. And it would probably make CLA Power spawning even worse (spawning in that little gap there where you cant get out)
Thanks given by: