- Larry
- Undead
- Marti
ACWC Streamers (places still open):
- X-Ray_Dog
- 0xygen*
- Jonux

Notice to all participants:
The organization of a tournament such as the ACWC requires a set of rules and regulations, and many administrators and referees to help enforce said rules. By playing or involving yourself in this tournament, you agree to respect these rules and those who organize and assist with the running of the ACWC.
Since we can't predict every eventuality to any given scenario, we reserve the right to modify these rules at any stage, if necessary.
Violation of the following rules will result in sanctions, and possibly your disqualification from the tournament.

Introduction to the tournament:
The ACWC 2013 aims to be a fun and competitive AC (1.1.0.4) tournament between different countries. This year's ACWC will be led by Newbie, Harrek, and Vanquish, with help from Lucas, who has been awesome enough to make anticheat binaries and provide support to the team where he can.
You may not participate in this tournament if you have cheated or been blacklisted in the last six months, otherwise everyone is free to get involved - although we may deny certain teams or players from participating should they be in violation of the ACWC rules.

Team registration:
There will be a thread posted shortly where you may post to sign up your team. Fill out the sign-up form and admins will get back to you shortly.
Since this tournament is a world cup, a team should represent a country or at least a specific area/region in the world. Note that up to two teams may represent the same country - a qualifier match to decide which of the two teams will advance to the first round will be played on the week starting from the 27th.
The players of each team should have similar timezones and good organizational skills - if we see teams that are attempting to "stretch the boundaries" of countries, or teams that are attempting to make clan-like teams, we may deny these entries from participating.
If you want to play for a country other than the one where you are currently residing, you must have a compelling connection (such as citizenship) to the country in question, or else your entry will be denied.

Matches:
The tournament will be single elimination and will be played in 3vs3 CTF only.
A special anticheat client (big thanks to Lucas) will be made for the tournament and released at a later date. It will be compulsory to play with this at all times (we will know who is and who isn't using it).
Once all the teams have signed up and signups are closed, a bracket will be made and a weekly round thread will be provided on this forum. Once you have arranged the date and time for the match to be played, please post in the appropriate thread so that we can attempt to organize streamers/casters to cover the match. The winning team has the responsibility to post screenshots and demos on the thread.
If teams agree a time and one doesn't show up within 30 minutes, the other team wins (provided that they have evidence). If a time was unable to be settled, the team that tried hardest to arrange the match will be awarded the default win.
One map will be picked per round. The teams will be shuffled three times, and the team that has the most players on a side will play from this side first. Afterwards, the sides will be swapped, and the flags totalled from both rounds will be added together. Scoring is based on flags only - if the round is tied, two rounds of a tiebreaker map will be played in the same way. In the event of a tie yet again, a third map will be played on both sides.
Every player, sub and referee have to be using the ACWC client. Every match has to be played on an official ACWC server. Otherwise, the match results will simply be ignored.
We have not decided how maps will be released yet - the poll is open here so feel free to vote. At the end of the week, we will run with the option that has the highest number of votes.

Please ask any questions you may have!
Thanks given by:
I can stream if needed, and I also can help streamers to fix their settings because Twitch is bullshit and the half of viewers can't see a HD stream (for obvious reasons).
Thanks given by:
Good work guys!, any template is required to signup?
Thanks given by:
See what XRD and Sanzo can do for streaming.

Krayce, that will probably be covered in the separate thread for sign ups. :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 08:06PM)Krayce Wrote: Good work guys!, any template is required to signup?

Yes, vanquish will post something soon :)
Thanks given by:
My servers will be available, all refs PM me for PW, also noted oNe servers can now be accessed by:
xenoob.tk 9999 match
xenoob.tk 8999 match
etc
Thanks given by:
Good job guys
This ACWC seems interesting !
Thanks given by:
What will be the date of the final, or will that be known once all teams have been registered?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 08:17PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Krayce, that will probably be covered in the separate thread for sign ups. :)
(10 Jul 13, 08:28PM)Harrek Wrote: Yes, vanquish will post something soon :)

Thank's buddies.
Thanks given by:
I can stream/ref.
My PC and connection can handle full HD streams.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 01:50AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: What will be the date of the final, or will that be known once all teams have been registered?

It will depend on how many teams register this year, more information will be posted then along with the bracket.

Also, DrauL/ExodusS, does this mean I may add you as streamers? q:D
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 06:32AM)Vanquish Wrote: Also, DrauL/ExodusS, does this mean I may add you as streamers? q:D

Well, the huge issue in the streaming with Twitch is that, yeah it's cool for Sanzo and Draul that they can stream in full HD etc, but if they don't have a good twitch account, we (viewers) can't change the resolution, and since I can't load a 480p video on Youtube, I obviously can't afford a 600p+ on twitch (600p+ means at least 780p+ twitch is just bad with estimations). And I am French, I know many countries don't have such "good" internet connections.

On a 600p+ stream, half (or a bit less) can't see it properly, the stream works well during 1 second, then it starts loading during 10 seconds etc etc... and when the game is finish and all comments are saying "gg", you still have 10 minutes of video to load before the end.

One day we fixed it with Aekom on B} IRC, who made his stream in 360p, everyone could see the stream, I tried to convince Sanzo to do it as well, but he refused cause he said "we can't see players' names properly in the radar".
So what's the best option, half of people can see players' names or everyone can see the stream

About streams in general, it's always better to stream with some basic in-game settings such as "textreduce -1", just because the video you are sending to Twitch is obviously multiplexed, I will not explain it here, but it's just far better like that, in any case.
Thanks given by:
Well I'd never had any problems with Sanzo's streams, or anybody's streams actually, I had no idea these problems even existed. You're right when you say that making sure everyone is able to watch the stream should take priority over the level of quality (but equally well, I've seen streams in 144p, and they're unwatchable too but for quality reasons).

(10 Jul 13, 07:57PM)ExodusS Wrote: I can stream if needed, and I also can help streamers to fix their settings

Would be much appreciated if you could do either of these two things, the streams should ideally have as many viewers as possible - this should take precedence over things such as reading names on a radar, imo anyway.
Thanks given by:
Are there player specs allowed in the server? Imo people not associated with the game should watch the stream, with demos posted afterward for those who want. Maybe i cant read and this has been addressed already
Thanks given by:
I can commentate.
Thanks given by:
Regarding this subject of the streaming, i think 480p is enough for anyone to watch, less than that is "unwatchable".

Good job Vanquish, Newbie and Harrek :)

i am probably not playing but i would love to help in anyway ^^
Thanks given by:
please put some tdm htf tktf whatever
ac is not just ctf
cmon it's the world ucp not a random tournament
Thanks given by:
I agree with Luc@s, it would be nice to change it up a bit.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 04:48PM)Luc@s Wrote: please put some tdm htf tktf whatever
ac is not just ctf

It is the world cup yes. So its a tournament that really needs quality. TKTF and TDM has been absent from the competetive scene for a long time now. HTF is rarely played. We need quality in this tournament and I don't think we will get that with starting playing modes that are rarely played.

I do think that it could be interesting with tournaments where we do play these modes, but I do not think that the world cup is the correct time to start playing them.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 04:48PM)Luc@s Wrote: please put some tdm htf tktf whatever
ac is not just ctf

What about just the prelims?
Thanks given by:
There's other modes than CTF? O_O
Thanks given by:
TDM won't be very entertaining. HTF and TKTF games would be interesting.
Thanks given by:
What about TSURV?

C4rma brings up a good point; this is like the "major" competitive event for AC (at least most popular), so perhaps other modes could be used in the next AC tournament.
Thanks given by:
ctf is the only mode ever played in competitive and rightfully so. there isn't a mode that really challenges it in skill level.

tktf is a really gimmicky mode, and highly reliant on spawns. htf is basically the part in CTF where both teams trade flags, condensed into a game mode. tdm is camp fest.

of course i can tell that lucas, with his years of experience playing at the highest level, would know what would work best and has given this subject deep thought.

i can cast as well when i have the time, put me down if you want it doesn't really matter. doesn't seem like there is much demand for me to cast anyway, i just find it enjoyable to do.
Thanks given by:
CTF is the only competitive mode in AC.

If you don't think so then you're not competitive.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 03:54AM)Undead Wrote: ctf is the only mode ever played in competitive...

(12 Jul 13, 10:35AM)AtoMikK Wrote: CTF is the only competitive mode in AC.

Team mode.
Thanks given by:
UK|Jamz 2k13
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 10:35AM)AtoMikK Wrote: CTF is the only competitive mode in AC.

If you don't think so then you're not competitive.

drakas had done it in his acwc and there was no complaint. I guess nobody was competitive ?
Thanks given by:
if i remember correct, tosok was the mode in one of the rounds of the final of the first acwc.
i could be wrong though.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 02:08PM)Flames Wrote: if i remember correct, tosok was the mode in one of the rounds of the final of the first acwc.
i could be wrong though.

Yeah, under Drakas tdm and also tosok was played. For instance we played tosok ac_arctic vs SVK at the semifinal and also tdm desert vs them and it was very fine for me although i am not a tosok pro. We won by 1 frag at all this tosok and this was great actually.

I would not recommend tktf because spawns decide about win or lose.
Thanks given by: