Poll: How should we release the round maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Round maps should be released a week before the aforementioned round is due to be played
36.96%
17 36.96%
Round maps should be released entirely in advance
41.30%
19 41.30%
Round maps should be released in advance, except for the semifinals/finals
19.57%
9 19.57%
Other (please specify below)
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
ACWC Maps
Outpost is unplayable in 3v3's though, and really rarely played in it... Urban does at least have more than two ways..

And I agree with undead.. Depot, keller and iceroad r kinda uninteresting maps, as it's a lot harder to get flags, mainly cus there are only two ways... This will probably bring more camping, and less enjoyable gameplay..
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 10:21PM)yopa Wrote: Depot, keller and iceroad r kinda uninteresting maps, as it's a lot harder to get flags, mainly cus there are only two ways... This will probably bring more camping, and less enjoyable gameplay..
I second this.
Thanks given by:
yes
Thanks given by:
Depot was a very good and intense map before. But it was before. :P
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 10:21PM)yopa Wrote: Depot, keller and iceroad
Yawn
Thanks given by:
let's all run at each other and get shot repeatedly until one breaks throu... nvm
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 11:15PM)Waffles Wrote: let's all run at each other and get shot repeatedly until one breaks throu... nvm

I saw what you did there ;D

Thanks given by:
cheeky lil cunt
Thanks given by:
inb4 depot finals with 0 viewers
Thanks given by:
im glad someone understands my subtlety <3.

but seriously, depot is a proven map with intense fragging, but similar to keller, it can get repetitive and can be not very fun to watch. If anything, i like the map pool to be larger, but how many dedicated maps do we need for Ro16-8-4-2? I count 4 not including tiebreakers. It might be favorable to pick those maps that are the most popular with the quickest gameplay to keep it lively.
Thanks given by:
There are also some qualification rounds for countries hosting more than 1 team (At least 32 Brasilian teams incoming so 5 rounds more for Brasil).

And IMO, since there are only 4 maps to pick, I suggest to take the best ones (maps that are more representative of AssaultCube) such as ac_shine, ac_mines and ac_desert3, and keep less interresting maps for tiebreaks.

Don't make it random please.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 11:15PM)Waffles Wrote: let's all run at each other and get shot repeatedly until one breaks throu... nvm

a good solution for this might be to play depot_classic. there would be less room for error and quicker map movement.

my speculation however....
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the constructive comments, vanquish and I will talk about this and take everything into consideration. I think we both have a good competitive experience, thus we can understand all the negative reactions about the "unpopular" maps (iceroad keller...).

My opinion follows a bit what exoduss said, our goal is to make the tournament as enjoyable (to play and to watch) as possible. No doubts about this, the maps representing the most the competitive side of ac will be played. It's only a map pool, we never said the maps you listed above (undead, yopa) were going to be counted as round maps. They could be 1st or 2nd backups maps tho.

We'll publish round maps tonight or tomorrow, so you can all see what we decided. But as I said, no surprises, we'll try to make it as interesting as possible, don't forget we're also playing :)
Thanks given by:
ac_shine
ac_sunset
ac_desert3
ac_mines
ac_gothic
6 maps, all fun to play from both sides and all very well known
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 10:00AM)Xenon Wrote: ac_shine
ac_sunset
ac_desert3
ac_mines
ac_gothic
6 maps, all fun to play from both sides and all very well known

Ingress ftw, best map ever made
Thanks given by:
^
Player-side advice
Thanks given by:
I agree, from a spectator's perspective.

(19 Jul 13, 10:00AM)Xenon Wrote: 5*
Thanks given by:
ac_power must be on the list, best tactical map in ac.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 04:55PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: ac_power must be on the list, best tactical map in ac.
ac_power, and also ac_depot.
Thanks given by:
^^ ew
Thanks given by:
I agree Lucas, depot must be there too, and gothic should not be on the list with other small maps..
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 08:41PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: gothic should not be on the list with other small maps..
Remove the small maps that makes the game more fast paced and fun to watch, and keep all those who recuires amazing camping skills.. plz do dis!!!

No but really.. Gothic is one of the most played maps in matches these days together with desert3/shine and maybe a few others? I personally don't like it (mainly cus I suck at it), but it should still be on the list..

I'd rather watch Amazing Horse for 10 hours than 30 minutes of depot

edit: power's cool though
Thanks given by:
You can't compare shine/deser3 with gothic, gothic is more like werk.
Thanks given by:
idk if u understood me, but I didn't compare the sizes or the layouts of the maps.. I compared the popularity of the maps.. gothic is more played nowadays than d3.. and how on earth is gothic like werk?
Thanks given by:
In the gameplay, they need little to no tactic, just fragpower, if your team is weak at fragging, you have nothing to do in those maps.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 09:49AM)Harrek Wrote: It's only a map pool, we never said the maps you listed above (undead, yopa) were going to be counted as round maps. They could be 1st or 2nd backups maps tho.

but why are they listed in the map pool? can you at least justify their presence? i can think of a million reasons for them to not be included.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 13, 09:25PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: In the gameplay, they need little to no tactic, just fragpower, if your team is weak at fragging, you have nothing to do in those maps.
I'm weak at fragging, but I've still beaten *woop and LC with the bad side in gothic.. Before oNe couldn't beat us in werk.. now they'll rape us... ofc there are tactics, although the fact that the maps are smaller makes the tactics different from the tactics on big maps like power.. idk if u've noticed, but AC has changed a bit since v1.0

*And here's the screen for those who don't believe me.. I had a 0,72 ratio, but still 6 flags (with smg as well)..
Thanks given by:
Well, there may be few exceptions like the game you show, old players know what I'm talking about. Anyway, it's my opinion against yours... Let's see what acwc admins think.
Thanks given by:
also, some maps are played a lot in clan matches because they are biased.
doesn't mean they should be played during tournaments
Thanks given by:
Solution: learn2frag

Simple no?
Thanks given by: