Poll: How should we release the round maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Round maps should be released a week before the aforementioned round is due to be played
36.96%
17 36.96%
Round maps should be released entirely in advance
41.30%
19 41.30%
Round maps should be released in advance, except for the semifinals/finals
19.57%
9 19.57%
Other (please specify below)
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
ACWC Maps
indeed, some of them are.. But maps like gothic can now be won by CLA cus it's played so much.. Same with d3.. If teams only care about bias I guess we'd see more arid and aqueous (which r banned from this tournament and most other tournaments as well)..
Thanks given by:
Most enjoyable maps [10] (from competitive experience and spectator perspective):

ac_aqueous
ac_depot
ac_desert3
ac_elevation
ac_gothic
ac_mines
ac_power
ac_shine
ac_sunset
ac_urban
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 10:56PM)Krayce Wrote: Most enjoyable maps [10] (from competitive experience and spectator perspective):
ac_aqueous
???
Perhaps replace aqueous with ingress or werk.
Thanks given by:
Stopped reading when I saw the first map.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 10:16PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: Well, there may be few exceptions like the game you show, old players know what I'm talking about. Anyway, it's my opinion against yours... Let's see what acwc admins think.

no, the game has changed. i'd say being a good fragger is more important on power than on gothic due to the distances involved.

(19 Jul 13, 11:09PM)Oracle Wrote:
(19 Jul 13, 10:56PM)Krayce Wrote: Most enjoyable maps [10] (from competitive experience and spectator perspective):
ac_aqueous
???
Perhaps replace aqueous with ingress or werk.

(19 Jul 13, 11:09PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Stopped reading when I saw the first map.

aqueous is only disliked because it is heavily biased.
it's actual gameplay is quite good, and because of the ACWC format should be considered.
Thanks given by:

^this

Biased maps can have an interrest in this tournament since all maps are played on both sides, there is a huge gap between the ac_gothic and the ac_aqueous base advantage. ac_aqueous is so biased it's just killing every single actions from the RVSF team, making the game absolutelly boring/not interresting. But ac_desert3 wich is an overplayed map in matches, offers a fast gameplay and many ways for both teams to create interesting actions, offensives and flag scores.

Some maps are never played in matches, but they are still interresting, ac_power is a great open map, maybe a bit too huge for a fast game, but there are so much paths, it allows a lot of strategies and teamwork actions, IIRC we beat #M|A# on their choice (ac_power) but we were losing by frag (~70 frags, they had more than 100), wich means we just had a better teamwork and we did our best to counter their strategies.
Thanks given by:
You know nothing about competitive matches so;
This map was played during the ESL "3on3 Summer League"!
When Assault Cube was in ESL... [Old good times <3]:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/assaultcube/ctf/3on.../15630047/
http://www.esl.eu/eu/assaultcube/ctf/3on.../15630046/

If we can't play on "biased" maps, so we have only 3 maps to play (What a competitive game and freedom of choice).
Thanks given by:
Speaking about ESL and how it fits with AssaultCube is like arguing against yourself.
If ESL times were so great, this thread would not exist.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 13, 02:33AM)ExodusS Wrote: Speaking about ESL and how it fits with AssaultCube is like arguing against yourself.
If ESL times were so great, this thread would not exist.
Like you when you talk on competitive thread even if you created a topic to announce that you leave competitive world...

Anyway, it was just an argument to explain why ac_aqueous is part of competitive maps list.
Thanks given by:
I never said I left the competitive world, and ESL sucks for AC, is that so hard to understand? Saying ac_aqueous was played during an ESL match is just a counter-argument since ESL doesn't fit with AssaultCube's model. Like I said, if the ESL was so great, there would not be such discussions about a world cup on this forum.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 01:16AM)ExodusS Wrote: I never said I left the competitive world
ExodusS Wrote:The end of the competition for ExodusS.
Thanks given by:
Someone missed competitive AC...
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 01:31AM)Oracle Wrote: ...

Thanks a lot for going offtopic, I don't have a perfect memory but just enough for remember the name of threads I created and what I said into, if you spend 2s more to read it, you'll see I said I left the competition scene, since, I stopped playing against assholes but I enjoy speaking with them on the forum, also creating maps oriented for the competitive scene. I though my previous post was enough explicit and accurate (and in English as in French, each words adds a sence to the sentence) since I'm not enough dumb to self counter my own posts. And if you tryed to be funny, it wasn't.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 01:31AM)Oracle Wrote:
(21 Jul 13, 01:16AM)ExodusS Wrote: I never said I left the competitive world
ExodusS Wrote:The end of the competition for ExodusS.
^ this

(21 Jul 13, 01:16AM)ExodusS Wrote: ESL sucks for AC, is that so hard to understand?
What a joke! Yes, it suck when Assault Cube was very much active with many competitives clans like: (ANGRA/A&D/BC/dR-GrZ/rG/cS/OnLy3/OnLy4/3i/aCKa/BRC/cO/cS/CTK/IAF/KH/RA/RyL/TaS/TBR/MCNNM/NR/U...)
And with high skilled player from ESL (0t4ku)
Players come each year to the event of ACWC, but what happens during the entire year?

Anyway, maybe you are dumb for contradicting yourself on your old topic:
ExodusS Wrote:the game of today is not the game I used to enjoy before.
Thanks given by:
Man what the heck are you talking about, all your posts and reports on this forum are the best exemple of a total non-sence, you are just quoting people and adding a "+1" without saying why you are supporting it, you are posting another music genre than dubstep in the dubstep thread and you don't give a damn about other's advices, you always come on topics to turn it offtopic using personnal offences with screenshots/logs of players insulting each others, you know it will never help the situation to calm down, but you do it anyway. You create memes no-one understands... I laughed so hard when I saw what you said on the "rat mapmodel" thread, it just shows what's happening in your head right now.

Please, bring usefull informations on this forum or leave it, and I really wonder how you don't even have some warning points already, because I already earned some in the past for less than that.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 01:57AM)ExodusS Wrote: Thanks a lot for going offtopic
Thanks given by:
I give up with you.
Thanks given by:
French war woohoooo

/getbackontopicpls
Thanks given by:
Can I be in pls ?
I'm on the Krayce's side of course
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 05:27PM)Marti Wrote: French war woohoooo
Nope, just personal attack from Exo because he "burn/rage" so much. ;-)

It was not my goal, i just gave some arguments and trying to develop them about competitive maps list, and it was always on topic...
...so now, you know why ac_aqueous can be in competitive maps list lol!
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 05:41PM)Krayce Wrote:
(21 Jul 13, 05:27PM)Marti Wrote: French war woohoooo
Nope, just personal attack from Exo because he "burn" so much. ;-)

No, thats Waffles.
Thanks given by:
IT BURNS

but seriously, i'm wearing an eye-patch. Can there be a map in the pool that favors one-eyed sight?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 13, 10:03PM)Waffles Wrote: IT BURNS

but seriously, i'm wearing an eye-patch. Can there be a map in the pool that favors one-eyed sight?

When you wear an eye patch, people think you're tough.
When people think you're tough, they want to know how tough.
When they want to know how tough, you wake up in a roadside ditch.
Don't wake up in a roadside ditch.
Thanks given by:
ACWC Round Maps 2013

This year's round maps are released below. For the qualifiers, first and second rounds, only the first map will be played. The map in question will be played once on both sides. At the start of the match, an admin will shuffle the teams. The team with the most players on a certain side will play from this side first. After the match is over, sides are switched and the map is replayed. The match is scored based on the cumulative flags totalled at the end of both rounds. In the event of a tie, the tiebreak map will be played in much the same way.

For the semifinals and finals, both maps will be played on both sides, as opposed to just one map on both sides. Using the final as an example, two rounds of shine are played, and cumulative flags will be totalled to make the winner of round one. Then, two rounds of elevation will be played, and cumulative flags will be totalled to make the winner of round two. If there is no clear winner, a special entrusted, secret admin (who isn't playing this year's ACWC) will choose and then reveal a final tiebreak map to be played in the same way.

Qualifier Round Map
Qualifier Tiebreak Map
ac_ingressac_werk

1st Round Map
1st Round TB Map
ac_desert3ac_mines

2nd Round Map
2nd Round TB Map
ac_gothicac_urban

Semifinal Map 1
Semifinal Map 2
ac_powerac_sunset

Final Map 1
Final Map 2
ac_shineac_elevation

The bracket will be released soon (as soon as signups are closed).
Thanks given by: